• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is your preferred scope level?

Gaaaah! “Level” or “cant” threads are to me like a flame to a moth.

“Cant”…stop…reading…fucking…levels… 🔥 iiiiieeee!

How do you know if your level is level? :)
This looks like tongue in cheek, but in case anyone's wondering a carpenter's level is very easy to check. It should always agree with itself.

Take 4 tapered shims. Put two opposing shims under each end of the level on a flat-ish table or bench and adjust them until the bubble is perfectly centered. You can easily see 1/16" out of level with a good 6' level. Pick it up, spin it end for end, and recheck. It should still be perfectly centered.

Carpenter's levels get a bad rap on here, but good ones are very good. The Stabila's I use resolve .03°, which is 1/32” over 6'. The trick is finding someone who cares enough to read it carefully.

Reactions: NewsShooter
My level came with the scope.
Never used one before.
I think it's helped me improve my posture for prone since my operations.
Certainly don't use it all the time for ferals.
Not going to waste time checking a bubble when Mr Fox has shown himself.

If you use a Send-It and mount it ahead of the elevation adjustment, and shoot with both eyes open, you'll see the blue/green or red dot in the bottom of the scope image. It's also very useful in ensuring a scope base is level when mounting a scope.

Reactions: Crosswind