• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What music do you secretly enjoy when you’re alone?

I dont hide Any of it.

But mix between Hank III, Chopin, old time bluegrass, Christian, old country, classic rock.
Adele works.
Have had a crush on Alison Kraus since high school. Fiddle playing alone does me in. And that soprano voice.

Even Josh Groban.
saw him live once. With my ex. She wanted to see the lady performing with him.
Dude has perfect pitch. Not one note off, not even a little.
Not sure I love the music and his skill impresses me.
Also, he wasnt political and Trump was Pres.

Reactions: Basher
ABBA (with the exception of dancing queen) and classical orchestra. I publicly enjoy it but listen to it alone because most everyone I'm around hates it, especially my wife...

Reactions: PDXGS
I dont hide Any of it.

But mix between Hank III, Chopin, old time bluegrass, Christian, old country, classic rock.
Adele works.
Have had a crush on Alison Kraus since high school. Fiddle playing alone does me in. And that soprano voice.

Even Josh Groban.
saw him live once. With my ex. She wanted to see the lady performing with him.
Dude has perfect pitch. Not one note off, not even a little.
Not sure I love the music and his skill impresses me.
Also, he wasnt political and Trump was Pres.
I’ve worn out some Hank III CD’s with zero shame, I’d blast it.

Last edited:
Well, if I'm really alone, and it's quiet and dark.
Nobody's coming over and the dog is in the back yard.
Lock the doors and take the phone off the hook and turn off the cellphone ?
If that's the kind of alone you mean and were wondering what I listen to during those moments

Not a huge hip hop fan but I’ll be damned if I don’t think stuff like Black Bear’s Hot girl bummer or 24K Golden’s Mood ain’t catchy as fuck! And I have the most random play list on the planet. Everything from Tito Puente and Caravan Palace, to Megadeth, Steve Earl, and AC/DC,
to Radiohead, Portishead, and Groove Armada, to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

Last edited:
Not a huge hip hop fan but I’ll be damned if I don’t think stuff like Black Bear’s Hot girl bummer or 24 Karat Golden’s Mood ain’t catch as fuck! And I have the most random play list on the planet. Everything from Tito Puente and Caravan Palace, to Megadeth, Steve Earl, and AC/DC,
to Radiohead, Portishead, and Groove Armada, to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

Hat tip to Jim Out, no idea why he seemed to have caught a perma ban.

Reactions: nikonNUT
She is kind of spergy and weird but I like her voice.

Rap and classical music are my secret genres that I enjoy.

Good gangster rap from the 90's and underground/independent rap from the last decade...
There's some impressive stuff out there but this genre just doesn't seem to fit my demographic according to others.

That and I sometimes listen to classical music. Every time I've tried to listen to classical music in front of others they're response is something like, "What are we listening to?"

lol

Ok, I'll admit it....I actually like Bossa Nova...original Bossa Nova done by Brazilians...and Stan Getz.

This is The Girl from Ipanema which we have all probably heard at a wedding or in an elevator....but this is the real deal OG version and bossa nova was cool before the word cool was in the common vernacular.

There actually was a girl and Ipanema is a neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro and this girl...17 at the time...Helô Pinheiro would apparently walk past this bar and cafe frequently going to the beach or other errands. The musical artists (Jobim and others) would would hang at this cafe and drool over her....while she was oblivious to them.

This is her in 2006....I bet in 1962 at 17 she was super hot....in a very cool way! haha Hell, in this pic I think she's still super hot.

150px-Helo_Pinheiro.jpg

The male voice singing in Portuguese is João Gilberto and when they were sitting around his house arranging this song, they pulled in his wife Astrid, who had never before performed as a vocalist (and doesn't have a really strong voice IMO but it worked perfectly for the very laid back bossa nova sound).

This version is a vid of a TV show where apparently Getz got Astrid a singing job....she looks terrified and sort of sounds it too! haha

So here is your daily dose of culture, you filthy animals! LOL

Cool vid about the song.

Video game music for me. 🙄 You're not a true Doom player if you've never rocked out to this song at least once in your life!

I always did like coloring outside the lines Mike.

But you knew that already. :D

I could've gone with Brook Benton...

but Stevie is my guilty pleasure.
Put the headphones on and lean back in the recliner
on those nights when the brain just won't shut down.

Last edited:
Can't do disco, punk, rap, what's called today's country and a few others. I may listen to Tchaikovsky today and New Riders of The Purple Sage tomorrow.

Old rap had talent the new shits mostly mumbling and computers
Can't do disco, punk, rap, what's called today's country and a few others. I may listen to Tchaikovsky today and New Riders of The Purple Sage tomorrow.

Ok, I'll admit it....I actually like Bossa Nova...original Bossa Nova done by Brazilians...and Stan Getz.

This is The Girl from Ipanema which we have all probably heard at a wedding or in an elevator....but this is the real deal OG version and bossa nova was cool before the word cool was in the common vernacular.

There actually was a girl and Ipanema is a neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro and this girl...17 at the time...Helô Pinheiro would apparently walk past this bar and cafe frequently going to the beach or other errands. The musical artists (Jobim and others) would would hang at this cafe and drool over her....while she was oblivious to them.

This is her in 2006....I bet in 1962 at 17 she was super hot....in a very cool way! haha Hell, in this pic I think she's still super hot.

150px-Helo_Pinheiro.jpg

The male voice singing in Portuguese is João Gilberto and when they were sitting around his house arranging this song, they pulled in his wife Astrid, who had never before performed as a vocalist (and doesn't have a really strong voice IMO but it worked perfectly for the very laid back bossa nova sound).

This version is a vid of a TV show where apparently Getz got Astrid a singing job....she looks terrified and sort of sounds it too! haha

So here is your daily dose of culture, you filthy animals! LOL

I second and Helô Is still hot!!

I can’t stand any pop music except some songs by P!nk. I think she’s a great singer and can really belt it out

Reactions: Average guy

By Chick Correa

By Dave Brubeck

Artist: Al Jearreau.

LOVE Rondo ala Turk...The Brubeck version as well as the Emmerson Link and Palmer.

The Jarreau version you posted is lovely and I believe what he was doing is called vocalese. Manhattan Transfer did an album of that name where...well, yeah...all of the tunes were vocalese.

"Clarks" They were never really big time but in western PA they rule. Seen them live at a outdoor festival type thing. Great night. "Michael Stanley Band" another almost but in the Cleveland area they were huge. Great live show. Great nights. Eddie Money seen him live absolutely great show. Guess stuff that brings back grrat memories.

Reactions: gunsnjeeps
About 90% of what I listen to is hard rock and heavy metal, but a guilty pleasure would be Gordon Lightfoot. Songs like The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Sundown, and Don Quixote.

I will jam out to some taylor swift. I use bluetooth headphones so I don't have to worry about getting caught. lol. My general tastes vary all over the map, one day it'll be some jazz, the next opera, then i'll be on a hard rock streak. So far today, feels like it's going to be a marilyn manson and rob zombie kind of day.

Branden

Buck Owens, Jodeci, DMX, Moe Bandy, Skid Row, Def Leppard.

Edit: To clarify I don’t hide this music per say I just can’t get my crew interested so I jam it by myself.

Last edited:
Electro swing that involves tits..

Especially when I am alone. And near baby oil.

Sirhr

I actually have that in one of my playlists...the tribal belly dance group my wife was involved with used that song.

And here I'm looking at her Charleston footwork, not her tits! LMAO

if you are asking for true confessions?

lol