• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Optics and mounts are you using on your Vudoo Rifle ??

Mine, 40 moa base, NF ultralite 1.125, ATACR 7-35 Mil-XT
kids, 30 moa base (40 on order), NF ultralite 1.125, NX8 4-32 Mil-XT

Reactions: nikonNUT
Disclaimer though. Vortex advertises the PST Gen2 to only have 20mils of elevation which by what I gather in the minimum it should have. Mine happens to have about 27mils so your mileage may vary.

Reactions: sneakyman
Disclaimer though. Vortex advertises the PST Gen2 to only have 20mils of elevation which by what I gather in the minimum it should have. Mine happens to have about 27mils so your mileage may vary.
Ya...the math makes me feel iffy about it! I guess ill coss my fingers and hope i get lucky for once! Thanks for the heads up!!!

Ya...the math makes me feel iffy about it! I guess ill coss my fingers and hope i get lucky for once! Thanks for the heads up!!!
Actually just went and grabbed the rifle to double check what I have since the last zero. 23.8mils. Which I was thinking was odd. And just remembered Vortex replaced my optic last month. Guess I got one back with less than my original.

Reactions: sneakyman
Actually just went and grabbed the rifle to double check what I have since the last zero. 23.8mils. Which I was thinking was odd. And just remembered Vortex replaced my optic last month. Guess I got one back with less than my original.

Damn! At least its still above the advertised 20! Thanks for checking good sir!

Yeah kinda bummed loosing 3mil especially with a elr match coming up. I might put the cap and check total mil and report back.
Seems like vortex has more of a "range" of elevation that an exact number...such a precise instrument to have so much wiggle room?!?!

ZCO 527 in a Spuhr mount, medium height.
0737E00B-0885-4955-85D6-6DC30DDF5E5B.jpeg

With a 40 moa base my scope has 30 mils of travel will I be able to zero at 50? I had another rife with a 40 moa base and Leopoldo scope and I was bottomed out at 100. 50mm Bushnell elite pro scope with seekins rings 1 inch

Last edited:
What length barrel are you using and how does it balance? I really want that setup!
20" Kukri profile and with I forget how many weights in the rail, it has a slight rear bias when holding it right in front of mag well.

Reactions: K80/6.5
Don't go to the trouble for me. It was just curiosity. I'll bet it's heavy!

So I have a Three60 with a 40MOA base in a Grayboe Ridgeback inbound (with ARC 28mm rings) and I have a question for the ATAC-R 7-35 owners. Why the 7-35 over the 5-25? I completely understand that it is an awesome scope but the 5-25 offers 6 more MILs of dial (35 versus 29) and with “22” ranges it seems like 25x on the top end would suffice? My LGS can get me either one (and the price difference is inconsequential) so I would love to hear what swayed y’all to the 7-35. Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Badjujuu
So I have a Three60 with a 40MOA base in a Grayboe Ridgebackinbound and I have a question for the ATAC-R 7-35 owners. Why the 7-35 over the 5-25? I completely understand that it is an awesome scope but the 5-25 offers 6 more MILs of dial (35 versus 29) and with “22” ranges it seems like 25x on the top end would suffice? My LGS can get me either one (and the price difference is inconsequential) so I would love to hear what swayed y’all to the 7-35. Thank you in advance!
I actually never considered that when looking at NF. Just went straight for 7-35.

Somehow went for the top end power but rarely use it at matches.... I got total of 50 moa between base and spuhr mount.....

I'm using some $50.00 UTG mounts on most of my guns. The Vudoo has straight mounts and the Bergara has off-set mounts.
In both cases, the mounting screws are no snag flush head screws. The off-set mounts may seem flimsy on there own but
once they are mounted in tandem, they are very rigid. Besides I'm unwilling to spend $200 / $300 on mounts for over a dozen guns
or even three for that matter. I have a couple Trijicon 5-50x56 scopes and they are great. I got them from B&H photo and they came with
a 30 day test drive offer. If I didn't like it than I could return it. It was so nice, I bought a second one within 45 days. The tool-less
knobs are absolutely killer !!

Just for fun, I put the B14R in the MDT chassis that I had for the V22 and I also tried out the Trigger Tech Diamond in it as well.
I don't think I will ever buy a chassis for the B14R. I did however modify my Bergara trigger and her pull weight is now 11 ounces
and has adjustable sear engagement. It cost me $5.00 for parts and 15 minutes. The trigger housing has 7 rivets holding it together
but I was able to do the mod without opening the unit up. At my club, I can do minor mods and I can still shoot the gun in the
stock class. The targets were shot with the factory trigger set to it's lowest setting of 2 pounds & 4 ounces. With the new trigger,
she is a joy to shoot and much easier to control.

Attachments

• 10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS  .34 CTC.jpg
    10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS .34 CTC.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 10 SHOTS @ 25 YARDS.jpg
    10 SHOTS @ 25 YARDS.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 50
  • B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
    B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 7-21-21-A.jpg
    7-21-21-A.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200926_115413.jpg
    20200926_115413.jpg
    746.5 KB · Views: 66
  • VUDOO V22.JPG
    VUDOO V22.JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 61
So I have a Three60 with a 40MOA base in a Grayboe Ridgeback inbound (with ARC 28mm rings) and I have a question for the ATAC-R 7-35 owners. Why the 7-35 over the 5-25? I completely understand that it is an awesome scope but the 5-25 offers 6 more MILs of dial (35 versus 29) and with “22” ranges it seems like 25x on the top end would suffice? My LGS can get me either one (and the price difference is inconsequential) so I would love to hear what swayed y’all to the 7-35. Thank you in advance!
Parallax adjustment for the 7-35 goes down to 11 yards, the 5-25 goes down to 45 yards. If it wasn't for that, the 5-25 would be more than adequate.

Parallax adjustment for the 7-35 goes down to 11 yards, the 5-25 goes down to 45 yards. If it wasn't for that, the 5-25 would be more than adequate.
Wow! That is a huge feature and I totally missed it! Back to the drawing board... Thank you for pointing that out!

Reactions: jego
Wow! That is a huge feature and I totally missed it! Back to the drawing board... Thank you for pointing that out!

No reason not to have the 35. You might not shoot at 35 for a match, but I can tell you when shooting on paper and verifying dope, 35 is nice. You also aren't going to shoot a match at 5x either, so not having the lower end of 5-25 doesn't matter either.

I think 7-35 is a perfect range. I'll shoot matches typically at 15-18x. Unsupported offhand at 8-10x, and then paper at 35x.

I'm told the glass in the 7-35 is much superior to that of the 5-25. But the FOV in the 5-25 is much better, so you need to decide which is more important to you.

No reason not to have the 35. You might not shoot at 35 for a match, but I can tell you when shooting on paper and verifying dope, 35 is nice. You also aren't going to shoot a match at 5x either, so not having the lower end of 5-25 doesn't matter either.

I think 7-35 is a perfect range. I'll shoot matches typically at 15-18x. Unsupported offhand at 8-10x, and then paper at 35x.
5x is nice for those of us that have difficulty finding targets during a match. 🥸

I've also been experimenting w/ much lower magnification during matches as well. Like 4-8.

The NX8 4-32 fills the niche really well. Parallax to 11 yards. 8x mag range. Glass and eye box aren't going to be as nice as either ATACR.

Are you guys really shooting enough targets at 11 yards to need that parallax range?
I can't answer that real world but I have read of 25 yard PRS stages. If you can only get down to 45 things might be a bit fuzzy. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
5x is nice for those of us that have difficulty finding targets during a match. 🥸

I've also been experimenting w/ much lower magnification during matches as well. Like 4-8.

The NX8 4-32 fills the niche really well. Parallax to 11 yards. 8x mag range. Glass and eye box aren't going to be as nice as either ATACR.
This is true. I have a 4.5-30 on my Bergara and never get that low but the CZ runs a 6-24 Midas-Tac and the 6 is workable for busting tree rats aka finding the little buggers! And the 10 yard parallax is a blessing! I think I will go with the 7-35 ATAC-R. The dial gains are minimal as in 30-ish extra yards with no hold over. I think I can live without the extra dial and a tad more magnification on the low end to have a workable scope up close!

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Yes, sir! LGS has one (C613) ready and waiting! I'll be grabbing it Friday!
Yeah I wrestled with a similar issue. I ended up with the 7-35x56 aswell. My one ended up with 36MRAD of elevation, and shooting paper or LR stuff on 35x is very nice. I dial back to around 12 to 15x for dynamic stuff.

Only issue I noticed is when doing some small game hunting, the 7x can have the reticle get lost in the background but Im going to see if the illiumination helps with that. I had to spot on 7x and dial to 12 to 15x to take the shot with accuracy using the reticle.

But I love the scope. Expensive, but happy I went with it. I was going to get the 4-20x50 but the lack of high end mag ended up worrying me so I swapped to the 7-35x56. I honestly think that its the perfect rimfire comp scope.

Yeah I wrestled with a similar issue. I ended up with the 7-35x56 aswell. My one ended up with 36MRAD of elevation, and shooting paper or LR stuff on 35x is very nice. I dial back to around 12 to 15x for dynamic stuff.

Only issue I noticed is when doing some small game hunting, the 7x can have the reticle get lost in the background but Im going to see if the illiumination helps with that. I had to spot on 7x and dial to 12 to 15x to take the shot with accuracy using the reticle.

But I love the scope. Expensive, but happy I went with it. I was going to get the 4-20x50 but the lack of high end mag ended up worrying me so I swapped to the 7-35x56. I honestly think that its the perfect rimfire comp scope.
Good info to have! Thank you! I wondered if NightForce might have sand bagged a bit on elevation range. 36 MRAD would be awesome! I would think the green illumination would pop against the red oaks I usually hunt!

Reactions: Quickoz
Good info to have! Thank you! I wondered if NightForce might have sand bagged a bit on elevation range. 36 MRAD would be awesome! I would think the green illumination would pop against the red oaks I usually hunt!
I didnt even know it had green aswell!!! Haha. I ended up with 36MRAD but I cant guarrentee thats whats others will have but. I had two to choose from in my shop and I just grabbed the top one and mounted it straight away.

Last edited:
I didnt even know it had green aswell!!! Haha. I endee up with 36MRAD but I cant guarrentee thats whats others will have but. I had two to choose from in my shop and I just grabbed the top one and mounted it straight away.
I believe you turn the illumination on then hold the button down for 5 seconds and it will flash the color selected. Repeating will toggle to the other color.

Reactions: Quickoz
I don't have a Vudoo for now, but if I did i would use what I have on my, Bergara, Tikka and Kidd Supergrade. Vortex Strike Eagle, 20 moa rail and Burris XTR Signature with 40moa in the rings. I can dial to 500yds.
Mark

This is a little more than OP asked, but how mine is set up:

Vudoo Three 60, Ace 20" MTU barrel (non-threaded), MPA BA comp chassis, Trigger Tech Diamond Pro Curve, Athlon Cronus BTR Gen2 4.5-29x56 with APRS6 reticule in Warne Mountain Tech 7221M rings, Atlas CAL bipod with Gray Ops mount, Long Range Arms "Send iT" MV3 digital level.

Last edited:
1 1/2" Burris XTR rings

I use a set of the 1 1/2" Burris XTR rings and Harrell's dovetail bases to mount on the action plus a set of extra high Burris signature Zee rings for the picatinny rail I purchased from Vudoo.