• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is your ideal shooting range ?

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
so guys when you join a range what r some of the must haves ? Mine r hanging targets / some type of deck/also a board at 100yds to check your zero/ a lane dedicated from 200yds to 1k when i say dedicated i mean close to the exact yardages so you can really get your dope real close and calibrate your mv. other targets at UKD is fine.

Last edited:
My type of range
7F29202B-97C0-4F19-AD1E-9CE192B684B2.jpeg

The neighboring range is pretty good too.
74B4B15B-F2CE-4B3C-A4A4-9C5FD7747C25.jpeg

I was a ROMAD. I don't like your position. All I need is a PRC, protractor, compass, stop watch, and map.

Reactions: lash
At my south Texas ranch or deer lease (meaning private land) with a huge ass clear sendero out to 1400 ish yards or so... I can set up any target I want anywhere I want.

Reactions: deersniper
For long distance shooting I have a private range I goto that checks all of your boxes. I would like to find a range for more than just PRS. I would like to be able to run and gun with a carbine and pistol to practice some.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
For long distance shooting I have a private range I goto that checks all of your boxes. I would like to find a range for more than just PRS. I would like to be able to run and gun with a carbine and pistol to practice some.

They actually allow that at JTAC.

It's an extra $20 per month but you get unlimited use of everything at the $85.00 rate.

This was a pic where I was flexing with the new axsr 😂, but this range has a lot of what I like in a range. Lots of ukd steel, and out to a mile. Nice views. There are some vehicles in there with targets as well. Switchy wind, at least the other day.

20210528_123709.jpg

For anyone looking to build/buy "range land," there's some inspiration here:

Dan, we could make a quick drive out to Idaho and shoot as far as we want. And, the chucks are up for about the next 6-8 weeks...
Well, the mountain chucks are.
The ones in the lava fields will go down before mid July

Reactions: Ravenworks
Ooookkkakaaay. How many hours is this? I just think we'd eat up the days I could get free driving vs flying By the time we got there have to turn around and head back!

My ideal range has no RO and no fudds. Why yes I happen to be a member of just such a range.

Reactions: deersniper
One that is no where near any of my neighbors and on which I can shoot to my heart's content without being SWATed by any of them. :mad:

As for the characteristics themselves, for a while I was content with a 25-50yd short range for pistols, a 100 yd section for my ARs, but now that I'm into long range shooting, I'm going to have to figure out how to do 500-1000yds in a similar venue.

No heated and ventilated indoor shooting range for winter = poors.

Reactions: sam4886
Any range that's not a public range is a winner in my book. I swear anytime I have no choice but to go to a public range, there must be a secret APB that goes out to all the retards in my area who are gun owners and they have to show up where I'm shooting. 🙄

I was just thinking, since we’ll eclipse 90 deg today, shooting in 30 is much nicer!
Man, it is brutal. This may be the hottest day we get this year. And now we have lightning. If I wanted to live in Florida, I would have moved there.

Gotta figure out where to set up but my Great Granfather bought 5000 acres (well, 15000 but 10K was sold off during the Great Depression) in the 1920s. Fenced all the way around and family only on the property. The old fire roads might work...
MyRange.PNG

The roads mark the property boundaries.

Gotta figure out where to set up but my Great Granfather bought 5000 acres (well, 15000 but 10K was sold off during the Great Depression) in the 1920s. Fenced all the way around and family only on the property. The old fire roads might work...
View attachment 7639827
The roads mark the property boundaries.

If I may ask, just out of curiosity, what are the annual property taxes for that land parcel?

Reactions: nikonNUT