• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is YOUR favorite trigger?

SamichWayne

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2017
Terry, Mississippi
I have a 2 stage trigger on one of my rifles(the brand is not coming to me at the moment). Its a very nice trigger, I just think I'm not gonna be able to get down with the 2 stage for much longer. My other rifle has a Jewell and I absolutely love it. I know, I know, if it ain't broke don't fix it. But, if you don't try new things, you never know if you are missing out on something.

So, what is your favorite trigger to use? And why? I would like to keep this discussion Rem 700 clone based if possible, at least bolt gun based.

Thanks!

Rifle Basix LV1K I prefer for dirty field and hunting use. Always seems to work.

I also have jewel but a few times issue or two with the safety especially in the cold -35f and in dirt. Very frustrating at times.

All my recent trigger purchases are for America's favorite rifle.

good luck

Reactions: SamichWayne
I have a 2 stage trigger on one of my rifles(the brand is not coming to me at the moment). Its a very nice trigger, I just think I'm not gonna be able to get down with the 2 stage for much longer. My other rifle has a Jewell and I absolutely love it. I know, I know, if it ain't broke don't fix it. But, if you don't try new things, you never know if you are missing out on something.

So, what is your favorite trigger to use? And why? I would like to keep this discussion Rem 700 clone based if possible, at least bolt gun based.

Thanks!

TriggerTech diamond is my favorite. Extremely clean breaking trigger and the adjustments are very simple.

The majority of people here use a TT and mainly a diamond. Or they have an AI.

No one can tell you what's gonna feel best for you. I dislike jewell. But the TT diamond I like. Though I prefer a 2 stage to both

Go feel a bunch at matches and decide. Or just buy a TT Diamond and youll automatically be on the cool kids club

All time favorite Trigger
6d975bfa48993088e354f7385a951b98.jpg

Trigger tech specials for me in everything. Probably because I haven’t tried a diamond yet.

I've had a Jewell, Tubb T7T, Timneys, and currently use TT diamonds. I'm really liking the TT the last few years but I also thought the T7T was the shit when I was using it. Most properly adjusted triggers will be good and IMO be hard to tell the difference from one to the other but adjustability and how they handle dirt is what separates them.

I was really checking out the TT Diamond because of a lot of praise I have seen for it, but I wondered if it was praised just because its kind of the tremdy thing to do, I know where one is in a rifle, just havent had the chance to go shoot with him yet.

But I appreciate all of your replies and will be looking into the models yall mentioned. May be only checking them out on the interwebs for now, but I’ll also see if I can find them to try in person!

I was really checking out the TT Diamond because of a lot of praise I have seen for it, but I wondered if it was praised just because its kind of the tremdy thing to do, I know where one is in a rifle, just havent had the chance to go shoot with him yet.

But I appreciate all of your replies and will be looking into the models yall mentioned. May be only checking them out on the interwebs for now, but I’ll also see if I can find them to try in person!
I’ve shot a few TT
The break is pretty awesome but I don’t like the hard wall after.
That’s just personal preference.
I’m sure I could probably shoot just as well with one as my Huber.

The Jewell was my favorite but have sold them and switched to TT Special with the flat shoe.
I wasn't sure the flat shoe would be an annoyance or benefit until I actually used one, for my hand size and grip position the protruding edge on the bottom of the trigger I use to index to the bottom edge of my trigger finger and it just feels natural for me.
Seems to be a love it or hate it relationship with the flat triggers.
I went with the special because I prefer my triggers set between 1-1.5lbs otherwise I would have chose the diamond.

I've also wondered whether or not I would like a flat shoe trigger. I've never had the opportunity to feel one on anything except for on a Glock pistol. I wasn't mad at it, but it wasn't my favorite. But I''m aware thats a totally different ballgame.

TT Diamond Flat Shoe at 3.8oz according to my Wheeler digital pull gauge...which might not be the most accurate. I'll get a TT Diamond 2 stage when it comes out and test that....never thought I'd like a single stage...but so far...really like it...and it has passed all my drop/slam safe tests.

Trigger Tech Diamond for Remington based rifles and Geissele National Match for AR’s. I do think it would be cool if Geissele did something like the timney Calvin elite customs with the adjustable and changing trigger shoes.

Swapped from a TT to a BnA Tacsport 2 stage and that was one of the best gear related decisions I've made in this sport.

The BnA tacsport triggers are awesome, there's some clever features to them that other triggers lack.

I've had timney ce, jewell, huber, b&a tac sport, and now a tt diamond.

They are all pretty good. I think b&a may be the best feel though. Not a giant difference between any of them if they are adjusted right. All feel different though. The timney has been my least favorite

I've had timney ce, jewell, huber, b&a tac sport, and now a tt diamond.

They are all pretty good. I think b&a may be the best feel though. Not a giant difference between any of them if they are adjusted right. All feel different though. The timney has been my least favorite

I think you are right. I don't think there will be a huge difference between any of them. But while I'm researching triggers, if there is more of a favorite among other shooters, I'd like to look at that one a little more than others. Or if there is one that I need to absolutely stay away from, I'd like to know that too. LOL

Jewel is my first choice, followed by TT Diamond flat. A 10 ounce Jewel feels like a 4 ounce TT diamond for some reason - I guess the width of the shoe. I've actually thought about taking a dremel to one of my pro curved TT Diamonds to narrow the shoe.

I have had a few trigger issues with Jewels in the past, but since I sent them in to Speedy Gonzales and had them polished they have been great. I know of several TT Diamonds that have gone down as well FWIW.

With the BnA, you can change the trigger shoe. They offer 4 or 5 different styles, and they're super easy to swap.

Have a Triggertech Special on my MPA comp rifle and I love it, though i was not sure i would get along with the flat trigger shoe, but got used to it real easy. Better in many ways than a round shoe, but everyone will have their own preferences here. So pick what you like.

Have not tried the TT Diamond, but hear only good things about it.

What do you intend to do with the rifle, and what kind of rifle and what caliber is it? I realize everybody has their own preferences, and that is a good thing, but personally i would put the best 4 ounce trigger money can buy on a 1000 yard bench rifle (a heavy gun shot from a rest), put a super clean and crisp 1 pound trigger on any gun used in any run-and-gun event (or any rifle normally shot from a bipod), and a crisp 2 pound trigger on a hunting rifle. Sticks and stones can make a very light trigger on a hunting rig a bit problematic...

BTW: Asked my gunsmith to polish and tune the (very average) trigger on my accurate but cheap-as-mud Howa 1500 30-06 hunting rifle, and it came back feeling superb, breaks at a constant 1.8 pounds now, with zero creep, as best i can tell. Best $90 i ever spent.... My point being that buying a superbly engineered $400 trigger is not the only option out there.... There are fairly big price differences between these options. Pick based on your intended use...

Last edited:
Have a Triggertech Special on my MPA comp rifle and I love it, though i was not sure i would get along with the flat trigger shoe, but got used to it real easy. Better in many ways than a round shoe, but everyone will have their own preferences here. So pick what you like.

Have not tried the TT Diamond, but hear only good things about it.

What do you intend to do with the rifle, and what kind of rifle and what caliber is it? I realize everybody has their own preferences, and that is a good thing, but personally i would put the best 4 ounce trigger money can buy on a 1000 yard bench rifle (a heavy gun shot from a rest), put a super clean and crisp 1 pound trigger on any gun used in any run-and-gun event (or any rifle normally shot from a bipod), and a crisp 2 pound trigger on a hunting rifle. Sticks and stones can make a very light trigger on a hunting rig a bit problematic...

BTW: Asked my gunsmith to polish and tune the (very average) trigger on my accurate but cheap-as-mud Howa 1500 30-06 hunting rifle, and it came back feeling superb, breaks at a constant 1.8 pounds now, with zero creep. Best $90 i ever spent.... My point being that buying a superbly engineered $400 trigger is not the only option out there.... There are fairly big price differences between these options. Pick based on your intended use...

Rifles/Uses:

6.5x47 24"
Stiller Tac30, Jewell(8oz)
PRS wannabe, i plan to shot some small matches this year coming up, I don't have the money to run all over the country. So i wont ever be "serious" in it.

223 20"
Defiance Tenacity, CG Extreme(currently, dunno the weight honestly, its light)
this rifle is still new to me, I intentionally put this rifle together relatively small and light.
It will see a lot of truck miles and shots made out the window. Along with some PRS style training.

I've always hated trigger "creep" and while I know that's not what the CG is doing, but it still feels almost the same to me in my book. Just the fact that it has to move before it breaks, I guess. But my wife really likes it and several other people that I shoot with seem to really like the 2 stage stuff so I decided to give it a try. IF I change the trigger, I will most likely buy another to swap back and forth in between for my wife to be able to use the 2 stage.

Yeah, people either love or hate two stage triggers, I grew up with single stage triggers, and that is what i am sticking with!

That Jewell trigger on your PRS rifle should do just fine. Yes they can be problematic in the dirt, but few PRS matches really make you leopard crawl through the sand... We don’t use them much in Namibia because it is a (semi) desert country and the very fine dust get in everywhere... [Even expensive Nikon and Canon SLR camera lenses will fail within 2 days in the Namib dunes.]

If you don’t like the CG, change it out. TriggerTech is a good option. Even a superbly accurate rifle with a trigger that makes you uncomfortable turns it into a disappointment.... It is more about compatibility (with the human trigger puller), than mechanical aspects of the trigger... I hate creep in a trigger, but i know a guy that gets paid to cull 400 springbuck in one weekend, with a team of 4, and he uses a cheap Ruger 223, all head and neck shots, many times having to shoot them on the trot. His factory Ruger trigger feels terrible to me, but he can routinely shoot 0.3” groups with that rifle. He just got used to it! He says he knows exactly when it breaks, and “preloads” the trigger by moving it through the creep zone, and then he has a hair trigger to work with... He changes barrels twice a year, so lots of practice...

" I would like to keep this discussion Rem 700 clone based if possible..." Sorry, I don't have a bolt gun (yet) but if the Trigger Tech adjustments, build (I'm sure they are), and specs regarding over travel, re-set, etc. are the same as the AR Diamond the Trigger Tech should be fantastic! I have two (One curved and one flat) and I think they are excellent! I'll shut up now.

Last edited:
This Gunwerks article correctly defines “creep”, and has some relevant graphs showing the exact amount of actual trigger movement it took to break the trigger once it reached the required force level. They tested a TriggerTech Special, and creep was “between 2 and 3 thousands of an inch”, which is tiny, and usually less than the brain can detect (because the compression in the pad of your finger is
a bit more). Other two triggers tested (not identified) needed 10 thou and 21 thou of movement to break. So the best alternative they tested needed 4x more movement of the shoe, the worst needed 10x more movement. The 21 thou movement/creep is a LOT, and will be easily detectable, and very bothersome.

More important is the safe and reliable functioning of the trigger under adverse field conditions, and trigger pull force remained largely unaffected and the triggertech functioned reliably after intentional dust ingress. The other two stopped working.... Link below.

I really do think TriggerTech has moved the game forward significantly....

Last edited:
Got my first TT this year and didn't think I would be able to notice much of a difference. But this will now be my go to on all my rifles.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Triggertech Diamond and AI factory.

Coincidentally they are also the only two triggers I haven’t been able to break or fail a drop test.

Agree, love whatever Trigger Tech is in my TWolf...best trigger I have ever used.
I’ve got one primary TT. I bought It when they first came out. Took for ever to get it from Canada! It’s on my first “precision” rifle. An aac-sd in 308. Got 2 specials, And now 2 diamonds. Love them. All flat. Had a Calvin elite I sold to my brother. He got a hell of a deal!

Reactions: nn8734
Single stage? No brainer, the TriggerTech Diamond.

Two stage? CG Xtreme-22. I LOVE that it is completely user adjustable for literally everything. It feel identical to my Anschutz and Feinwerkbau triggers.

This Gunwerks article correctly defines “creep”, and has some relevant graphs showing the exact amount of actual trigger movement it took to break the trigger once it reached the required force level. They tested a TriggerTech Special, and creep was “between 2 and 3 thousands of an inch”, which is tiny, and usually less than the brain can detect (because the compression in the pad of your finger is
a bit more). Other two triggers tested (not identified) needed 10 thou and 21 thou of movement to break. So the best alternative they tested needed 4x more movement of the shoe, the worst needed 10x more movement. The 21 thou movement/creep is a LOT, and will be easily detectable, and very bothersome.

More important is the safe and reliable functioning of the trigger under adverse field conditions, and trigger pull force remained largely unaffected and the triggertech functioned reliably after intentional dust ingress. The other two stopped working.... Link below.

I really do think TriggerTech has moved the game forward significantly....

Thank you for the link! I’ll for sure be reading that.