• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What is the Ultimate Combat Pistol? Make your case

Re: What is the Ultimate Combat Pistol? Make your case

NorthernBorn, If you happen to get time off on a weekend and happen to be around Dallas (or want to make the trip up), if you want to try a bunch of the different HK models (including the Mark 23) send me a PM & if I'm not busy I'll be happy to meet you at the range and bring a good selection of HK ones for you to shoot.

If I were going somewhere tomorrow to get into combat, of all the handguns in my safe, I would grab my Glock 17 w/ X300 and all the mags I have for it, plus my little kids pencil box for school with enough parts to rebuild that gun 3 times over.

Okay, over the past few days I picked this apart as much as I could. I agree there is no perfect combat sidearm but the closest I can get to it is the Glock.
Last week I took out 4 potential guns for this thread plus a 1911
FN .45 Tactical
Smith and Wesson M&P
Sig P220 Elite Dark
Glock 21 Gen 4
and
Nighthawk GRP 1911

The FN was outstanding giving the user the option for cocked and locked carry thus giving it a consistent trigger pull.Great features, excellent sights, threaded barrel but the downfalls were size. The gun is way too bulky. Price, like everything else FN it was a lot of money for design only not so much for the materials in hand. Ergonomics, the gun feels very awkward and not natural to hold.

The Smith and Wesson was a great gun and really I only have one gripe and that was the trigger. Hated the reset and I wasn't fond of the trigger pull itself. Comfortable and well built though.

The P220 elite dark is outstanding, threaded barrel, night sights (good night sights), short reset, short trigger. awesome across the board except firepower, 8+1 ouch.

The Nighthawk GRP was the most expensive of the bunch at well over 2K. The build quality is second to none and accuracy is sublime. Sights are fantastic night sights and the trigger is simply one of the best I have ever used but again the downfall.. capacity. same as the P220 8+1.
Now, as I have said before for a duty gun or EDC 1911s are outstanding. If you are not in a training area, down range or in the field a 1911 is my number 1 choice because of the thumb safety and I will take precision over other perks any day around civilians.
But for a "combat" implying that the gun may be exposed to rough terrain , harsh conditions and all the elements. Also, implying that the goal is not public safety or self defense but more complete the mission or defend and area... I will take the Glock over anything else currently in production. I know how hard just sitting in a Pos can be on a sidearm let alone running around and getting thrashed. I want a durable gun, I want a gun that's easy to clean, I want a gun that has no safety switches because if I draw it I am probably tits deep in gun fire. I want consistent trigger pull and I want an ass load of really big bullets that can be fired quickly and accurately. Glocks last and and last and aside from a house fire or a great big dog with a chewing problem not much else tends to break them. Then there is the price, half of what you will spend on the FN almost a 1/4 of what you can spend on a Mk23 or Nighthawk GRP. Best bargain on the market if you ask me and more than a safe bet. The only problem with a Glock is they tend to be boring and old news for a lot of us, you think I am kidding, I am not. The fun factor on any purchase should be up there and Glocks aren't as fun as a lot of other stuff out there and that makes a difference to the buyer. It does for me. I currently own 2 Glocks and have had more than I can count. They don't blow my skirt up anymore but they work and work really well and as far as a "combat pistol" goes. I can't think of any other gun that would do as well in the field as a G21. They do always impress me, maybe not excite me but they do always impress me. I don't know why but I get it in my head that they aren't really accurate and they are especially the Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks.
I should also mention that I have never had a Glock really "fit" my hand but I still do extremely well with them.

Finally, I don't want to seem like I am picking on any other guns. I am not, everything I mentioned I own as well as a bunch of others I ruled out before hand like the FN Five seven or Beretta 92 (served with it, not my first pick to say the least) The Mk 23 is a close second but I still don't like it because of the double to single trigger and the size of the damned thing. Feels like a Desert Eagle. Realistically, if the proverbial shit hit the fan I would probably reach for my 1911s first but I am bringing the G21 and would eventually come to my senses and carry it instead.

Sorry I suck at pictures I'll get some better ones I swear.
IMG_0260-1.jpg

Glock G21, Sig P220, or HK full size. I have all 3 and all of them are bombproof. I will say that my G21 slim frame is by far the most comfortable handgun that I have used, but grip / hand size are a very personal thing.

befqxz.jpg

Caliber
Reliability
Comfort/Size
Price
Capacity
MADE IN THE USA
Not necessarily in that order!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hewlett260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm amazed more people haven't mentioned the Sig. Combat Proven: check. Accurate: check. Reliable: double check. Amazing feel fit and finish: check again. I also have my opinion on polymer frame vs. steel. Gotta say for me not a big deal between 9mm and 40, but for a 45. I would prefer the added weight as it also helps control recoil. The specific models I have in mind are the P226 and P220 Elite. </div></div> This could be true if the SIG said "Made in West Germany" on it. As of late the quality isn't there anymore.
I'll take a Glock an be quite happy camper. Caliber doesn't matter to much, although prefer 9/45. Hard to beat the toughness, ease of repair an cost of maintenance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darkstar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no Ultimate anything, especially a sidearm.
</div></div>

That would definitely seem to be the case and the flaw in the argument. Excellent cases made for various pistols so far though. I'm really surprised no one has brought up anything by CZ yet. I know they have a cult following with the same love as the 1911 and Glock guys.

The main purpose of this thread was to start a new discussion on the various pistols that have hit the market in the last couple of years and what improvements/new designs have to offer to a professional setting whether it be the battlefield or SWAT role. My choice in using the word Ultimate was definitely a mistake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hewlett260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm amazed more people haven't mentioned the Sig. Combat Proven: check. Accurate: check. Reliable: double check. Amazing feel fit and finish: check again. I also have my opinion on polymer frame vs. steel. Gotta say for me not a big deal between 9mm and 40, but for a 45. I would prefer the added weight as it also helps control recoil. The specific models I have in mind are the P226 and P220 Elite. </div></div>

+1,Sig 226 for me please. While there are lighter guns out there that are just as reliable, like Glocks, etc, the difference of a few ounces should not matter for a combat handgun.

Sigs are utterly reliable, SA/DA is a requirement IMHO, because of safety and its always ready. Good ammo capacity and mags that are as reliable as anything out there. Railed version with Siglite sights. Controllable with good weight to soak up recoil, extremely accurate. Not the best grip axis but still extremely accurate. I might consider an E2 model for better ergos but I have never shot one. I pick it over any gun a have experience with including, XDs, BHP, M&Ps, USP, 1911, Glocks, CZs and a 4506.

Close second would be a P99AS, though I would have the latter second due to non-standard controls and rail.

P.S. To the OP;

By 'combat handgun' are we talking for fielding to the entire military or just to Spec Ops type folks who will have copious amounts of time to train with it? Are we talking PVT Joe Scruffy, truck driver, who will see it once a month to clean it and get to shoot it once a year, or SGM High Speed, who will train with it until he can come out of the holster and reliably get headshots at 25 yards in .6?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShortRangeSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">P.S. To the OP;

By 'combat handgun' are we talking for fielding to the entire military or just to Spec Ops type folks who will have copious amounts of time to train with it? Are we talking PVT Joe Scruffy, truck driver, who will see it once a month to clean it and get to shoot it once a year, or SGM High Speed, who will train with it until he can come out of the holster and reliably get headshots at 25 yards in .6? </div></div>

Any pistol mentioned here should fit the bill of SGM High Speed's needs while still surviving the neglect/punishment of PVT Dumbass' neglect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShortRangeSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hewlett260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm amazed more people haven't mentioned the Sig. Combat Proven: check. Accurate: check. Reliable: double check. Amazing feel fit and finish: check again. I also have my opinion on polymer frame vs. steel. Gotta say for me not a big deal between 9mm and 40, but for a 45. I would prefer the added weight as it also helps control recoil. The specific models I have in mind are the P226 and P220 Elite. </div></div>

+1,Sig 226 for me please. While there are lighter guns out there that are just as reliable, like Glocks, etc, the difference of a few ounces should not matter for a combat handgun.

Sigs are utterly reliable, SA/DA is a requirement IMHO, because of safety and its always ready. Good ammo capacity and mags that are as reliable as anything out there. Railed version with Siglite sights. Controllable with good weight to soak up recoil, extremely accurate. Not the best grip axis but still extremely accurate. I might consider an E2 model for better ergos but I have never shot one. I pick it over any gun a have experience with including, XDs, BHP, M&Ps, USP, 1911, Glocks, CZs and a 4506.

Close second would be a P99AS, though I would have the latter second due to non-standard controls and rail. </div></div>

Easy with the 'Sigs' being utterly reliable. What was said about the German manufactured pistols is true. Sig's QC in the US isn't that great, but their CS is very good to outstanding. But still, I had a high $ Sig that was anything but reliable, even after it went back to Sig. I sold it off at a slight loss. HK has been the best for me. HK45 with a threaded barrel is awesome. I've got 2 USPs and 2 HK45s. I've also dedicated myself to the 1911 over the last 7 yrs. Bout to trade my RMR Glock for a 3rd 1911. . . then pick up a new dot ready M&P. Yay

NorthernBorn- Why would you even start a thread like this? Are you bored or something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Easy with the 'Sigs' being utterly reliable. What was said about the German manufactured pistols is true. Sig's QC in the US isn't that great, but their CS is very good to outstanding. But still, I had a high $ Sig that was anything but reliable, even after it went back to Sig. I sold it off at a slight loss. HK has been the best for me. HK45 with a threaded barrel is awesome. I've got 2 USPs and 2 HK45s. I've also dedicated myself to the 1911 over the last 7 yrs. Bout to trade my RMR Glock for a 3rd 1911. . . then pick up a new dot ready M&P. Yay

NorthernBorn- Why would you even start a thread like this? Are you bored or something? </div></div>

I can only really speak to my own experience vis-a-vis Sig reliability. I have been carrying a P229 for eight years now as a duty gun. My first gun was a P226 which I still own. Through the years I have also owned a P229 Equinox and two P239s. My wife's EDC is a P238 and I just picked up a P290RS. With the exception of my wife's gun being a little finicky with ammo, and Sigs having a penchant for grip screws coming loose, I have had, and have observed zero issues with Sigs.

So while I must rely on reading about torture tests on other guns, I have seen literally hundreds of thousands of rounds through Sigs with just about zero issues.

Now given, in terms of 226s, 229s, and 239s, I have not bought a NIB gun in 12 years.

Oh, and to the P226 mentioned above, add a SRT package.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

NorthernBorn- Why would you even start a thread like this? Are you bored or something? </div></div>

Not at all. A lot of great, newer information on current production pistols has been presented all in one place from a lot of knowledgeable people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HKP7M8 ain't no slouch. </div></div> Agreed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HKP7M8 ain't no slouch. </div></div> Agreed. </div></div>

I actually almost mentioned the P7M13. My PSP is my favorite gun and IMHO, the Betamax of guns, superior design that never caught on. I did not mention the M13 because they are so rare. But I guess if Uncle Sam said he wanted 50,000 of them, HK would start the production line again. Or maybe even dust off the P7M10.

I wish 10mm were more common.

My vote is G20, or G20L.

I carry my G20L some of the day every day IWB. It shoots excellent. Shoots a Underwood 180gr XTP at 1420 FPS, 806 lb/ft of KE.

And, IMO, the recoil is more bearable than 40 S&W. Its a good shove, but isn't a snap like the 40.

It can compare in every caliber debate. Hi-cap compared to 45ACP. Same capacity as .40 S&W guns. Unarguably better round for terminal ballistics. If you think it recoils too much, step down to the FBI-light loads like Winchester Silvertip. Still hotter than .40 S&W but very light shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShortRangeSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HKP7M8 ain't no slouch. </div></div> Agreed. </div></div>

I actually almost mentioned the P7M13. My PSP is my favorite gun and IMHO, the Betamax of guns, superior design that never caught on. I did not mention the M13 because they are so rare. But I guess if Uncle Sam said he wanted 50,000 of them, HK would start the production line again. Or maybe even dust off the P7M10. </div></div>
While P7's make great LE pistols; they leave a lot to be desired in a battle/combat pistol.
They are beautifully made and have great collector value; but don't hold up too well in dirty enviorenments, and have way too many parts. If you don't believe me, take the grip panels off, and take everything apart, and be prepared to ship it off to HK so they can put it back together!
laugh.gif

It's hard for me to narrow it down to one P7 model in particular. The fluted chamber, gas operation, and the lack of a safety (that requires finger manipulation) has me sold. I don't have any actual experience putting one through the paces, but the overall concept is hard to argue with in my opinion. I'll be digging into my first one in the next week or two. I'm pretty excited about playing with it and reworking all of the parts to slick it up some. I don't doubt that it doesn't care much for dirt. Hopefully that will be an issue I address. Typically you have to sacrifice accuracy for reliability. I'm usually more willing to keep an accurate weapon out of the dirt than I am to sacrifice accuracy....
frown.gif

I'm never in actual combat, so I don't know what such an environment actually entails.

I am sure you'll like it; they are very fast to get in to action. They can get pretty hot around the trigger in the older one's especially w/ out the little plastic heat shield.

Sold my G21, still have a G19 but for the go to pistol, it has to be my HK45 Tactical w threaded barrel. Of course, I'd have my Volkmann precision 1911 on me as well, one is none, two is one!

The noisy cricket.

NoisyCricket_zpsffdd61a0.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm usually more willing to keep an accurate weapon out of the dirt than I am to sacrifice accuracy....
frown.gif

I'm never in actual combat, so I don't know what such an environment actually entails.</div></div>
I've never been to Afghanistan, only Iraq, but in my experience it's a lot easier to keep your weapons clean (if that is in fact a priority for you) than a lot or internet commandos would lead you to believe... I think in a lot a people's minds, they see the possibility that they either currently do or one day will be the star of their very own Rambo movie, crawling through mud, covert water infiltrations, constant sand storms, etc... In reality (at least the reality I find myself in these days), I highly doubt it.

Good luck with your P7 project, sounds cool, I like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm usually more willing to keep an accurate weapon out of the dirt than I am to sacrifice accuracy....
frown.gif

I'm never in actual combat, so I don't know what such an environment actually entails.</div></div>
I've never been to Afghanistan, only Iraq, but in my experience it's a lot easier to keep your weapons clean (if that is in fact a priority for you) than a lot or internet commandos would lead you to believe... I think in a lot a people's minds, they see the possibility that they either currently do or one day will be the star of their very own Rambo movie, crawling through mud, covert water infiltrations, constant sand storms, etc... In reality (at least the reality I find myself in these days), I highly doubt it.

Good luck with your P7 project, sounds cool, I like it. </div></div>

Agreed. Keeping your weapon clean is easier than most say it is. Unless as you said, someone doesn't care.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. this would be what I'd take with me.

20120804181507.jpg

now my Glock has proven reliability, but when an accurate shot is required, glock just can't hold up to a Mk23. not to mention, I'd be curious if you can shoot a dud out the barrel with another bullet like the Mk23 does lol.

in all honesty, it's not as heavy as people think. a loaded mk23 actually weights .2 oz less than a loaded alum 1911
smile.gif

</div></div>

I've seen more than a few guys work a glock 17 or G22 like a precision pistol.
As with most weapons they are more accurate than most of the operators. Your evidently in this category.

Now is a mark 23 most likely EASIER to shoot more accurately than a glock. Yeah, no doubt it is. But that doesn't mean they can't be operated damn close. So close that the size and weight of the H&K isn't worth it.

Once again. a great shooter that can operate both accurately are going to take the glock first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... a great shooter that can operate both accurately are going to take the Glock first.</div></div>
Yep, I think so. I'm pretty handy with a pistol, doubt I'd when any Bullseye competitions but when it comes to combat type shooting, I can hold my own against most people (not real-deal competitors either, they'd make me look like I'd never shot before, haha). I realize that I'm deviating a little from the intent of the thread, but what I'm trying to say is that I think pistols are so worthless in general that I wouldn't get too worked up over which one. I would opt for the Glock in whatever caliber you have determined is the 'best' & move on. I'm actually in the process of selling every pistol I have minus a Glock 26... It'll do everything I plan to ever need to do with a pistol, which is pretty much nothing. Now this is just me, but I get no real pleasure from shooting pistols, though some of you do which is cool. They're like knives to me... Every few years I look around & say 'How the fuck did I end up with all of these?!'

Anyway, there's a point in there somewhere... I think...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This could be true if the SIG said "Made in West Germany" on it. As of late the quality isn't there anymore. </div></div>

I work for a gun store. We just had a P938 Extreme come in and when I took it out of the box, there was a 1.25" scratch through the bluing on the side of the slide. I was really disappointed to see Sig let that through their QC; that's unacceptable for a $690 pistol.

Since it is scratched and all, I'll give ya $300 for that 938
laugh.gif

Glocks, what else needs to be said.

ar15 pistol. outshoot all yalls choices, sheet mon. whatcha be thinkin now?

I'd use my 30 06 t/c contender. All I need is one shot anyways.LOL

The Ultimate Combat Pistol is that pistol that you can get your hands on at that given minute that keeps you alive. Your gun, your friends gun or the enemies gun could be the Ultimate Combat Pistol.

I am a LEO and have been fortunate to be assigned to a unit that shoots a lot over the last many years. I've been issued a Glock this whole time and never really got too exited about it...you know "plastic pistol" and all.

Personally, I've owned and shot Sigs (P229 and P226--my personal favorite), Beretta 92, HK, Walther, Smith autos, Springfield XDs, and a few other Duty type weapons.

In the end, if I had to grab a handgun and run into trouble in progress, I'd grab a Glock. Let me tell you why:

The trigger system on a Glock is easiest to shoot quickly and effectively. You can teach anyone to double tap well (accurately) with a Glock. The trigger reset on a Glock is safe yet effective. (I guess if you're willing to train a cocked and locked system then a 1911 would be a top trigger.) When I see people list Sigs/Beretta I have to wonder...because much speed is lost in the DA/SA first pull...and when you try to shoot the long trigger pull quickly accuracy goes down.

Glocks are supremely reliable. I've stood on the line at the range with 40 other guys issued glocks shooting thousands of rounds over the years and I'm still amazed at the level of reliability. I have two issued Glocks that have never misfired or failed to fire after many many long days at the range.

Glocks are tough and durable. Snow, rain, mud, climbing holstered over brick walls, crawling holstered through the brush, bla bla bla, and they still perform well. I've seen Glocks abused that still perform reliably. (Caveat--the people I shoot with clean and lube their weapons after every shoot/training day.)

Glocks are light weight. Carrying a handgun daily brings one to appreciate weight. (I know lots of gun enthusiast cops who have custom 1911s in their safes after they got tired of the weight on their belts all day every day and elected to carry something lighter.) A Springfield Operator (a pleasure to shoot and own) is a heavy beast (yeah, it's in my safe.)

Glocks are accurate. I've never seen a Glock that didn't shoot to point of aim after proper adjustment. Glocks will shoot consistently small groups...right up there with the best handguns.

Glocks are high capacity...typically.

Glocks handle/absorb recoil well and they naturally point well. The ergos, while very bland, are utilitarian and very functional. (CZ75s have great grip ergos.)

Glocks are easy to maintain. Glock barrels and slides don't foul easily and clean up easily. The teflon coating...or whatever it's called, keeps the pistol clean a long time. The pistol is easy to take down.

Glock magazines are bomb proof. Doing drills on a range with asphalt can be really hard on magazines. Drop a fully loaded mag on the tarmac over and over again and you'll see failures. I had to give up my Springfield XDs because the mags couldn't take a regular training day without damage. Damage=failure to feed. Good magazines are EVERYTHING in a duty weapon.

Glocks are simple to deploy...they have no external safety. In my experience, handguns with safeties are trouble under stress (Unless you train and train regularly). I can't tell you how many times I've seen people draw and pull the trigger on a "safe" weapon when surprised by a threat in training scenarios.

There are so many other pistols that are so much sexier! I love my Sigs, CZs are nice, and I have an HK USP that I adore. But, in the end, I'd grab a vanilla, tupperware, boring, Glock 17 if I was going into harms way.

Everyone has their own preference. They are going to pick the platform they shoot the best with/have the most experience with. I have no intentions of going into combat, but I like to be prepared (like a good little boyscout): P229 .40S&W. May have to try it in DAK to see what the fuss is all about.

HK-45 would be my personal choice. In my opinion it holds its own with everything else out there. Its very accurate, has decent capacity, works with many shooters hands, and HK even throws in a METAL guide rod and METAL sights.

I dont know any military unit still carrying the HK mk23, its a brick. Glocks, Sigs, Beretta, and 1911's. So what you all call a Combat handgun the majority of folks call a secondary.
I'll take the Glock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know any military unit still carrying the HK mk23, its a brick. </div></div>
The SEAL's still use it for certain missions, just talked to one of them at my last class.
The German Special Forces still use it, as well as some snipers are equipped with them.
I think some unit in Poland uses the MK23 as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSK-Scharfschütze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The SEAL's still use it for certain missions, just talked to one of them at my last class.
</div></div>
I spoke w/ one over the phone once!

SW 686 Distinguished Combat Magnum Plus. 7rds of the hard hitting 357 mag. But if you are recoil sensitive stick with a semi in 45

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSK-Scharfschütze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
I spoke w/ one over the phone once! </div></div>

Nice contribution!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSK-Scharfschütze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSK-Scharfschütze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
I spoke w/ one over the phone once! </div></div>

Nice contribution! </div></div>

You'll come to learn that that is a typical Turk post, short and to the point
smile.gif
lol

Wow, this thread resurfaced and still has no intelligent responses to the fundamental concept.

I don't even know why I try with you people.

Allow me to change my initial argument of ultimate handgun design to;

<span style="font-size: 26pt">1911! FUCK YAH! 'MURICAH!</span>

ne'er talked to a seal personally but i did sleep in a holiday inn last nite. so...FAL pistol?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ne'er talked to a seal personally but i did sleep in a holiday inn last nite. so...FAL pistol? </div></div>

Me neither, but I slept in my own bed last night.... right next to my g19 w/x300, SA 1911 BFP w/10rd mag, and my shotgun.

My choice for ultimate combat pistol is whatever I have on my side at that moment in time (honestly it's only a 1911 or a glock ever).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, this thread resurfaced and still has no intelligent responses to the fundamental concept.

I don't even know why I try with you people.

Allow me to change my initial argument of ultimate handgun design to;

<span style="font-size: 26pt">1911! FUCK YAH! 'MURICAH!</span></div></div>

first choice: type ii phaser

can warm a can of soup, weld titanium, defeat body armor, vaporize or stun an opponent. in a pinch can be programmed to overload and act as an anti personnel device / grenade / mine.

i don't think it has a thing that tells time

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Type-2_phaser

Utilized primarily in defensive situations, the Phaser Type-2 had several applications, from use as a weapon to use as a cutting tool, explosive device, or energy source. Storing considerable energy, most phasers were distinguished by a roughly pistol or gun-type configuration, firing a focused energy discharge in the form of a beam or steady stream.

second choice: Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle barrel cut to 5.5" and pistol grip with pic rails and bottom metal.

third choice: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOUGHGUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Ultimate Combat Pistol is that pistol that you can get your hands on at that given minute that keeps you alive. Your gun, your friends gun or the enemies gun could be the Ultimate Combat Pistol.</div></div>

forth choice: carry whatever is issued in the arena that your going to do combat in. you can accumulate mags and ammo off your opponent.

the ultimate combat pistol is the one in your hand when the shooting starts...

might have been 1000 other choices, but they damn sure don't matter once lead is flying