• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing What optic do you use on your hunting rifles?

Re: What optic do you use on your hunting rifles?

2.5-8 Zeiss Conquest was used on my 375 H&H for quite a while and is now moving over to my .404 once it is complete.

4.5-14 VX3 with B&C Reticle on my coyote rifle

Main hunting rifle, iron sights. Occasionally will put on a small Leupold 1-4x20.

Nikon 3x9x40 on a 25-06 ruger m77. im very pleased with it although i would like a litte more magnification when im streching out for a further than 250 yard shot.

I'll be honest and you all can laugh...

Elk/Deer Rifle : Bushnell Banner 3-9x40
.22 : Bushnell SV 3-9x32
Predator Rifle : Sightron 6-24x40

I may not have the most expensive scopes, but atleast I didn't break the bank to go have fun hunting. You can put all the finest optics on a rifle you want, but it doesn't amount to shit if you can't shoot.

Zeiss conquest for the 308

Nikon monarch for 22-250

currently leupold vx-i, that is until I get my USO

Leupold vx3 2.5-8

For a hunting rifle I always try to minimize weight where practical, which is one of several reasons I stick with the 3-10x40 Leup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EBM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leupold vx3 2.5-8 </div></div>

Ditto that, nice and light, compact, works awesome.

My two main deer hunting rifles are both wearing rail mounted Swarovski Z6i 1.7-10, and my main hog gun is wearing an illuminated Leupold VX-III 1.5-5.

I haven't hunted in around 8 years. All of the guns I had then either had irons or 4 to 6x on them. I'm getting back into hunting this year. I'll be sporting the 10x Bushnell Tactical.

My 308 wears a Leopold mark4 3.5x10 with a TMR was a mildot man this reticule grows on you like a fungus

I have a few firearms for hunting, all different situations. However all my guns use a Ziess 3x9x40, except my long range rifle with is a 6.5x20x50 Leupold Mark 4.

Ziess conquest's are absolutely amazing for the money!

Leupold 4x12x40 25/06 Sendero
Leupold Gilmore Reddot - 12 gauge slug

30/06 - Zeiss 4.5-14x44mm
.243 - Leupold MK4 4.5-14x40mm
7mm/08 - Leupold 3-9x50mm
.300 wsm - Leupold 4.5-14x50mm

Leupold MK4 8.5X25X50
Picture159.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThorUSMC3209</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nikon 3x9x40 on a 25-06 ruger m77. im very pleased with it although i would like a litte more magnification when im streching out for a further than 250 yard shot. </div></div>

I picked up a Nikon Monarch 3-12x42SF and it's really nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman™</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont laugh .

Tasco

Leupold

USO

williams peep sight's
cool.gif
</div></div>

I have a Tasco Euro-Class I've been using on a 300WM since 1992ish. That was a big spend back then.
It's sitting in case waiting to be loaded up in morning. The other rifle in case has a $250 Redfield. I hope this post doesn't jinx me.

Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40

Leupold Vari-X II 2-7x33

Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50

Ghost ring iron sights on a Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70. I love that gun. Where I hunt for deer I can't shoot over a 100 yards due to dense cover.

Kahles CL 4-12x52mz Plex SFP

Kahles CT 3-9x42 4A SFP

Kahles C 2.5-10x50 4A FFP

S&B Zenith 1.5-6x42 FD7 FFP

S&B PMII 4-16x50 P4f FFP

S&B PMII 3-12x50 GenII FFP

The Zenith is awesome with the Flash Dot.

P5220001lowres.jpg

Here in Central NY, deer are taken in either a woodland of farmland context.

For the woodland context my guns are either 20ga slug/sabot guns, or my 44Mag lever gun, and these all wear dot scopes zeroed for 70 yards. The ballistic curves for these firearms tend to be surprisingly similar. Shooting opportunities tend to be fleeting, so quick sight picture acquisition tends to become foremost.

For the more open hunting context, I use Ruger MKI .30-'06's or .280's with some older contemporary Redfield 4-12x40 scopes that were mounted on them when my Elder Brother Bill had those guns before his passing. They are generally zeroed for 200yd, which is close to a good MPBR zero distance.

Deer this year appear to be more or less plentiful, just never where I can get to them. I do tend to get a decent naturalist's eye view of the foxes and cute little bunnies, though...

Greg

S&B Zenith flash dot 3-12x50 with precison hunter turrets
Kaps Illuminated 2.5-10x50
2x Conquest 6.5-20x50

Kaps has the best optics. No bdc turrets.
S&B is a bit heavy.
Conquest good for all year shoot anything and not too heavy.
edi
last Sunday, fat Sika doe
DSCN6252.jpg

NF 3.5X15 NPR1 on the 308
NF 5.5X22 NPR1 on the 280AI
Zeiss 3X9 on the 338 federal
All MOA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EBM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leupold vx3 2.5-8 </div></div>
quickly becoming one of my favorites.

My main hog rifle wears an illuminated Leupold VX-III 1.5-5, and my two main deer rifles both wear rail mount Swarovski Z6i 1.7-10's.

Nightforce NSX 5.5-22x56
Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50
Bushnell 3200 10x

Kahles, Zeiss, Redfield, Leupold, Weaver and Shepherds... just to name a few...