• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the best way to break in a MST MWS barrel

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    Is there a scheme that is generally followed to break in the barrel of a new LMT MWS. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: What is the best way to break in a MST MWS barrel

I have never followed a break in... My rifles shoot well, I have a LMT hopefully 1 week out, and do not plan on breaking it in either.

CHOOT IT! Then clean it when your accuracy falls off. Im running a satern rifled cut barrel with 300 rounds down the tube and have yet to clean it! Still shoots bugholes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just shoot the damn thing </div></div>
    Seems like I am just going to just shoot it.
    Force_Multiplier, your right, even paranoids have enemies.

I'd run at least 1 patch through there with light oil to clean out the dirt or whatever stuck in the bore while in storage and/or shipping...then shoot the shit out of it until accuracy falls off.

Thanks guys, I did run a few patches thru it and clean and lubed the bolt. Out to the range again today to start a load work up. Will first try my pet load for my 308 TRG 22.
    put a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50 on it that I will have to zero in. It will mostly be used for medium to semi long range shooting. The TRG 22 for Long range shooting.