• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars What Knife is in your pocket right now?

Not in my pocket, but on my belt - Shivworks Clinch Pick.

As I took this pic I remembered a story. Someone asked me to peel an apple. I pulled out my knife and went to town and noticed my blade was quite dirty. I didn’t say anything about it but started thinking what the hell was I doing last. It came to me that I had shown my nephew how to skin and gut a squirrel! Lol. I finished peeling the apple and handed it back.

Attachments

• 1FFE1714-16EC-42F9-B760-973438074A53.jpeg
    1FFE1714-16EC-42F9-B760-973438074A53.jpeg
    421.7 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Al Mar Eagle talon with a blade made out of 1095 steel. I knew Al Mar well, and he gave me the knife decades ago, and when the original blade wore out, I was told that getting a replacement blade was impossible because they were using a different manufacturer in Japan, than was used when my knife was made. So, I took the knife apart, and made a blade myself out of a piece of 1095. The new blade is hollow ground, with a thumb stud, and has more belly to the blade than the original blade. I thought that a blade with more belly interesting as I have other Al Mar Eagle talon knives, so I reasoned that a different blade shape might prove more useful. So far, I'm happy with the decision. The knife has green micarta scales, and currently the company has black micarta scales on the knives.

I love that blade shape because it is a very slim knife that easily sits next to my wallet without feeling like there is a big wad of stuff in my pocket.

Al Mar Eagle talon with a blade made out of 1095 steel. I knew Al Mar well, and he gave me the knife decades ago, and when the original blade wore out, I was told that getting a replacement blade was impossible because they were using a different manufacturer in Japan, than was used when my knife was made. So, I took the knife apart, and made a blade myself out of a piece of 1095. The new blade is hollow ground, with a thumb stud, and has more belly to the blade than the original blade. I thought that a blade with more belly interesting as I have other Al Mar Eagle talon knives, so I reasoned that a different blade shape might prove more useful. So far, I'm happy with the decision. The knife has green micarta scales, and currently the company has black micarta scales on the knives.

I love that blade shape because it is a very slim knife that easily sits next to my wallet without feeling like there is a big wad of stuff in my pocket.
Nice, I'd like to see a picture some time.

Reactions: Unknown
Zero Tolerance Sinkevich 0462. Always carried Spyderco until I got this ZT. Best flipper I’ve ever owned and holds an amazing edge. Im a ZT customer for life now.

Attachments

• 87E3002E-0F21-49AA-8540-96C9E5046E1C.jpeg
    87E3002E-0F21-49AA-8540-96C9E5046E1C.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: BigTex
Tonight's Christmas Eve carry is a Hinderer XM18 3.5" no choil in M390 with a CF scale that has been reground to actually cut.

Attachments

• 20181224_190902.jpg
    20181224_190902.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Sixfivesavage
This:

opplanet-schrade-scha6-magic-blk-alum-handle-blk-comboedge-scha6lbs-main.jpg

It's one tough bugger too. That is why one has always ridden with me for the past 4 years and I got a few more in my desk gun drawer. Unlike other linerlocks, the mechanism on this one is built like a tank. I am sure this one can handle the same amount of CQB as a fixed blade.

Last edited:
As I took this pic I remembered a story. Someone asked me to peel an apple. I pulled out my knife and went to town and noticed my blade was quite dirty. I didn’t say anything about it but started thinking what the hell was I doing last. It came to me that I had shown my nephew how to skin and gut a squirrel! Lol. I finished peeling the apple and handed it back.

That is why I always carry multiple types of cutting utensils for different purposes. My EDC combat/defense blade is always well oiled and not used for anything except...emergencies. In other words, it is not deployed except for routine cleaning and oiling.

For other things I got cheap Home Depot utility razors. One for shrink wrap and case straps, since I work in the shipping industry. The other for food packaging ONLY. Nothing else. That way I am not going to use a warehouse blade to cut open a pack of beef jerkies.

Bought a really nice Jared Oeser folder once, but it was so nice (and spendy) that I couldn't bring myself to carry it in my pocket and get it dinged up. So, sold that off.
To be more practical, I use one of two knives for every day carry.
1. For utility, a Benchmade mini griptilian
2. For a nice mini fixed blade, a Bark River PSK with desert ironwood burl handles in a custom made leather sheath.

Last edited:
I'm wearing running shorts at the moment, so nothing in pocket.

For my daily use, I have an Emerson Bulldog in my backpack, and a Benchmade Triage in my truck.

Benchmade 940-1 in S90V... The steel is stupid hard. Tough to sharpen, and never gets as razor sharp as some other steels, but it holds a good edge a LONG time. Only thing that will really cut it is a diamond stone.

I just love how light and slim it is... With a deep carry clip, it disappears in a pocket better than anything I've ever carried before.

I carry a Benchmade Presidio every day.

Which model? I like the Presidio line. I have a 520 and 570. My next purchase might be a 575 because it's a little closer in size to the original. I regret not getting a 525 when they stopped production. They're hard to find now, for a good price.

I have lots of different stuff but today its the Kershaw Blur. Best bang for the buck and i do not care what I do to it or if i loose it. When i take the boat to the beach i carry in my my board shorts. Last summer it fell out of my one pair of shorts that have shitting pockets. It was in the sand for 6 hours and I walked around shuffling in the sand before I left for the day and found it again:cool:

ZT630CF in m390

Attachments

• 633810D3-A37D-4FD9-A91E-7F58B4B6659F.jpeg
    633810D3-A37D-4FD9-A91E-7F58B4B6659F.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: thedude824
I’ve got a bench made 707 mchenry sequel, it’s discontinued now and I’ve also got a fixed blade benchmade canyon hunter as well, sometimes a sog or kershaw just depends, when I go out to rigs I usually carry something other than a benchmade as I’ve lost a few knives before

Anyone ever use the Proelia? I love mine. D2 goodness!!!

I really like the ergonomics of the Emerson Commanders. The one with the flag is a limited edition Blue Line with titanium locker that was offered a couple of years ago. The OD case is their Jungle model.
These are the smallest versions, still pretty big to carry in common pockets. I keep one in my back pack but otherwise tactical pant pocket size required
for comfort carry.
IMG_6046 copy.JPG
IMG_4582 copy.JPG

I really like the ergonomics of the Emerson Commanders. The one with the flag is a limited edition Blue Line with titanium locker that was offered a couple of years ago.
These are the smallest versions, still pretty big to carry in common pockets. I keep one in my back pack but otherwise tactical pant pocket size required
for comfort carry.View attachment 7016231View attachment 7016234

I like P7”s, very ?

I keep my Mercator K55K in my wallet because it's slim like a pancake. I guess any Douk-Douk- like knife is a great choice if this is a strong factor. You have to like the retro-look though.

Was a Benchmade Arcane but the blade was constantly chipping on casual cuts (like cardboard) SV90 blade. Got a Viper Storm now has M390 blade.

I just picked up the Tops Quickie Karambit

Nice! Karambits are cool. I picked a Schwartz Tactical Vengence last year. At SHOT last month I handled the CRKT Provoke (which I first saw when the designer was doing a Kickstarter). Neat but the move to stow the blade wasn’t intuitive.