• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What Pack to carry my rifle and everything else for Hunting?

USW.260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
The World as we know it.
I've seen a few on here and some are about at big as I am and some have way to many side pockets, strap, etc.. I'm looking for a pack that will hold most everything I need to hunt with and my rifle....the rifle being one I'm getting from another hide member....AICS 2.0 stock, 24" m40 contour barrel, and NF ATACR....so the rifle will not be light. I need something to keep it nice and tight on my back while I climb the hills and comes off and on easy with out the help of anyone else. Would like something in the Grey color spectrum or maybe Sika digital camo "the grey rock looking stuff". OK thanks

I use the Eberlestock Gunslinger II works just right for carry my rifle and the gear I want to take hunting with me. Just about the right size. Not sure what all colors you can get them in. The scabbards on some of their smaller hunting packs aren't big enough for a rifle and scope that size.

Eberlestock Team Elk, X1A1, X1E... camo pattern Rock Veil or Western Slope
I have an X1A1 in Timber veil and a G4 Operator in UNICAM..both are outstanding packs with many available options

Last edited:
I've been looking into the same thing recently. Im only looking for something for single day outings that will fit my 6.8 AR and have found that their smaller scabbards will not work with a larger rifle. The gunslinger 2 and the just one seem to get good reviews and hold larger rifles.

The x3 lo drag holds a full gun but is still a small pack and relatively cheap. Next step up being a phantom which is pretty modular

I have an Eberlestock X1A1 and feel it's a great pack. Not to big and it carried my 15lb 260 no problem.

If you have a Sportsman warehouse they carry the gunslinger 2 in a couple of camo options. It's on my short list for next year. Looks about perfect for climbing during a day hunt.

Check put Kifaru Packs with GunBearer Accessory. Weapon secure and easily accessible. The Gun Bearer should work with any pack you choose.

+2 on the Kifaru with gun bearer accessory. Will fit any rifle and comes instantly to your hand if needed.

I would think that I would carry the rifle with the stock folded as it being a AICS 2.0, don't know if that would make a difference. Also Thanks a lot guys for the info! Kifaru stuff is super nice, Eberlestock is at the top of the list. I'll just have to do the research but now I know where to start!

Give Ceylon a call at DeltaOutdoorsman==> He'll discuss what you're going to use it for primarily, and recommend what will work best for you.

Delta Outdoorsman (Powered by CubeCart)

^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^

I was in the same quandary and contacted Ceylon - we discussed and he fixed me up. I was thinking an integrated pack & rifle scabbard, but ended up with separate units - glad I did.

Great vendor to work with!

Last edited:
I use the X3, between that and the nosegunner it carries more than I need. I also use a H3 mini me with scabbard if I don't have as much gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I have and works for me: Eberlestock Skycrane II with a A4SS( no G1 little brother ) and a usmc dry bag .
TRG22 with S&B 3-20x50 and the atlas bipod no problem for the a4ss
give ceylon a call see what he can do for you