• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is with all the Profanity???

My Father's word on profanity: "Profanity is the last refuge of the illiterate".

By this he meant that if an individual cannot make themselves understood without resorting to profanity, it's a personal shortcoming. It was his 1910 birth date showing, and English was his second language. He was an engraver for the treasury department.

I've been on this site since the year 2000, and yes; I've resorted to profanity. In every case it's been because my temper had been irretrievably lost, and my wisdom was no longer sound at that moment. Every instance marked a profound failure on my part, revealed a character flaw on my own particular part, and I probably still possess more fingers and toes than the number of the times when it occurred.

I have objected and gotten my fanny handed too me. I still believe strongly that I was not making a mistake. Character carries a price, and sometimes one must be prepared to pay it regardless. Even the old boys can accept that simple, if painful, fact. When character calls; one steps up, or hands in their man card. Every man who volunteers for hazardous duty, as my Father did in 1941, or those thousands of brave younger men than did on Nov 12, has held that card in high esteem.

I can do better. I wish I always could.

Rant off.

Greg

Last edited:
cursing is fun , drunk cursing is an art form . it really does take a huge amount of skill to drink yourself into a stupor and curse without sounding bad like a mom cursing for the first time there is almost never a chance they won't come of sounding like a child .

I did 21 years in the Marines, and like 99% of the 'Corps used "fuck, fucking, or motherfucker" as a comma. Unfortunately I still revert back to that stage from time to time when I get completely frustrated.

I learned upon retirement and transition back to "normal" life, that the vast majority of the population looks at those who cannot control their vocabulary as people to avoid regardless of the wealth of knowledge you may possess on a particular topic...To put it into perspective for those who haven't learned to control their mouth yet: - you fucking sound autistic.

I get it. I did it too. Gratuitous profanity- especially when you can think of new and creative ways to use it - gives you 15 extra SME (Subject Matter Expert) points during a presentation. However, the only real value it will ever add to any period of instruction is with an audience incapable of controlling their vocabulary too.

The reality to the other 95% of the student body is that the profanity will actually distract from the point that the instructor is trying to get across. I can't remember a single point that SgtMaj "motherfucking" (pronounced "Muh-Fukken") Helms ever made at a battalion event...but I do know that us career enlisted used to stand in the back and keep count of all the times "muh-fukken" was uttered. He was imitated for hours after every safety brief by all of the Marines, and joked around about for years after his change of command.

I just returned from a Baseball Game my Grandson was playing in. One Parent started cussing at his son using the F-Bomb. The boys Mother then asked her husband to stop it and he replied that he didn't ask her for her F option and told her to shut up.
Hard to teach your kids values when you have none yourself.

Look.. If anyone in this thread has ever listened to a single episode of my podcast, they will agree that I curse enough to make @velayo_0317, @lowlight and Caylen blush. It has just become my natural default way of speaking. The flip side of that, i teach kids BJJ and coach 8U travel soccer. My students/players have never heard me curse nor will they. I definitely wouldn't curse at them or their parents. This is a completely different conversation than cursing at kids on a baseball field.

The difference between the 2 (my podcast and teaching/coaching) is, im not dealing with 7&8 year olds on my podcast. I feel my listeners want to hear the true unfiltered me and if they dont, they dont have to listen. None of yall pay my god damn bills anyway. lol Bottom line, if you are hearing someone on a podcast being their true selves, then you are actually getting a treat b/c there are way too many fake ass bitches in this world. If you dont curse in private, i dont want to hear you curse on purpose. That would not be very genuine. Ive been around Phil, Caylen, and Frank in person enough to know, what youre hearing from them when they press record is the exact same they would speak around people whom they feel at home around. It isn't fake or manufactured. If they DIDN'T curse, THAT would be fake. Bottom line, if anyone doesn't enjoy the personalities of people who have podcasts, you should probably not listen to their podcast b/c it aint for you.

You’re actually very friendly and fun in person.

I won’t comment about how you are online!! ;) :LOL:

giphy (5).gif

• Haha
Reactions: Long Range 338
Nope, you wanna know you, you need to go to a clinic and join everybody for drinks and fun-din.

If you’re a good boy, you might even get a manly hug at the end of the night. Haha

More seriously, the social dinners w the guys is a seriously good part of the clinic.

Cheers

Sarcasm went over your head teachers pet...