• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the next best range option?

tmpugliese

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2013
With Triple C now closed, what is the next best range option? To add more context, I'll describe what I liked and the tradeoffs I was willing to accept to be a part of Triple C. You can use this as a general guideline for what I am (and likely others are) looking for. I know it will be hard to replace but Triple C had a relatively large footprint for shooters of all types. There were at least a dozen approx~ 60'x60' tac bays. There were about 15 lanes each with separate covered shooting areas and their own string of steel targets for each lane at their "1000 yard" range. They also had multiple covered shooting bays at the "2000 yard" range. There was even a positional shooting range with randomly distanced steel targets to about 600 yards. Best part was that you could generally setup, load and shoot at your own pace. No overbearing range officers, lots of space. This was easily the best range that I have ever been apart of and I really enjoyed going there over the past 2 years. It wasn't cheap but for what they offered, I felt like it was easily a great deal, and only about 25-30 min southwest of downtown Fort Worth. So.......for those of you who went to Triple C and really appreciated it, what is my next best alternative in the north Texas area? I'm willing to drive up to an hour from fort worth and I don't mind paying for good facilities, but I really want a place with some space, not a lot of riff-raff of the street, and the freedom to come, shoot and leave at my convenience. Does a public or even private place like this exist in North Texas that could come close to Triple C? If so, then please let me know. Thanks for your time.

ETTS in Waxahachie, Fossil Pointe Sporting Grounds in Decatur where the PRS guys are moving to, Jacob's Plain Gun Club and The Battlefield in Greenville host PRS and 22lr matches.