• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What kind of SMG use snipers or DMR as sidearm or CQB?

DutchGunCollector

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2020
The Netherlands
I would like your help with a question.

I am a weapons collector from the Netherlands and I collect snipers and long range weapon and DMR weapons. I have a decent collection but I'm looking for information:

Who can tell me which SubMachine Guns snipers use for backup and CQB?

I have an MP5 in my collection myself but was curious which unit uses it as a Sidearm or Submachine gun outside the sniper rifle. (I already have pictures of a unit from Australia.

I want to use this for a book. So if you got some photos that would be perfect. :love:

I really hope you guys can help me. :)

I think snipers with smgs sound really dumb. Akin to plate carriers and ghille suits. They don't really go together.

Some m4/mk18 rifle would be my guess. Mk25 sig.

Not being an operator, I can only speculate. If you are on a 2 way range as sniper and you find yourself needing to use a smg much less a handgun you've probably made quite a number of compounding bad decisions.

Lots of good info here:

MP-5, Swedish-K, Skorpion, Sterling, suppressed Sten, Welrod, CZ75, P38... depends on the era. And the unit. And the nationality. And the mission.

Sirhr

Lots of good info here:

MP-5, Swedish-K, Skorpion, Sterling, suppressed Sten, Welrod, CZ75, P38... depends on the era. And the unit. And the nationality. And the mission.

Sirhr
Perfect!😍

Perfect! Maby some photos?😁
If you buy lowlight’s book, there are photos in it, too.

Sirhr

If you buy lowlight’s book, there are photos in it, too.

Sirhr

:)Would you please please share some pictures of it with an SMG and sniper? Just an picture is oké.
No. Not a chance.

First off, that would be a copyright violation.

Second, not going to cost our HMFIC @lowlight book sales by stealing his content and posting it here.

Third, historical/book research involves using (and often buying) books for that research. Not getting internet folks to post it.

You have got some great leads here. And I am sure more info will continue to flow in. But do do your book research the proper way. And don’t forget proper citations of this thread when doing your bibliography and end notes.

Sirhr

No. Not a chance.

First off, that would be a copyright violation.

Second, not going to cost our HMFIC @lowlight book sales by stealing his content and posting it here.

Third, historical/book research involves using (and often buying) books for that research. Not getting internet folks to post it.

You have got some great leads here. And I am sure more info will continue to flow in. But do do your book research the proper way. And don’t forget proper citations of this thread when doing your bibliography and end notes.

Sirhr
100% True :) I just buy it today by Amazon :) Thanks!!!

Here is a pretty good starting bibliography.

As long as you are on Amazon.... everything to the Left of Deep Black.

My friend Martin Pegler’s book is highly-recommended. For modern operational doctrine info Coughlins book is excellent. And McBride “A Rifleman went to War” is must read from a foundational sense.

D5F9764C-293E-46DE-B12B-00AAC14085C8.jpeg
9EF67EFB-DDFE-4619-ABAA-D4672281D8FE.jpeg
43F64AB0-4019-4495-8CD4-263926177688.jpeg
F7710401-F718-4379-84FE-B790D8E3C941.jpeg

Don’t forget to cite SH under research assistants.

Sirhr

Here is a pretty good starting bibliography.

As long as you are on Amazon.... everything to the Left of Deep Black.

My friend Martin Pegler’s book is highly-recommended. For modern operational doctrine info Coughlins book is excellent. And McBride “A Rifleman went to War” is must read from a foundational sense.

View attachment 7508718View attachment 7508719View attachment 7508720View attachment 7508721

Don’t forget to cite SH under research assistants.

Sirhr
PERFECT INFO! Thanks!:love:

Hi,

So you are "writing a book" but are wanting other people and books pictures....
I do not see that working out to well for you IF you are going through any legitimate publishing company.

Sincerely,
Theis
I just need info, not specially for an book, but to get many many information.

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04 and Dewey7271
The squabbles over sun glasses......
Like a gaggle of geese, fighting over a loaf of bread.
No one around, till a new "shiny thing"
appears.
And men complain about women and shoes.....🙄🤣

• Haha
Reactions: MarinePMI
Whats your book called? Can snipershide members get 1st dibs on ordering?