• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What rifle case are you using

Re: What rifle case are you using

I have a Pelican case and drag bag. Just depends on what you need it for.

Unless it's going on an airplane, it's in a soft case.

SKB makes nice hard cases too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a great deal

It looks like they have kahaki and black Drag bags, and black HSRC's in stock still.
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?con...prodTitle=Eagle Sniper Drag Bag
Kahaki

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?con...prodTitle=Eagle Sniper Drag Bag Black

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?con...prodTitle=Eagle Hybrid Sniper Rifle Case Black </div></div>

Damn you guys, order placed for a khaki.
blush.gif
</div></div>

I got my Eagle bag from Natchezss today. It was missing the shoulder straps. I called them about it, and they refused to send me either the straps or another bag. They wanted me to return it at my expense even though their website clearly stated it came with the shoulder straps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Amric</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a great deal

It looks like they have kahaki and black Drag bags, and black HSRC's in stock still.
Kahaki

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?con...prodTitle=Eagle Sniper Drag Bag Black

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?con...prodTitle=Eagle Hybrid Sniper Rifle Case Black </div></div>

blush.gif
</div></div>

I got my Eagle bag from Natchezss today. It was missing the shoulder straps. I called them about it, and they refused to send me either the straps or another bag. They wanted me to return it at my expense even though their website clearly stated it came with the shoulder straps.
</div></div>

Thats pretty shitty

Pelican 1700 for travel, and Eberlestock Gunslinger 2 for normal use.

Eberlestock or a soft case for normal use. Pelican for travel.

I use a Chandler stick, just keep it in a Blackhawk dragbag, trunk of cruiser daily with rest of my swat gear, keeps zero, no probs.

I use a big SKB. Locks nicely between the wheel wells in my truck and doesn't slide around when I'm driving like an asshole.
smile.gif

Any recommendations for a shooter mat / carry case combo (or a drag bag) for to and from range bag for a 51" SAvage 110 BA?
I can't find gear long enough.

I use soft cases for the rifles that do not have scopes or I do not care about. If the rifle costs a lot of cash I always use a hard case unless I am going to be holding it in the car. I have a few starline cases and some pelican storm cases.
I witnessed a car accident so I pulled way into the ditch. I was next to the barbed wire. Any way I called the cops and after they got there and they were doing traffic control. This guy in a pickup came speeding up to the site apparently digging for something and did the following.
A. Almost hit a cop
B. Jerked the wheel
C. Went off of the road
(you know where this is going
D. Rammed my car hard
E. Pushed my hard cases into the seat ahead of them breaking it and then sending the cases into the windshield
F. Broke the stock on my M1
G. Crushed a few ammo cans.
H. The cop took the grand in his pocket gave it to me for the damages then his insurance info.
I. He got arrested.

The cop said “I never seen a pickup fly like that before.” I never even talked to that guy. I saw the pickup coming so I jumped the fence and luckily I did. The guy was cuffed and put into one of the cop cars. The only thing I can think of was the guy was drunk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use soft cases for the rifles that do not have scopes or I do not care about. If the rifle costs a lot of cash I always use a hard case unless I am going to be holding it in the car. I have a few starline cases and some pelican storm cases.
I witnessed a car accident so I pulled way into the ditch. I was next to the barbed wire. Any way I called the cops and after they got there and they were doing traffic control. This guy in a pickup came speeding up to the site apparently digging for something and did the following.
A. Almost hit a cop
B. Jerked the wheel
C. Went off of the road
D. Rammed my car hard
E. Pushed my hard cases into the seat ahead of them breaking it and then sending the cases into the windshield
H. The cop took the grand in his pocket gave it to me for the damages then his insurance info.
I. He got arrested.

The cop said “I never seen a pickup fly like that before.” I never even talked to that guy. I saw the pickup coming so I jumped the fence and luckily I did. The guy was cuffed and put into one of the cop cars. The only thing I can think of was the guy was drunk.
</div></div>
that some crazy crap right there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use soft cases for the rifles that do not have scopes or I do not care about. If the rifle costs a lot of cash I always use a hard case unless I am going to be holding it in the car. I have a few starline cases and some pelican storm cases.
A. Almost hit a cop
B. Jerked the wheel
C. Went off of the road
D. Rammed my car hard
I. He got arrested.

</div></div>

Reasons like this that I like to use hardshell no matter what.. and I don't even have nearly as much into rifles as you guys do yet. Someday, but not yet.

Pelican 1750 is on the list for one of my next purchases.

I have a few airline rated metal hard cases, but after owning a few pelican products im keen to switch to their long rifle cases.

Just got a Pelican / Storm iM3300 fits my Savage Precision Carbine with several inches extra on each end. (plus 3 mags, bipod, extras...). Bombproof but heavy.

Still need to find a case or drag bag for the 51+" Savage 110 BA...

I just got a Eberlestock Drag Bag last week and their scope/crown cover set. Really like it, very nice build quality and great features/storage.

For my AR I have the Eberlestock Gunslinger II and love it as well. They make GREAT products!

Black-X Damn you guys said:
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/blush.gif[/img]

Think these guys are bad. My wife works at Natchez. I stay broke.:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShaggyDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got a Pelican / Storm iM3300 fits my Savage Precision Carbine with several inches extra on each end. (plus 3 mags, bipod, extras...). Bombproof but heavy.

Still need to find a case or drag bag for the 51+" Savage 110 BA...</div></div>

I got a pretty decent deal on a Tac Force drag bag that fits the 110 BA... its snug, but it works. I have the longer buttpad installed, and have to dial it all the way closed to make it fit. Tac Force closed up shop, so they are hard to find. Best deal I could find was through Roper Supply.

+1 on the eagle mat/backpack they work great. I quit carrying my pelican due to its just so heavy and bulky but still cant beat it for traveling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Amric</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a great deal

Kahaki

blush.gif
</div></div>

</div></div>

I can get this taken care of for you. PM sent.

I called back the following day, and got a much nicer person. He agreed to send me the straps. It took around two weeks to get them, but in the end, they stood by their product.

I wish I would have gotten the name of the first person I talked to.

Thanks for the offer to help out. It's good to know there are people out there who will help out a stranger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Amric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called back the following day, and got a much nicer person. He agreed to send me the straps. It took around two weeks to get them, but in the end, they stood by their product.

I wish I would have gotten the name of the first person I talked to.

Thanks for the offer to help out. It's good to know there are people out there who will help out a stranger. </div></div>

Anytime my friend. I do not work for Natchez but my wife and my best friend both do and I know one of the owners personally as well. They do not want bad publicity and will do whatever it takes to make something right within reason.

1750 pelican for hard case. Condor for soft case. Check out rainierarms.com for condors. I bet the owner has some 1750s layin around too, but you have to email them for that.

I'm using a Pelican 1750 (Christmas) for my .308 and a Boyt H51 (50% off sale at local shop) for my M96 Windrunner. Love them both but really heavy. I also have an SKB case thats just waiting for my next purchase.

I recently purchased a pelican case on amazon. think it ran around $200. Also spent $30 on a hot wire foam cutter to shape the foam. I love the case. Heavy as hell and durable, so it's probably not what most people want, but I'm using it for transporting back and forth to the range, not real life tactical situations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">see if natchez has any more eagle db's left on sale. I currently have a few starlight cases, they are tough as nails, honestly they stay in the basement most of the time. I have been running a Tac Ops DB, it has not let me down one bit, I run the eagle scope/crown cover usually as well, just a little over precautious . I recently bought an Eagle HSRC, and their normal DB, they seem good to go, and the price was right. If they weren't marked down almost 50% i would have bought another Tac Op's though.

GL in your search

EDIT:

Kahaki

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camocorvette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah i dont know why Natchez was selling the Eagle case so cheap but i had to pounce on it. I am very glad i did </div></div>

HSRC here I come. sucks it in black, but beggers cant be choosers. Esp for over a $150 dollar saving.

Thanks for the link guy.

I have and been using the Eagle DB-BS bag/mat, but it is too small for my frame and too small for my AICS stock. It works perfect for the smaller M40A1 stock tho. I mainly wanted a larger bag/mat combo to keep all my stuf out of the dirt, like ammo, shooting log, wind meter, etc.

Soft bags are soooooo much easier to transport around than hard cases. and the added mat option is all winning
smile.gif

Regards,
DT

I recently ordered an OPMOD drag bag from dvor.com for $54.99. I think it is $65 on opticsplanet. I was pleasantly surprised in the quality for that price.

picked up the eagle case from natchez the other day, thanks for the heads up. FYI they said they only had 3 left and I bought one so... If you want one, now is the time.

I use the Sniper drag bag from Midwayusa, they're on sale now and of decent quality. Since i just needed a range bag i took off most of the extra straps for backpack carrying and just left the main sling.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=939171584

It carries two guns so it fits my AICS stocked Remington 700 5r with 24" barrel and my Anschutz along with their scopes. Makes for a ridiculously heavy bag tho.

Just to add to what many others have said...Pelican or Storm hard case is best for rough handling and/or long trips. With hard cases recommend you don't go cheap as you will likely regret it and the case will not provide the protection you need when you need it. Buy once, cry once. For soft case or bag, hard to beat the Eagle or Galati bags that you can use for multiple applications, such as drag bag/multi gun rifle bag/shooting mat. The soft bags also work well to throw inside a Pelican or Storm hardcase, as you then have the hard protection for a long or rough trip, then you have the bag to carry into the field.

pelican hard and tac-ops soft.