• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What press/presses are you using?

I have eight presses (Lee (x3), RCBS (x2), Pacific(x1), and Forster (x2)), all used for various things at times. Some sit under the bench now, with only the Lee Classic and two Forsters remaining in constant use (the RCBS Little Partner stays on another bench for random crap). The Lee I use for depriming and the two Forsters I use for all my reloading (one set up for large cases, and the other set up for small cases....because I'm lazy).

I have three presses. Lee turret for loading 38wcf,45Colt and .223
​​​​​​A RCBS RCII for reloading precision .308
and a Dillon xl650 for 9mm

All work extremely well.

Had a RCBS JR press for 25yrs gave to a new reloader, replaced with Redding T-7
Have had Dillon 450 Middle 80's which was morphed to 550B along the way. I broke on part of the linkage and sent to Dillon for a factory overhaul in the early 2000's. Still works great!
And, I have K&M Arbor press for seating 308 ammo.

LOL! Yeah. That or I've been doing this long enough to have accumulated too much crap. :p

I use a Bonanza Co-AX for the majority of sizing/seating, two Harrells for range loading and a pair of old Rockchuckers for bulk .223/308 and bullet swaging. Started out reloading with my Dad's massive Herters press and still use it (rarely) to FL '06 and .270 brass. If I was limited to just one press, it'd be the Co-Ax.

Super 1050 and Lee 50th Anniversary single stage. Looking to add a 550 soon.

Forster Co-ax for 6.5 creed

Dillion 650 for 9mm and .223

I believe this combo works really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockchucker will eventually wear out, just like most other things. The linkage will get sloppy over time and this can cause inconsistencies in setting cartridge headspace and possibly seating depth, if seating resistance is great enough.

Only if you don't readjust your dies as it wears. The seating pressure is always in the same direction so slack is always taken out. If you want perfect headspace settings on your cases use the Redding Competition Shell holders that allow you to bottom out your die on the shell holder and then just pick the shell holder that gives you the right setting. They have .002" increments from .002 to .010. With the die solid against the shell holder and all headspace adjustments in the shell holder you get the same every time.

For Seating, turn your die into a Dead-Length Seating Die (or Buy one from Lee) by just finding a washer that will fit over your case while sitting in the shell holder. A 1/2" flat washer works great. Adjust the body of the die so it bottoms out on the washer and the press slightly cam's over. Then set your seating depth. NO SLOP, even if you can pick the press, shake it, and wake your neighbors from the rattle. :)

My presses:
Dillon 650 XL w/case feeder
Rock Chucker
RCBS Summit
RCBS Partner

And an old Lee Progressive I use to de-prime pistol brass in bulk prior to cleaning. That's all the press is good for.

Dillon seating dillon dies don't crimp and can be used bottomed out. Some lee seaters crimp and some don't, I'm not sure why that is (standard sets vs RGB?).

Hornady lnl single stage for everything right now. I have only been reloading for a couple years now and its mainly for my bolt guns and ar. Looking to get a progressive soon.

Hey, so I have an old Rockchucker that I got in a trade that has got me started with my reloading. Now Im looking to upgrade to a new press as this one is getting a bit worn and Im unsure of its accuracy. My question to you is what are all you using to reload precision ammo? I have toyed with the idea of going the Hornady LnL AP route and just using each station as a single stage, with the ability to use it for large output jobs like 9mm and 223. Wondering though if single stage is still the way to go, and I figure seeing what all you use will help in my decision making.
Any additional info on the presses would be greatly appreciated too

RCBS has a killer warranty. If anything wore out, they will replace it for free. Well at least they used to. 10 years ago, they sent me everything I needed to rebuild my Ammomaster press I've had for many years, bought in the early 80"s. There were no charges, not even shipping to my house. If you think your linkage is worn out, get the part numbers and try giving RCBS a call. Or just give them a call.

I just bought the MEC Marksman. Still in the box but the finish and quality is outstanding.