• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What pistol do you use for self-protection out in public?

I understand that. I'm just repeating the same bullshit the man I quoted tells people all the time. Pointing out his hypocrisy and double standards.

I know.
Its why I said it.

Im out.

Gonna go sell my guns back and sign up for govt assistance.
See if I can get some skinny jeans.
And wear a stocking cap in the summer, hanging off my head.

Why would you carry anything other than a 1911?
07991BBC-DE3A-43C9-990B-6CA90E116BE3.jpeg

EDC = Glock 43 with a Hyve +2 and a Leupold Deltapoint Micro with Critical Defense.
Woods = HK VP9 with Buffalo Bore 147, hard casts in a Gunfighters chest rig.

Reactions: 07SGT4623
Tell me more

I had a shield mag once. Couldn't get through a full mag without a malfunction or multiple. Both my 43x and 48 same problems. Sent it back to SA and the replacement did the same thing. Sent it back again for a refund.

• Wow
Reactions: BurtG
Usually a CZ83, sometimes a 1911, sometimes a Colt 1903, sometimes a S&W Model 36 with a Tyler T Grip, sometimes a Performance Center 686+, sometimes a 4" model 657 or a model 64.

I expected nothing less than a stupid comment from you

Tissue destruction is virtually the same for all standard handgun self defense cartridges regardless of bore size.

For the idiots in the room like you, standard means normal stuff like 38 special, 357 mag, 9x19 40 S&W, 45 ACP.

Folks like to get all high and mighty about how ineffective pistols are and such.

Most studies also don't take into account the differences in effectiveness for different projectile types, loadings and barrel lengths, possibly because many of the criminal class that produce much of the study material use cheap bullets.

Also the narrow focus on cavitation wounding doesn't take into account that many folks die from bleeding out because the projectile cut something important.

Regardless of what some narrow focus studies show, bullets from handguns kill lots of folks, Chicago keeps a daily count practically.
The police kill lots of folks every year with handguns
So do criminals and law abiding citizens defending themselves with handguns.

Just a bit ago someone with a compact handgun stopped a mall shooter armed with an AR type rifle, DRT

If you are going about your daily business and not looking for trouble, if trouble comes across your path, chances are it will be a handgun you have to defend yourself with.

Putting the bullet where it needs to go, is the most critical part of using a handgun, so carry what you can confidently control.
Precise aiming under movement and stress and a 2 way range is a lot more difficult.

Plenty of folks die from getting shot with a .22LR and bleeding out before they get to the hospital, you just usually want your attacker to stop a bit quicker.
But a person shooting .22LR HV rounds that knows how to put them exactly where they want under stress isn't at as much of a disadvantage as many think.

Some calibers with more penetration potential will be more effective in situations where penetrating through a barrier or when the bullet has to travel a longer ways through dense parts of the body to get to something that will cause the target to bleed out.

Folks can wax lyrical all day about how nothing beats a rifle, sure but you'll find carrying that rifle around constantly during daily work, trips, etc is realistically not going to happen for folks leading a normal life.

You guys should know by now not to argue with ButtPirate, he knows more than anyone on the planet about EVERYTHING!!!! I always enjoy his ridiculous comments such as "nobody cares what you think" bullshit while apparently thinking anyone cares about his opinions. Take your meds BP and have a nap now. Such a putz you are.

G43X with an improved trigger and better mags. I don’t like Gucci daily carry pistols cause if I gotta use it I don’t want to be crying about the cops holding on to it for god knows how long while I’m going through litigation.

You guys should know by now not to argue with ButtPirate, he knows more than anyone on the planet about EVERYTHING!!!! I always enjoy his ridiculous comments such as "nobody cares what you think" bullshit while apparently thinking anyone cares about his opinions. Take your meds BP and have a nap now. Such a putz you are.

How much do you think the other people at the matches he shoots cringe when they get squaded with him? Those poor souls, it's gotta be like four straight hours of inescapable unsolicited advice.

G43X with an improved trigger and better mags. I don’t like Gucci daily carry pistols cause if I gotta use it I don’t want to be crying about the cops holding on to it for god knows how long while I’m going through litigation.
What are the better mags?

Folks like to get all high and mighty about how ineffective pistols are and such.

Most studies also don't take into account the differences in effectiveness for different projectile types, loadings and barrel lengths, possibly because many of the criminal class that produce much of the study material use cheap bullets.

Also the narrow focus on cavitation wounding doesn't take into account that many folks die from bleeding out because the projectile cut something important.

Regardless of what some narrow focus studies show, bullets from handguns kill lots of folks, Chicago keeps a daily count practically.
The police kill lots of folks every year with handguns
So do criminals and law abiding citizens defending themselves with handguns.

Just a bit ago someone with a compact handgun stopped a mall shooter armed with an AR type rifle, DRT

If you are going about your daily business and not looking for trouble, if trouble comes across your path, chances are it will be a handgun you have to defend yourself with.

Putting the bullet where it needs to go, is the most critical part of using a handgun, so carry what you can confidently control.
Precise aiming under movement and stress and a 2 way range is a lot more difficult.

Plenty of folks die from getting shot with a .22LR and bleeding out before they get to the hospital, you just usually want your attacker to stop a bit quicker.
But a person shooting .22LR HV rounds that knows how to put them exactly where they want under stress isn't at as much of a disadvantage as many think.

Some calibers with more penetration potential will be more effective in situations where penetrating through a barrier or when the bullet has to travel a longer ways through dense parts of the body to get to something that will cause the target to bleed out.

Folks can wax lyrical all day about how nothing beats a rifle, sure but you'll find carrying that rifle around constantly during daily work, trips, etc is realistically not going to happen for folks leading a normal life.

Is this some sort of justification for carrying a 22 LR pistol?

If so..........

136229297714.gif

If so..........

136229297714.gif
By my reading, not any more so than this:

I understand your sarcasm and apparent beef with 308pirate in saying this, but...

Not that I would advocate a 22LR of any sort as someone's primary carry weapon, especially if they are more than capable of carrying and handling at least a 380 or 9mm, but I've yet to find any willing volunteers to act as real life guinea pigs to prove the supposed inefficacy of the 22LR as a potential self defense cartridge.

It's really strange...seems like people, in general, would rather be shot by nothing at all.

C'mon man, your reading comprehension is better than that.

Subcompact polymer80 glock clone. It has g27 everything but I also have a 9mm conversion barrel

Reactions: 338dude
How much do you think the other people at the matches he shoots cringe when they get squaded with him? Those poor souls, it's gotta be like four straight hours of inescapable unsolicited advice.
But you left out ridicule and shit talking.......

If so..........

136229297714.gif

Nope but if there was the choice between no pistol and a .22LR pistol well I know what I'm going with
If there is the choice that I can carry a pistol that I can't aim with or shoot properly due to physical disabilities, or I can carry a .22LR pistol that I can use and aim and shoot well with then...

I've gone through a number of calibers in my carry journey and currently 9mm offers the best of the many compromises of daily carry in an urban work environment.

We’ve got all the infinite wisdom necessary from 308asspirate; if only deaddismountee/ clamspammer/ turdcutter would chime in, we can close this thread out for good and call it a day. Their infinite and holier-than-thou wisdom of dumbassary is all we need.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: mewillis and BurtG
The best pistol is the one you are willing to carry every day, every time you leave the house, and you are most competent with.
Caliber isn’t that big a deal, shot them till they stop doing what they were doing to get shot. Most people don’t want to get shot, even 1 time.

What are the better mags?
I had shield arms mags. I didn’t have reliability problems other than failure to lock back which isn’t that big of a deal to me personally. My gripe with them was I sweat like a pig in summer and the tended to rust but still fed fine.

Sig P365 has better mags but was just to small in my hands.
Springfield hellcat pro wasn’t bad either.
Or you could pu extensions on the factory mags

Reactions: Jigstick and BurtG