• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What low cost trigger for my low budget AR?

Rolltide

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2003
East Tennessee
www.rimfiretactical.com
I've searched several times looking for this, but couldn't find it. If I'm missing it, I'm sorry. I have picked up a few more ARs lately, mainly because they were cheaper than I could build. They seem to shoot fairly well, but I've got to do something with the triggers. All of my experience has been with Rock River triggers, but I wanted to see if there is a low cost one out there that anyone could recommend.

Both of these rifles are going to be used for informal plinking and general farm duties riding on the ATV, so I'm looking for something in the 3lb range that is crisp. I'm good with it being lighter, but I don't need it to be a match trigger either.

Thoughts?

Chris

Rock River match triggers. Very consistent. More like 4# though. And affordable. Look for them on sale.

ALG ACT period! Not 3# but you probably don't want a 3# single stage for the work you describe. If you want it that light look at the SD-E but it is a 2 stage. Much safer than a light single stage.

ALG ACT period! Not 3# but you probably don't want a 3# single stage for the work you describe. If you want it that light look at the SD-E but it is a 2 stage. Much safer than a light single stage for 3 times the ACT price.

Look at the JP 3lb spring kit, makes a 100% difference over the 8ln stock crud trigger.
I have them in 2 of my coyote rigs and the both break right at 3llbs...cost about $11 ea.

ALG ACT is your best bet. To lighten it up even more I've heard a lot of people run it successfully with the JP reduced power springs (yellow). I've got the Spikes battle trigger (NiB coated) and am about to put in a set of those springs to see if it can help mine out. The springs that came with my trigger are heavy.