• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Magnum Has the Best Barrel Life?

Ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves. Scarred him away on his first day.

If this wasn't 4 years old I'd ask who guarantees sub half MOA barrels? I mean if it shoots .49 then 100 rounds later its .51 is it time to rebarrel?

Haven't read the whole thread but.....

Barrels are consumables. It's a fact you cannot change.

Just saying magnum calibers is pretty open ended question wise. Need to get more specific. Belted magnum? Not belted magnum? Long cases like a guy taking a 300 Norma and necking it down to a 6.5mm or a short type case like 26 Nosler? All of these can be considered a magnum round.

Also what is the purpose of the rifle? Hunting rifle? Long range match rifle in F Class etc.... rate of fire is also going to be a factor in all of this.

Also you can say a 308win is not a magnum round but take that same case and neck it down to 6.5mm or 6mm etc... by reducing the bore size you just turned it into a magnum round.

Longest bbl life?
This one
It will out live you:p
gun bent bbl.jpg

I have 3 Savage bolt actions, in .308, 223, and just purchased one in 6.5 creedmore. all are set up for local competition, 300-600yards, My question is what calibers, given it's a long action and the size of the bolt face? I've been mostly a pistol shooter for the past 35 years so bear with me while I learn.