• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What new gear did you get for Christmas?

Re: What new gear did you get for Christmas?

Redding T-7 Press with Primer Feed kit
Redding 338LM Competition Bushing 3-Die Neck Sizer Set
RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Combo
NRA Membership renewal
SWFA Mil-Dot Master

It was a good Christmas.

For the wife, I told her she could have the landscaper do what ever she wanted (starting to rethink that).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chittnp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got to watch my Daughter open her presents via google video chat from Kabul. It was awesome! </div></div>

NICE!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a lathe
a mill
lots of tooling
Nightforce 12x42x56 BR
not quite finshed 243 build
5 acres of land
digital SLR camers
Varget 8 pounder
clothes n stuff </div></div>

Dude, you cleaned up!!

elberstock x3 lo drag , tis quick cuff sling, rangemaster 750 scale and best of all not gear but son home for christmas for first time in two years. He spent last christmas at tangi valley AF.

Used some Xmas money to order a Bushnell elite 1600 range finder. I have a couple hundred left, I think I'm going to buy a savage bolt action .22.

Didn't get any gear, or even a card for that matter, but I did make it home from the sandbox in time to spend Christmas with my family, which is more than I could have ever asked for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One Holer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't get any gear, or even a card for that matter, but I did make it home from the sandbox in time to spend Christmas with my family, which is more than I could have ever asked for. </div></div>

Marry Christmas, God Bless and welcome back!

got my first AR15, 2 hard cases, computer crap, and the green light to go build whatever 'kit' i want. but more importantly i got to put together alot of toys and watch my kids faces LIGHT UP on Christmas morning. Spent the weekend with family and friends, best Christmas in a long time!

God bless our troops, past present and future!

Ex

A box of Hornady .308 in a stocking for a rifle I don't have... yet.

Told my best friend who works with me everyday on the 23rd that we weren't going in today because we we're going to do something fun all day.
There we're three rules, no asking where we we're going, What we we're doing when we got there and he had to plan on having fun.

Drove almost three hours to meet up with another Hide member to check out a .308 5r in a AICS chassis, looked great so I paid for it and looked at Mike and said "That's your new rifle !"
He was pretty ecstatic and I couldn't of felt better giving it to someone more deserving than him. One of those people who always gives his time to everyone else but never seems to get it back from them.

Sometimes the best gifts are the ones we give.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Told my best friend who works with me everyday on the 23rd that we weren't going in today because we we're going to do something fun all day.
There we're three rules, no asking where we we're going, What we we're doing when we got there and he had to plan on having fun.

Drove almost three hours to meet up with another Hide member to check out a .308 5r in a AICS chassis, looked great so I paid for it and looked at Mike and said "That's your new rifle !"
He was pretty ecstatic and I couldn't of felt better giving it to someone more deserving than him. One of those people who always gives his time to everyone else but never seems to get it back from them.

Sometimes the best gifts are the ones we give. </div></div>

That's awesome, wanna hang out??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Told my best friend who works with me everyday on the 23rd that we weren't going in today because we we're going to do something fun all day.

Now that is a true friend... Is he new to shooting or did you just bjy him an upgrade?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Told my best friend who works with me everyday on the 23rd that we weren't going in today because we we're going to do something fun all day.

Now that is a true friend... Is he new to shooting or did you just bjy him an upgrade? </div></div>

He shoots but its tough for him to spend the money on something like that when he's trying to help his girls through college and pay the regular life bills so it has always been put on the back burner for a long time.
I'm hoping to get him to some of the SHWW shoots coming up this year !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Now that is a true friend... </div></div>

+1, very cool of you. Major Karma points.

Sir, that's what it's all about. I applaud you.
I hope that one day I will be able to do the same stuff for my friends.

Thanks for sharing this.

I got a PWS MK-114 and a Leupold Mk IV spotter w/P4 reticle. As cool as that stuff is the best thing I got was 2 cases of ammo.

TAD Gear pants
Magpul Dynamics The Art of the Precision Rifle
Mil Spec-XR Field Density Altitude Compensator
Strider SMF

And the joy of watching my kids go crazy that Santa has been, Lame or not that was the best part.

You obviously have a true understanding of Christmas and friendship.

Voodoo Tactical Praetorian Rifle Pack and Scope Cover / Muzzle Protector and am about to get a pair of small Phoenix Tactical pod claws.

I got myself a PLRF 10, and if my wife finds out what I paid for it I will be getting a divorce for my birthday

i got a yeti ice chest, the wife got a victorias secret gift card. win/win

My wife bought me an ice-cream scoop made from solid steel. She knows me so well.
I got awfully pissed when I kept bending or breaking the cheapass ones from the stores around here. So she did some internet shopping and bought me one that weighs somewhere around 5lbs. Not breaking that SOB anytime soon!

I bought her a smith and wesson M&P compact in 9mm. If it's the thought that counts, then I'm screwed...

I guess I can count it as christmas. 2 weeks ago I bought a new NF NXS 5.5-22X50 NP-R1 HS

very happy

I just bought a kel tec ksg to complete my presents, can't decide on a sight for it yet.

200 rounds of 45
750 rounds of 38
A CountyComm EOD bag
MOE hand guards and a CTR stock

I got a Sig SSG-3000 and its awesome so far I have tried the Berger 168 VLD and it shot 4 rounds pretty much in the same hole @ 100 yards. The best part about it is Cabelas had it on clearance for 2K.

HK Mark23 , shoots like a dream. Also bunch of reloading components from my cabela's gift cards I push for. Some say gift cards are shallow and not as meaningful. I say no one can shop better for me than me.. so hand em over..haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thehjot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife bought me an ice-cream scoop made from solid steel. She knows me so well.
I got awfully pissed when I kept bending or breaking the cheapass ones from the stores around here. So she did some internet shopping and bought me one that weighs somewhere around 5lbs. Not breaking that SOB anytime soon!

I bought her a smith and wesson M&P compact in 9mm. If it's the thought that counts, then I'm screwed... </div></div>

That's a great tool...I need to find one as well. Always think about jacking the one I see the dude at Marble Slab using.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thehjot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife bought me an ice-cream scoop made from solid steel. She knows me so well.

I bought her a smith and wesson M&P compact in 9mm. If it's the thought that counts, then I'm screwed... </div></div>

Put the ice cream scope in hot water before you use it.
Stay out of hot water with your wife or she might use it.

Happy New Year

I got a new water well pump, the old one died two days before Christmas...that and labor only cost $3,000! Lucky me. I shudder to think of all the gun stuff I could have bought with $3k....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c-3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got a yeti ice chest, the wife got a victorias secret gift card. win/win </div></div>

I'm jealous of the Yeti!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'Crye Precision' tactical trousers with take in/out kneepads. </div></div>

Tactical trousers with take out kneepads? I wouldn't be telling anybody about those. Just sayin'...

My dad opened a gift from my mom. It was an electronic wind detector. You push a button hold it up, and little LEDs light up where the wind is coming from. My mom was so proud and you could tell she was hoping he liked it (my dad's very hard to shop for as if he wants it, he buys it).

So after about 5 seconds of my dad looking puzzled at the box he looks at me, I lick my finger, and stick it up in the air. Everybody laughed, even my mom.

Here it is: http://www.cabelas.com/hunting-acce...-B729-E011-8E88-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA

Got some new steel coming from Big Dog Steel. I ended up getting the Spinner rack with a 3 inch spinner and an 8 " steel plate hanging below it. Can't wait to get it.

Ended up getting all the gear I had bought for my build while I was Iraq sent from my Moms.

LTR barreled action
B&C Medalist
X3 LoDrag
frame thingee for X3
Harris Bipod
Borka
Badger lows
Impact Data book
Applied Ballistics signed by Bryan
600 rounds of FGMM 175's
and MW3 from Mom...too bad she forgot to send the PS3 thats still in closet at her place lol

And from the 'Hide I got deals on the last few items for my build. CDi DBM and a knob install from PCR!!!

I didn't even get a lump of coal. This Chistmas sucked!

I got non gun stuff. last year was the year of gun stuff. It was a custom built Saiga 12. and also a PF9 for BUG

this year was a XOOM tablet for myself, and a kindle fire for the mrs

Well I was passed down about 14 guns from my grandpap. I'm very appreciative for that.

I bought myself a bushnell HDMR, and a B&C tactical stock.

Now I'm looking to order my rings and base. Its been a nice Christmas.

Manners T2 and a Bushy FFP from here on the 'Hide...I'm in hock to my wife on some of it but a diamond necklace went a ways to covering that 'debt' between us!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chittnp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got to watch my Daughter open her presents via google video chat from Kabul. It was awesome! </div></div>

Thanks for your service. Watching your daughter open presents even by chat priceless.

I got a Barrett model 95 50 BMG and a East Ridge State Arms "Shorty" 50 BMG. I'm thinking of selling the Barrett model 95 (5 shot mag) bolt gun for $4599.00 if you know anyone into 50 bmg's. This gun is $6200 new. Also built a pole barn for christmas to put my guns in. lol

Wow,some of you guys really cleaned up!Around our house,Christmas is all about the kids and grandkids.My wife and I are hard to shop for,and if we want something,we either buy it or buy it for the other one(um,make sense).She did buy me a Yeti cooler and I bought her a nice pair of boots and a gift card at a local clothing store.I did buy myself and my son that reloads one of Toms machined aluminum loading blocks. Happy New Year, Lightman

Just set up the new Viper 20-60x60 Nomad (angle eyepiece) and tried it out through the window. Its just amazingly sharp compared to what
I'd used previous.

I've been using an old Simmons 20-60x60 for more than a decade, and I never realized how awful it was until now. It's still good enough for smallbore, but for C/F distances, I'm going with the Viper, period.

Greg