• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the best solvent, when you shoot moly?????

MrXtreme

Private
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2010
Sweden
Hi everybody!
How do i clean a barrel, when "molybullets" have been used?
On hunting season i´ll switch to naked BT´s.
Can i do that switch without the risk for accuracyproblem?

Thanks in advance
Tommy

Re: What is the best solvent, when you shoot moly?????

Corrected by will.

Thanks man

Magman687, What you need to do is read up on Moly instead of spreading "obamahoods". Moly cannot build up by itslf due to the fact that it "Shingles" on itself. Therefore if in pure form (no additives like burnt powder residue) it would just slide off itself. Also, Moly fills in the pores of steel. The "problem" with moly is that it does attract & combine w/ moisture. IF you are a rifleman then you should already be doing proper after action maint. on your gear.

IF you shoot moly during matches & then decide to go naked then use whatever solvent you want (Butches, Montana Extreme, etc ..) I would suggest shooting about 20-30 round to confirm the new zero. Don't forget to use oiled bore mop or boresnake afterwards.

I started using moly about 20 years ago & still use it in 2 rifles. All I do during hunting season is pull an oiled boresnake down bore after a hunting session.

The other rifle is shot using hBN.

I did research alot and that's What I found so sorry if I offended anyone but thank you for correcting me.
smile.gif

Thanks for the information Will.
Regards Tommy