• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What knife would you recommend

Re: What knife would you recommend

I own a plethora of knives. Many different sizes and price ranges. But the one I put in my back pocket every morning is my spiderco delica 4. I really like it for everyday carry. Slim, fast one handed deployment, light weight. Oddly, it's my only spiderco. Sounds like a good time for another.

I would recommend this Benchmade Swale for your application. It doesn't look threatening. But it is just as good a weapon as something more likely to be confiscated or get you in trouble because it looks evil instead of like something a gentlemen would carry.
http://www.benchmade.com/products/40001

Carried various Spydercos, but ever since I got myself an SnG a few years back I stopped breaking tips.

A Buck 112 would do you fine too.

SOG makes great products and you can get them without the assisted opening. Personally I carry the SOG Tac Auto (LE exception in TX
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jrp817</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I own a plethora of knives. Many different sizes and price ranges. But the one I put in my back pocket every morning is my spiderco delica 4. I really like it for everyday carry. Slim, fast one handed deployment, light weight. Oddly, it's my only spiderco. Sounds like a good time for another. </div></div>

I recently picked up one of these and haven't looked back. It is a joint venture with spyderco and Emerson knives so it has a quick deploy 'hook' on the blade and I think its the perfect sized knife for everyday use. I highly recommend this knife. Can be found on the (relatively) cheap on amazon.

I'm a huge fan of S30V blade steel. Kershaw is one of the few commercial companies who make them. Custom Makers like Strider use it pretty extensively. For a pocket knife, it's hard to do much better than S30V.

My pocket knives Knives (all S30v)
Kershaw BOA
Kershaw Avalanche
Zero Tolerance ZT300

You can remove the spring assist out of any of these for <span style="text-decoration: line-through">commie</span> NY compliance.......

I suggest
Mircotech Mini Socom
Stryder
Hard to go wrong with spyderco

I carry a small sebenza so I'm partial to that. If I could find a Hinderer and money was truly no consideration that would be my pocket.

Benchmade osborne. I have carried one for several years and love it.

Any benchmade with an axis lock will be faster than an assisted opener and will flick closed just as fast with just a little practice.

You can spend more but will have a real hard time getting more

I would recomend a benchmade griptillian for your first knife, or any benchmade knife with the axis lock, it is super fast, and not an assisted open.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gjantzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The CRKT Eros looks like a very fine EDC. Titanium handles, ken onion blade design, very small profile would disappear nicely in your pocket.
crkteros.jpg

cost is about $133 delivered.

I believe this is an assisted opener so it may not be an option for the OP (New York and all!) </div></div>

Actually if you like that knife the cheap Wallmart version is a kick ass deal and just as good of a knife. The Wallmart version is a flipper.