• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is your favorite quote/saying?

Re: What is your favorite quote/saying?

My high school football coach, "You'll passout before you die, keep running".

Another one of his favorites, "I can make you puke running drills and you'll never have to leave a 3' box".

Gym teacher to two male students in a shoving match, "By all means fight and get it over with, then I get to do anything necessary to break it up, I haven't kicked anybody's ass in a while, it should be fun".

Me several years back giving a summer intern a hard time:

me: You've eaten p*ssy before haven't you?
intern: yea, but it tasted like sh*t
me: Well, there's the problem, roll her over, you've got the wrong hole.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Si vis pacem, para bellum</span></span>. (latin locution, still usefull...)

The central belief of every moron is that he is the victim of a mysterious conspiracy against his common rights and true deserts. He ascribes all his failure to get on in the world, all of his congenital incapacity and damfoolishness, to the machinations of werewolves assembled in Wall Street, or some other such den of infamy.

HL Mencken

If you can see the big picture then you aren't focusing on your front site post.

My dear old Grandad used to say <span style="font-weight: bold">"boy, if you aint got time to do it right the first damn time, where in the hell are you gonna find time to re-do it" </span>
He was right and was usually the one making me re-do it, now I find myself using it on others and mainly my child.

Mike

They say the pen is mightier than the sword,but I say fuck the pen because you can die by the sword.

"Slayer"

better to be precieved as stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

I forgot about this one

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the blackflag, and begin slitting throats</span></span></span>

Henry Lewis Mencken

"A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours."

There is a law written across the universe
that no one shall be crowned until they have first struggled.
No halo of merit rests suspended over those
who will not fight!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cartman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

There is a law written across the universe
that no one shall be crowned until they have first struggled.
No halo of merit rests suspended over those
who will not fight! </div></div>

Good one...do yu know the author?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RebelRouser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Drink Water" The Army's fix all </div></div>

"Don't drink water...Fish fu(k in it."
-Unknown

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition..."
-Shakespeare, Henry V

I've been thinking about this quotation a lot recently. My team just got back from deployment, my ATL returning to a world of shit caused by his unfaithful wife. We've had to rally around him as he's sought out self-destructive behavior to relieve the pain he's in. But no matter what issues he ever has, when you've gone to war with a guy, he's family. Finally, I think we've got him on the right track again, but only time will tell.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
--Frank Outlaw

"I got banned from Snipers Hide again."

-not really a favorite, just something I say often.

I busted this out on someone else earlier today...but its a good one:

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Edison

The Man in the Ring- Tedy Roosevelt

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

"You remind me of a bronze medal winner in the special olympics" -- Me

"Can't fix stupid" -- Unknown

"Easy going" means a high tolerance for mediocrity.

I saw this posted by another member on another forum. I have no idea who said it.

News occurs when the uninformed are interviewed by the unqualified to produce drivel for the uneducated.

From a song:

your satisfaction lies in your ILLUSIONS
But your delusions are yours and not mine

From Fight Club:

God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables — slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.

From a college professor:

Piss off as few people as possible, but no less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I got banned from Snipers Hide again."

-not really a favorite, just something I say often.
</div></div>

Thats why your our hero, CKA

But clarity and brevity, though a good beginning, are only a beginning. By themselves, they may remain bare and bleak. When Calvin Coolidge, asked by his wife what the preacher had preached on, replied, "Sin," and, asked what the preacher had said, replied, "He was against it," he was brief enough. But one hardly envies Mrs. Coolidge.
-Frank L. Lucas

The teacher or lecturer is a danger. He very seldom recognizes his nature or his position. The lecturer is a man who must talk for an hour. France may have possibly acquired the intellectual leadership or Europe when their academic period was cut down to 40 minutes. I also have lectured. The lecturer's first problem is to have enough words to fill 40 or 60 minutes. The professor is paid for his time, his results are almost impossible to estimate....No teacher has ever failed from ignorance. That is empiric professional knowledge. Teachers fail because they cannot "handle the class." Real education must ultimately be limited to men who INSIST on knowing, the rest is mere sheep herding.
-Ezra Pound

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bioyatexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Want in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up quicker. </div></div>

I like the variant on this "Wish in one hand and push mud in the other"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The teacher or lecturer is a danger. He very seldom recognizes his nature or his position. The lecturer is a man who must talk for an hour. France may have possibly acquired the intellectual leadership or Europe when their academic period was cut down to 40 minutes. I also have lectured. The lecturer's first problem is to have enough words to fill 40 or 60 minutes. The professor is paid for his time, his results are almost impossible to estimate....No teacher has ever failed from ignorance. That is empiric professional knowledge. Teachers fail because they cannot "handle the class." Real education must ultimately be limited to men who INSIST on knowing, the rest is mere sheep herding.
-Ezra Pound </div></div>

Wow Ezra Pound nice.

Look, we can sit here and debate manufacturers and types of glass for hours or we can enjoy this beer. Here's the thing: I can kill a motherfucker with anything.
-GySgt N. U.S. Marine Scout Sniper

congressmen are like diapers....
they need to be changed often and for the same reason.....

couldn't say "shit" if he had a mouth full of it

- describes someone who doesn't talk much

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">couldn't say "shit" if he had a mouth full of it

- describes someone who doesn't talk much </div></div>

Whoever it describes, it ain't you.

Good to hear from you, CKA!

I don't need no teenage queen....I just need my M-14....Sa-ound off