• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What is your favorite CrossFit workout?

hrearden22

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2010
TX
Have started an email with ring with a few friends where we all share our workouts. Two of my favorites are below - both quick and high impact.

8 x 100 yd flat out sprint bookended by 25 pushups on one end and 10 burpees on the other

4 x 100 flat out sprint followed one of four exercises - 50 lat pulldowns, 50 situps, 50 pushups, 50 squats

Re: What is your favorite CrossFit workout?

My favorite is the "Murph" It's an ass kicker!
Start off by running 1 mile...then;
100 pullups, 200 pushups, and 300 air squats...Finish off by running a mile...then try to compare your time with others.
Just a note: the pullups are kipping pullups and you can break it down however you want..."ie" 20 sets of 5 pullups, 20 sets of 10 pushups and 20 sets of 15 squats.

I actually Love to hate this workout, but once your done it's an accomplishment. One of my other favorites is "Fran"

"Cindy", "Filthy 50" and "300."

We did a Burpee Challenge last year where we did one burpee the first day, two the second day and so on until 100 burpees on the 100th day. When I say burpees suck, you may take that as an expert opinion.

I did get a T-shirt for it though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My favorite is the "Murph" It's an ass kicker!
Start off by running 1 mile...then;
100 pullups, 200 pushups, and 300 air squats...Finish off by running a mile...then try to compare your time with others.
Just a note: the pullups are kipping pullups and you can break it down however you want..."ie" 20 sets of 5 pullups, 20 sets of 10 pushups and 20 sets of 15 squats.

I actually Love to hate this workout, but once your done it's an accomplishment. One of my other favorites is "Fran" </div></div>

That sounds absolutely brutal - how long does it take you to do that workout?

That may rival another I've heard about which is 300M of non stop lunges with 45 pound bar locked out over your head. Think it is called the "deathmarch" or something similar.

I hate them all. After a year, I am becoming accustomed to the taste of puke in the morning, though.

My workout partner and I started making them up once a week. We're both injured in various places, so we tailor workouts to suit. Here's a recent one called Shallow Grave:

Premise: You're an infantryman and your being ordered to defend a hilltop on extremely short notice. You'll run up the hill, dig an improvised fighting hole (the shallow grave) and fight from it. You're ordered to displace and redeploy farther up the hill...4 times.

Preparation - fill your backpack with 40 pounds of whatever you want. Ammo is preferred, but not essential. You'll wear your pack for the entire workout.

5 rounds for time
.2 miles on the treadmill with the elevation set on 10%...or whatever. Simulates running uphill. Wait, it is running uphill.
50 sumo deadlifts with a 50 pound dumbell. Simulates digging and stacking rocks for your fighting hole.
25 pushups. Simulates shooting and ducking.

Style points will be awarded for doing the workout in camo.

It was much harder than I thought it would be...

I did a murph today actually, usually it'll take me about 30-35 minutes if I'm smok-checking it, but it took me a while today. 39:42 was the end time.

The Filthy Fifty is probably the showstopper. I plan my day around a filthy fifty, takes me about 70 minutes when I'm really geared up for it, but on a regular day it's about 90 minutes.

The 1st time I did "Murph" my time was 39:38...My PR is 37:57.

Gotta try the Filthy Fifty...Maybe Tomorrow!

Did Jackie today in 9:30 I took it easy on the row.I only had 1 hour of recovery after a 2 hour mountain bike ride before doing the class. I didn't want to blow up cause I attacked the hills on the bike today pretty hard. The 50 thrusters went smooth but with 2 separated shoulders the pull-ups take me more time than I would like. I will work on that a lot this winter.
For those of you that don't know "Jackie"
1,000 meter row
50 Thrusters 45lb bar
30 Pull Ups