• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What is going on with the Bushnell DMR II/i and the LRTS scopes?

jlficken

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2006
Aurora, NE
They are listed on the Bushnell website, however, the only place that I have really seen them (Euro Optic/Scopelist) has them listed as discontinued.

What's the deal?

They have been MIA for a while. A few places still have them in stock. They're new scopes and these things are always in high demand when they're new. Im sure the "Discontinued" status on Eurooptic is just a program error. I've seen it too. My guess would be the initial shipment of these scopes has been exhausted and we're just waiting for more to arrive from overseas. That's my wild-assed guess though. Would love to have some more info since I really REALLY want a DMR2...

My 4.5-18 LRTSi arrives tomorrow. Can't wait to throw it on my 6.5 grendel AR and shoot it this weekend.

What's going on is they're sweet.

Attachments

• photo48495.jpg
    photo48495.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 53
I emailed Euro Optic about the LRTSi and they said it was indeed discontinued.

That is crazy!!

Did I get the only 3-12 that was made as I haven't seen another one before?

ETA: I decided to send Bushnell and email asking about them. We shall see what their response is.

Last edited:
I wound up just calling Bushnell and was told that everything in their system internally shows that they are a current production item, however, Euro Optics is generally the sole re-seller for the first 5-6 months of any new Elite Tactical model. He had no idea why their website showed them as being discontinued.

I wound up just calling Bushnell and was told that everything in their system internally shows that they are a current production item, however, Euro Optics is generally the sole re-seller for the first 5-6 months of any new Elite Tactical model. He had no idea why their website showed them as being discontinued.

Like I stated earlier, as always, these things are going to be in pretty high demand for a while since they are brand new product, so supplies will be limited. We're probably just in a flux between production and delivery from overseas. Im sure the "Discontinued" note on Eurooptic amounts to nothing more than a clerical error. I find it hard to believe that Bushnell would discontinue a brand new product that they just formally introduced at SHOT this year.

Now the following is pure speculation...Given that a few folks seem to be receiving some scopes with funky parallax knobs either installed with inverted markings or focusing well off of the marking displayed, Bushnell may be putting these scopes through some additional QC to get the issue corrected. This would likely cause a delay in them arriving to distributors. Again, pure speculation.

The 4.5-18 LRTSi is listed as In-Stock on Eurooptic.

Like I stated earlier, as always, these things are going to be in pretty high demand for a while since they are brand new product, so supplies will be limited. We're probably just in a flux between production and delivery from overseas. Im sure the "Discontinued" note on Eurooptic amounts to nothing more than a clerical error. I find it hard to believe that Bushnell would discontinue a brand new product that they just formally introduced at SHOT this year.

Now the following is pure speculation...Given that a few folks seem to be receiving some scopes with funky parallax knobs either installed with inverted markings or focusing well off of the marking displayed, Bushnell may be putting these scopes through some additional QC to get the issue corrected. This would likely cause a delay in them arriving to distributors. Again, pure speculation.

The 4.5-18 LRTSi is listed as In-Stock on Eurooptic.

Have a link? I can only find the LRTS scopes in stock.

I was about to say there is no way it's discontinued they were just announced lol.

I really do like mine. Is yours the 4.5-18x?

No Mine is the DMRII i. So far it's just about perfect. The scope is heavy and the reticle is a little thick at 21x. My .308 is averaging .72" 5 shot groups with my current load though. The illumination is very good also in my opinion, going from just enough to see in darkness to bright enough for the brightest day.

My buddy Clay contacted Bushnell directly and Bushnell wrote back "they are not discontinued". It is an error in Eurooptic's system that needs to be fixed.

I have both models of the 4.5-18 the black illuminated one and the fde non illuminated one, I have them both mounted in rings, but never fired, but now I am thinking of selling one, because I don't need both. If anyone is interested PM me.

Spoke with Bushnell directly. The LRTSi is NOT discontinued. Its brand F'ing new . Lol

The 3-12 LRTSi will be available early summer....

Attachments

• photo48630.jpg
    photo48630.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 27
I didn't think they would be discontinued but the Euro Optics website said the LRTSi was which is why I asked.

I got this back from a rep today....

Per the product team:
Model ET3124GI will be available in 3-4 months.

I am still confused since the attached is sitting on my T3 CTR right now and I got it last week.

Did they have a leftover in a box from SHOT or something that they sent to Euro Optic where I just lucked out and saw it at the right time? I wouldn't think so but it is really odd that I have one right now when they aren't supposed to be out for 3-4 months.

Attachments

• photo48709.jpg
    photo48709.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: