• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing what mag system?? rem 700 6BR??

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
What would be the best magazine system for a remington 700 short action, if i were to chamber the barrel for a 6br?? I didnt know if one type would work a little better than another? thanks Lee

Re: what mag system?? rem 700 6BR??

Check this link out

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek032.html

He even talks about modifying the magazines to feed the 6br. However, as a rule, short, fat cases, with minimum body taper feed poorly from a magazine. At the very least, look into a modified extractor to aid in any known feeding issues.

Josh

I have 338 BR feeding out of an old HS precision 10 shot pretty nicely, otherwise the "Mike Bryant mod" is the way to go. It works well with the 30 BR and 22 BRX cases on one of my switch barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AKA-Spook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 338 BR feeding out of an old HS precision 10 shot pretty nicely, otherwise the "Mike Bryant mod" is the way to go. It works well with the 30 BR and 22 BRX cases on one of my switch barrels. </div></div>

Do you have any pictures or additional details? I just happen to have one of those HS Precision 10-shot setups laying around, and I think I'd like my 22BR even more as a repeater.