• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars What Knife is in your pocket right now?

Knfie.jpg

Reactions: Lesch
View attachment 7227401ics
[/QUOTE]
More info. please. His website does not provide much info. Does he make his own Damascus? Have you used yours enough to come to a conclusion regarding it's edge holding characteristics. Does the edge renew easily in the field? The designs and detail work look impressive.

More info. please. His website does not provide much info. Does he make his own Damascus? Have you used yours enough to come to a conclusion regarding it's edge holding characteristics. Does the edge renew easily in the field? The designs and detail work look impressive.
[/QUOTE]
I’ve had this knife for 5 years. I purchased 3 of them for a good friend, brother-in-law and myself. I used mine to skin 8 deer this year alone and it performs as I expect for a skinning knife.
I use it for some deboning of the deer, but primarily as a skinner. Edge retention has been very good, but I always have a steel with me once I get to work and it’s habit to give all my knives a few runs across steel while processing my game.
The other two knives have received their fair share of use as well and without complaint.
I purchased one other knife in 2007 from Pauza and gave it to my son after I used it for 6 years or so. I was quite happy with that blade as well. I don’t know if he makes his Damascus in house or not.

I intend to have him make a stainless steel Damascus fillet knife in the near future. He’s been great to work with and I think his prices are fair for the craftsmanship he’s delivered.

I have the Benchmade Bugout in all black...It is really lightweight and the S30v steel holds an edge really well. Looking to upgrade the scales soon

Ka-Bar Dozier folder been brutalized but heck just won't die

Dressed up the Microtech Dirac today in a Cerakote Damascus pattern. I’m going to try this one in place of the UTX85.

Attachments

• C103AE85-0A66-4AF0-A5E4-76439DDD7385.jpeg
    C103AE85-0A66-4AF0-A5E4-76439DDD7385.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 2B96B757-AF7E-49DC-93E4-6A1FBCA8B811.jpeg
    2B96B757-AF7E-49DC-93E4-6A1FBCA8B811.jpeg
    579.8 KB · Views: 48
  • D3F0B963-23AA-42B5-AF08-5AA0DFC334C1.jpeg
    D3F0B963-23AA-42B5-AF08-5AA0DFC334C1.jpeg
    551.6 KB · Views: 52
  • F27B95EF-B553-4279-84CA-1CFC425AABA9.jpeg
    F27B95EF-B553-4279-84CA-1CFC425AABA9.jpeg
    557.3 KB · Views: 44
In my pocket right now is a no-name 3" automatic that I pretend is a Benchmade.

Carry whatever is laying around the closest for work, but have a few Hartsook knives and figured I’d shared a pic of this one. He started the style called the ODA about 26-27 years ago and refined it over the years and I’ve had 3 of the working ones.
then he did a one off in Damascus with giraffe bone handles and I had to have it.
prob one of the best looking knives I’ve ever seen.

9EB74F07-EDF9-4625-A90B-62C44B28CAEB.jpeg

Reactions: Milo 2.5
Kershaw Ken onion design assisted odg pretty new to me only a few months now but it's been a good EDC holds an edge pretty well for the abuse it sees can't recall the exact price around 40-50 dollars ball park acceptable for its performance

I still carry a knife my father gave me when I was 8 years old. It's a Tina 605 folding grafting knife. I have used this knife through the years and have grafted more than half a million trees with it. It's 55 years old, I carry it every day and it's in wonderful shape!

Reactions: Mr. Z
I still carry a knife my father gave me when I was 8 years old. It's a Tina 605 folding grafting knife. I have used this knife through the years and have grafted more than half a million trees with it. It's 55 years old, I carry it every day and it's in wonderful shape!

This caught my eye as being quality if it lasted 55 years...

Appears the knife still sells.

A great work knife.

Reactions: Mr. Z
Tonight, rare AL MAR Havana Clipper Auto...

Nice...

Even more rare (correct me if I'm wrong) an Al Mar custom SS fixed blade w/~6" blade and beautiful wood grips with brass rivets and Al Mar's stamp. Very classy looking, though I believe it is a fighting model I could be wrong. Leather holster can carry IWB or on the belt, no buckles. Don't have pictures at the moment but I understand Al Mar made this himself for a friend of mine who gifted it to me. Razor sharp, it's a nice knife and the current company doesn't make 'em like this anymore, or fixed blades at all for that matter. No idea the value but the intent is that I use it regardless so that's what's gonna happen.

Still toting this Gerber I got at the PX years ago. Little folder just sharpens up and holds an edge for bit and gets it done for now. Was gifted a very nice Spyderco w/micarta handles and "large" blade (not the little ones for sure) but gifted that to my buddy who had worn out his only knife, a Gerber he got from the unit like 18 years ago. Just trashed. So he was excited to get that but I think I let go a really nice knife, not sure what they go for but the larger micarta scaled Spyderco knives, I'm sure they're fairly costly.

Oh well, intent was they get used and he really needed one and I had a few already so no point being greedy... And they're all getting used.

Reactions: DetroitRearView
Correct sir - that is one fine and rare knife. AL was big on SOF shoots/comps; one of my recruits was a phenomenal pistol shooter and always did well...Al gave him a H Clipper and his favorite folder as prizes x 2 one set for his firearms instructor (me) so 2 very nice gifts years ago. The folder I used for day one but the Havana has remained pristine except for a few envelopes.

This is my Tina pocket knife that I have carried for the last 55 years. It is used and abused daily.

Blade looks well kept.

Like the wood. It would (no pun intended) keep my linseed oil habit going.

The same ZT 0801 ELMAX has been in my pocket for five years. Bought many replacements but always come back to this.

Correct sir - that is one fine and rare knife. AL was big on SOF shoots/comps; one of my recruits was a phenomenal pistol shooter and always did well...Al gave him a H Clipper and his favorite folder as prizes x 2 one set for his firearms instructor (me) so 2 very nice gifts years ago. The folder I used for day one but the Havana has remained pristine except for a few envelopes.

That's exactly where this knife came from, original owner knew Al Mar and he also placed 1st Law Enf. Team for an SOF challenge and it was engraved on the blade but I buffed that off and polished it up for use when he gave it to me. Apparently Al really wanted these knives used and was upset they weren't. He couldn't bring himself to use it but knew I would. Engrave it like a trophy and folks will treat it like a trophy! Well, I have no emotional attachment so I'll certainly use it but I know it's a nice knife so I'll take care of it too. Sharpened it back up after polishing and man, it'll certainly take an edge. It also looks nice and is comfortable to carry.

Edit: Just found out the model and it's a Tanken and apparently they go for $800-$1100+!!! Damn, I had no idea. I knew it was a nice knife but I had no idea he just gave me one of the nicest gifts I've ever received... I see why they sit in safes now.

Anyway, it's currently what I'm using and toting...

Last edited:
I should start a thread called "what knife was in your pocket until you became a dumbass and lost it"...

Ugggh. One Benchmade is laying somewhere in the cactus in TX and another is in some assholes pocket from a lost and found at a hotel. Nobody's fault but my own, but it still stings.

I should start a thread called "what knife was in your pocket until you became a dumbass and lost it"...

Ugggh. One Benchmade is laying somewhere in the cactus in TX and another is in some assholes pocket from a lost and found at a hotel. Nobody's fault but my own, but it still stings.
Had a running joke with my wife for years. She bought me a new pocket knife every birthday because, inevitably, at some point in the year I would lose mine. Went through like 5 knives the first few years we were together.
Currently carrying a Gerber Mini-Covert FAST. Cheap and easily replaced. Good enough for my typical use cutting baling twine and cardboard.

Benchmade Mini AFCK for many years. Used it as a elevator mechanic. It stood up to the punishment where most failed. Retired and decided to be legal here in Florida. Benchmade Mini Griptilian with the sheepsfoot and spiredco hole. Just under 3" blade. I am not as fast as the Mini AFCK but still new to it. Bought plenty of Mini AFCK before they were gone.

Was carrying my one off custom Benchmade 943 till some fucker stole it last week. Black and white ebony wood inlayed into carbon fiber scales with titanium clip.
B8680BAD-694F-42B5-9D43-3541CBADA283.jpeg

How did they steal it?
Was at a company event that required test driving cars. When we swapped drivers it got caught on the seat and pulled from my pocket and I didn’t realize it at first. One of my passengers had to of seen it and immediately grabbed it, otherwise the next driver would of sat on it. When the group was asked 15 minutes later, nobody saw nuthin.

We were on a private driving range and driver/passenger swaps were done at the same spot. So if it hit the ground, should of still been there unless same as above. I checked that too, and with the event personal. Contemplated calling the cops there on the spot, but out of the eight people, wasn’t going to just accuse everyone.

Picture from the event for better understanding. The only people in this area of the track were us, so not like anyone else could of walked in.

Attachments

• E6BBF140-0D9C-4612-9DC7-A978C69EFA8E.jpeg
    E6BBF140-0D9C-4612-9DC7-A978C69EFA8E.jpeg
    638.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Was at a company event that required test driving cars. When we swapped drivers it got caught on the seat and pulled from my pocket and I didn’t realize it at first. One of my passengers had to of seen it and immediately grabbed it, otherwise the next driver would of sat on it. When the group was asked 15 minutes later, nobody saw nuthin.

We were on a private driving range and driver/passenger swaps were done at the same spot. So if it hit the ground, should of still been there unless same as above. I checked that too, and with the event personal. Contemplated calling the cops there on the spot, but out of the eight people, wasn’t going to just accuse everyone.
Any chance that the clip caught on the seatbelt and it fel on the ground? I only ask because that happened to me twice with my emissary back when I had to wear a seat belt working for a former company.