• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What kinda recticle is this???????

btc624

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
pennsylvania
This was posted on pafoa website asking what kind of recticle this is. The scope is a leupold and when leupold was contacted they didnt know and said it might be used to measure trees, anyone know for sure what this is or even seen this before????? ok posted a bigger pic sorry bout that.

recticle.jpg

Re: What kinda recticle is this???????

is it a scope or a spotting scope or some type of optic used for surveying

Yeah JRose, but the lack of blinking lights means it must be a Chinese Berenger knock-off LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggarrett1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah JRose, but the lack of blinking lights means it must be a Chinese Berenger knock-off LOL! </div></div>

They're in there, he just has them turned off for the pic...

Don't be so quick to call this a knock-off... That's a TB original, I can tell...

found out the forestry dept uses this to measure the stem diameter of trees. and I thought it was some weird military recticle

Where did you locate that info? I am interested in what/how exactly they are measuring with that device. Curious.

Its for DBH conversions to board foot, mainly used for crusing large tracts.

thats a TB scope,
i dont care what anybody says ! !
look close youll find his i d #

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its for DBH conversions to board foot, mainly used for crusing large tracts.</div></div>

What's it called and how does it work?

I thought a recticle was used to measure rectums. Is that 1 of them??

BTC, I'm curious, why post this here when you already knew the answer? I'm one of the people that helped solve that riddle on PAFOA. That thread was already discusses and mostly figured out a month and a half ago. I'm the one that contacted Leupold, and that's when Garth told me that Leupold made some reticle for the Forrest service, but that he didn't know for sure if this was one of those scopes. I'm not trying to bust your balls, just wondering why you posted it up here in the form of a question when you already knew the answer. Why not post it up as "have you ever seen a reticle like this?" and then tell everyone what it is. For those interested in the original thread let me know, I'll give you a link. I edited so I"m not cross posting. For those curious about how it works, just click the link that the OP listed further down, the PDF shows a bit more about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat088</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTC, I'm curious, why post this here when you already knew the answer?</div></div>

Because when he posted he DIDN'T know the answer.

He then FOUND the answer and was kind enough to share it with us since he piqued our interest with this item.

His original post was at 9:41 AM.

He posted the answer at 1:17 PM.

Your exactly right Lonewolf, when i posted this I didnt know the answer, heres ah feather for your cap tomcatt for finding the answer the credit is all yours!!!!