• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What LA 7mm?

Re: What LA 7mm?

i just build a 7/300 wsm on a rem700 LA. LOVE IT. 162 amax at 3200fps. Crunch the numbers=awesome.
Load is 68gr h1000. Cant wait to smack a WY speed goat this year.

284 Win. 162 AMAX at 3.210" OAL
Running 3050 fps

laugh.gif

Long action, non-magnum boltface.

280AI
Stiller Tac-300
26" Rock 5R 1 in 8.7 twist Varmint Contour
Pushing the 162 Amax at 3000fps, easy, could go faster, but do not see the point.

I thpught about rhe 284. Even bought dies and brass but eneded up doing the 7/300 wsm. So if anyone wants some 284 brass.......

Try the 7mm SAUM thats going to be my next build. I am like you about the bullets I am going to have to build something that will send those 190grs down range... I wish I wouldnt have sold my 7mm rem mag now.. but I guess its a good reason to get a 7 SAUM.. LOL

Forgive my ignorance but what kind of bolt do you have. I'm seeing suggestions with mag and standard bolt face. For standard bolt face I would go 280 or 280 AI. Very efficeint, good brass available. The 7wsm and 7RM are good rounds too for magnums.

You can always have your bolt face opened up if need be..

"7 WSM, 7 SAUM, 7/300 WSM, 7/300 RCM, 284 Win throated to run in a LA would be my suggestion."

To this list I would add the 7 Dakota. I don't own anything that has a belt.

Jeffvn