• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is better than 5-25 PST Gen 2 in $650 price range?

I really want to try one, and they're only $899 on CameraLand NY today, but I don't really want to drop that much right now. Plus, it's not a christmas tree reticle... And I don't know if it comes with a zero-stop. That's what's holding me back. I've considered refunding my EP5, and then using that towards it... I don't know... 🤷🏼
They are 599 on midway

@gr8fuldoug is there any discount codes for deeper discounts for Hide members? If so, I'll just refund my EP5 and order one of the XTR-II 5-25x50 SCR MIL scopes from yall (since I really prefer 50mm over 56mm anyway), even though it's on backorder. I can wait. 😏

I really want to try one, and they're only $899 on CameraLand NY today, but I don't really want to drop that much right now. Plus, it's not a christmas tree reticle... And I don't know if it comes with a zero-stop. That's what's holding me back. I've considered refunding my EP5, and then using that towards it... I don't know... 🤷🏼
Simple zero stop, just loosen the turret and push it down after resetting your zero.
The scr reticle is quite useful in my opinion. The glass is average, about what you’d expect for its price range.
They have tons of elevation travel and thick tubes. They can take a beating.

Reactions: FuhQ
Simple zero stop, just loosen the turret and push it down after resetting your zero.
The scr reticle is quite useful in my opinion. The glass is average, about what you’d expect for its price range.
They have tons of elevation travel and thick tubes. They can take a beating.
I'll have to look it up on the YouTubes... Shit for $1,500 MSRP, the glass better be right up there with my old MIA/AIA (Made In Austria/Assembled in America) Zeiss Conquest MC scopes. LOL A lot of folks underrated those, until the Chinese Conquests came out, and then folks started praising the old ones again, and the used prices started going back up to original MSRP. Funny how that happens.

The reticle looks very similar to the VMR-1 reticle that's in my Vortex HS-T scopes. How is the FOV? Is it big like the SE/Arken? Does the eye box get right at max mag? Just curious, like I said, I haven't looked through a Burris in probably every bit of 20 years, and back then they were still "budget" scopes, and not really considered high-tier, which is why I haven't really paid them any attention the last 2 decades. I'm glad to see things have evolved and changed for the better. 👍🏼

I'll have to look it up on the YouTubes... Shit for $1,500 MSRP, the glass better be right up there with my old MIA/AIA (Made In Austria/Assembled in America) Zeiss Conquest MC scopes. LOL A lot of folks underrated those, until the Chinese Conquests came out, and then folks started praising the old ones again, and the used prices started going back up to original MSRP. Funny how that happens.

The reticle looks very similar to the VMR-1 reticle that's in my Vortex HS-T scopes. How is the FOV? Is it big like the SE/Arken? Does the eye box get right at max mag? Just curious, like I said, I haven't looked through a Burris in probably every bit of 20 years, and back then they were still "budget" scopes, and not really considered high-tier, which is why I haven't really paid them any attention the last 2 decades. I'm glad to see things have evolved and changed for the better. 👍🏼
It’s decent glass, but it’s not known for stellar glass, it more known for duty worthy durability.

It’s decent glass, but it’s not known for stellar glass, it more known for duty worthy durability.
What would you compare it to? I've glassed a shitload of scopes from a $29 BSA to a $11K Hensoldt... And we both seem to agree that glass wise the SH4 Gen2 is close to the Strike Eagle, so that means we have fairly similar eyes... So I'm curious to hear your thoughts on them.

What would you compare it to? I've glassed a shitload of scopes from a $29 BSA to a $11K Hensoldt... And we both seem to agree that glass wise the SH4 Gen2 is close to the Strike Eagle, so that means we have fairly similar eyes... So I'm curious to hear your thoughts on them.
Original pst viper

Original pst viper
So, the same as the HS-T... They had the same glass, and were essentially the same scope...Just SFP and no features. 🤔

I mean, the glass isn't bad, just not real "bright" and not really stellar at max mag. But still very useable. Is it any brighter than the PST/HST?

Original pst viper

That's actually really close. Still having both an original PST and an XTR II i'd say the XTRII edges the PST by just enough to notice & has does seem to offer a little more brightness, at least in the two I have. Not to mention i'm pretty certain I could bludgeon the PST to death with the XTR and do nothing but scratch the paint. The XTR is noticeably more robust.

t

Reactions: Gohring65
So, the same as the HS-T... They had the same glass, and were essentially the same scope...Just SFP and no features. 🤔

I mean, the glass isn't bad, just not real "bright" and not really stellar at max mag. But still very useable. Is it any brighter than the PST/HST?
I’d say about the same. Like you said, it’s usable.

I’d say about the same. Like you said, it’s usable.
Well, it will have to wait for now... Got an unexpected/semi-expected message yesterday evening alerting me that 2 of my new Test & Review items are going to be on their way, so I have to pay for those. I was hoping it would be another month or so, but I guess sometimes things get done sooner than expected, so my money will have to go towards those 2 new "lightweight gaseous" items from Otter Creek Labs... 😏

Reactions: Gohring65