• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What is your favorite or most wanted pistol & why?

PGG

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2010
North Texas
I have to think about my choice but was wondering what every one would choose.

Re: What is your favorite or most wanted pistol & why?

beretta 92 elite II
because this one is mine

5o732q.jpg

Id like to have one those high grade Sig X5's. I have owned the cheaper all around version and currently own the x5 tactical. Both are lasers, but the high grade ones are sexy looking.

226X5-left.jpg

If I can choose a revolver...
My favorite all around is a stainless 4 5/8" Super BlackHawk. This little .44 is pretty easy to carry on the hip, it is very accurate, and it does hit hard. It has the capacity to keep five inside 4" at 100y, although it's more commonly 6-8". It has the power to hunt or protect pretty effectively. This is my favorite woods gun, I don't take it to the city anymore.

Since 317Millhand already took the L1. Definitely on the top of the list but why just have one dream pistol. I have many I want. Some for beauty, some for work. Here's a couple I'd sell a kidney for:

untitled-2.png

supergrade-40cal-001.jpg

sweet.jpg

HK_Mark_23_Main_A.jpg
grin.gif

yep a jason burton 1911, a ted yost BHP.. a sig x5... a single action army colt... yeah probably a few more

My favorite side arm is my FNH FNP-45, a high capacity .45 acp, with great accuracy, well balanced.

IMG_0058-Edit.jpg

Sig 226 Enhanced Elite.

I have shot a pile of hand guns over the years, custom 1911s, issue M9, issue 229, and various target guns and such. I have always enjoyed shooting my service weapons, and qual courses with them.
But, like many of you the grass is always greener when the choice is made for you. The EE in 9mm is what I would do to my issue weapon if I could, better trigger, grip, and chambered in 9mm so affordable to shoot since I'm paying to feed it.

I have one on the way.

1911 wont be on "most wanted" list forever hehe.

181341_445255998840399_508087523_n.jpg

402970_317984751567525_735270834_n.jpg

407242_354631074569559_815125377_n.jpg

390055_285956971436970_564658335_n.jpg

combat_precision_Jackpot_001.jpg

HK45 as far as polymer guns go. Same grip angle as 1911s which I like (EdBrown Special forces is my go to on that). The HK is also accurate for a polymer framed gun. I also like the fire control-DA/SA with decocker in the safety lever. I took an intermediate handgun course recently with the HK and had it covered with sand/dirt etc and it never had a single malfunction. As far as most wanted, that changes pretty frequently but I'm looking right now at a Nighthawk Custom Enforcer or an HK P30 9mm....
smile.gif

S&W Model 41. I'm not a handgunner anymore (I was a committed 3-Gun Bullseye shooter in an earlier lifetime), and don't think in terms of concealed carry or self defense where handguns are concerned; but I do like to punch paper with them. I guess deep down I still like to keep my hand in. The Smith 41 was the nicest one I ever spent significant time with; and if were ever to return to owning handguns, it would be my first purchase. My old 22 was a High Standard Supermatic Trophy II.

Next would be a Springfield Armory Range Officer .45ACP ( would mod it only with Pachmyr steel lined grips. I have seen a 1911 blow, and the Pachmyr grips protected my friend's hand from injury. I would make Pachmyr steel lined grips a basic, immediate addition to any semi I could mount them to, and strongly recommend them.).

If anything additional, maybe an M9/M92FS, too (my old one had Pachmyr grips and adjustable sights. My old 1911 was a Series 70 Gold Cup.).

A UM-84 for open carry, but only at the range or thereabout.

Greg

1911-Compact-C3%20with%20laser%2001.jpg

Sig 1911 C3 with CT

can't wait to get my hands on one of these

My favorite pistol in my MC Op. My most wanted would be the Springfield Pro (with a rail). For some reason, I like my 1911's with a rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0058-Edit.jpg

Sig 226 Enhanced Elite.

I have shot a pile of hand guns over the years, custom 1911s, issue M9, issue 229, and various target guns and such. I have always enjoyed shooting my service weapons, and qual courses with them.
But, like many of you the grass is always greener when the choice is made for you. The EE in 9mm is what I would do to my issue weapon if I could, better trigger, grip, and chambered in 9mm so affordable to shoot since I'm paying to feed it.

I have one on the way.

</div></div>

ok that is sexy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMBradshaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HK45 as far as polymer guns go. Same grip angle as 1911s which I like (EdBrown Special forces is my go to on that). The HK is also accurate for a polymer framed gun. I also like the fire control-DA/SA with decocker in the safety lever. I took an intermediate handgun course recently with the HK and had it covered with sand/dirt etc and it never had a single malfunction. As far as most wanted, that changes pretty frequently but I'm looking right now at a Nighthawk Custom Enforcer or an HK P30 9mm....
smile.gif
</div></div>

are we related? those would be my choices have the hk would like EBSF

yeah the HK45 and p30 might be a couple pieces i add to my collection soon. that 226 enhanced elite looks promising too... so many pistols so little time

I would have to say an HK 2000 series. Don't know for sure why, but it would make me feel like one of the guys.
smirk.gif

FNP 45 TAC... heavy stippled grip, 15+1 capacity (45ammo), threaded factory barrel, trijicon night sights, oh and its very accurate

I have more expensive guns and I still shoot this one more than the others:

Many of you guys would pick this one, and I do love shooting it, but not as much as the regular, boring, 8 round 1911.

34369_137726646240731_2839217_n.jpg

In that case downzero i'd have to add this
smile.gif

If Sig produced a P220ish 5" single-stack in 10mm that could handle ++P rounds with spring mod, I would buy one.

Most wanted for some time has been a 99% condition 6" Colt Python in blue.

this is my fav though
e3c319b5.jpg

Definetly the Beretta 92 platform. I got hooked on it AGAIN about 3-4 years ago. Started shooting it exclusively... Even sold an Ed Brown and Custom Shop Springfield last year... I know its blasphemy, but I just prefer the 92 to the 1911 at this point in my life (I have owned many 1911s over the years)

9-wheel-o-berettacopy.jpg

My favorite gun to shoot is my kimber custom 2 1911. Not the fanciest or priciest but I'm proud of it and the work I've done to it.

Dream gun would be a 1911 platform custom gun that I made myself, always been a dream of mine to build one from scratch. One day!!!!

Sig X5 in 9mm with a threaded barrel. That's what I'm jonesin' for right now. Badass pistol.

My Sig P220ST. Shoots great, very little felt recoil. Being heavy helps alot. Looking to get a threaded barrel for it.
Steve

davis derringer

davis32.jpg

second choice, a highpoint

HIPOINT.jpg

lastly, a bersa 380

bersa_380_gold.jpg

This one is sure to be a hit, for some of you guys when it comes out in pistol form.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NPYvliPmO4Y&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NPYvliPmO4Y&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

My favorite is my Kimber Pro TLE II. My most wanted is now a deep blued Colt Python thanks to the Python Badassery thread. That is just a beautiful piece of art.

The Springfield Armory TRP I just bought. We are madly in love. Ha
IMG_6057.jpg

Sig P226 Combat or Mk25 because I am around saltwater a lot. The P226 always feels right in my hand, has never failed, and is accurate. The current milled stainless slide makes it a pussycat to shoot, even is 357 Sig.

P226-Combat-Detail-L.jpg

Favorite is one S&W doesn't make anymore ,,
SW52-2.jpg
M-52-2

and as far as want,... something S&W probably won't ever make

an M&P Pro in 10mm

John

I love my HK P30 but but I'd cheat on her with a Glock 18 if I could, that selector switch is very sexy.

I would have to say my most wanted sidearm would have to be a Springfield armory XD(M) 3.8" full frame .40cal, i understand the trigger is not favored but god does it make me drool

My Nighthawk AAC, perfect trigger pull, sublime accuracy, fits my hand like it was made for it, a nice lazy recoil found only in full size 1911s, chambered in my favorite cartridge to load and shoot (.45 acp). Oh my I'm getting emotional just thinking of it. I really love this gun.
IMG_0631.jpg