• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What round is this?

mxnyk160

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2018
Hello- I was on the Genesis Arms website a few mins ago and there was a link to the FRAC website ( Firearms Regulatory Accountability Coalition) and the image at the bottom caught my eye. I don't know how to send the picture since it wants me to save it as a webpage. Their site is fracaction.org and the picture is at the bottom, what sort of round is it? Thanks

That would explain why I have never seen such a thing. Wouldn't the design be based off something?

562D29AE-2DD7-43D1-8F3E-E4D5D1AE3222.jpeg

Yep, simple 3D render. I don’t think the model was intended to be rendered so close as there’s still some faceting around the rim. This kind of stuff is pretty common in the 3D world. A lot of artists will build assets from detailed images or diagrams, or sometimes with access to the physical object.*Then there are guys who get stuck with “hey, make some bullets!” without any other guidance or knowledge. So you get weird seating depths/bullet profile/primers.

*I once worked on a Lexus hybrid commercial back in the ‘00s where we disassembled the vehicle into a cloud of parts, then reassembled it to form the hybrid. The modelers had the vehicle and all of the parts on the lot to just walk out and measure/inspect for reference; really helped get every detail mostly accurate.

Oh shit, found the commercial!