• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What round to kill an Osama?

Re: What round to kill an Osama?

Frankly, too, I'm a little surprised at all of you.

Really?

I mean, it's been over 24 hours... and I'm the first person to ask "What round?"

You guys are an embarrassment to the gun community.
wink.gif

Could have been 45 ACP from the Sig. . . .

but I figger the Mk-18/M-4 was the weapon of choice for the day.

I would like to think one of our guys got him, but it was probably a new suicide bomber practicing.

They obviously forgot to mention Location, Location, Location!

What do the Pakis shoot, 7.62x39 or 9mm?

If it happened like our news reports say, I would guess 5.56 but we'll probably never know for sure.

Would be cool if it was a 1911,since it`s the 100th anniversary

Personally, I wish they would've blown his head off with a Barrett .50 cal.

they saved me the brass......i'll inform the unwashed when i get the de-brief......stand by

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CQB wise, they use a 70gr Barnes TSX round at least for 5.56 </div></div>

Very interesting! Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they saved me the brass......i'll inform the unwashed when i get the de-brief......stand by </div></div>

why was i not alerted?..............

well, on Sunday night, when Chuck Norris and I were tea bagging UBL, I realized that my 6.5mm round created a perfect whole to drop my large nutsack into his head, and made it surprisingly easy to displace brain matter and blood dripping from my ballsack to his wife's mouth.... in the near future I will be providing my helmet cam video with superb first person point of view footage of this event...

I was hoping for a dull spoon dipped in sausage gravy, but I'd settle for anything.

I suspect LL is correct 5.56 brown tip.

Obviously they breached the house using 375H&H magnums...

Well they haven't released photos yet as far as I'm aware, so maybe it really was a cheese grater and a bottle of lemon juice that got him.

ouch.

Its almost a requirement that it be a completely obscure round. Every time someone important is shot, the caliber is usually off the wall.

It was Bullet Bill. He made quite a dent from what I understand. Well done Bill, well done.

bullet_bill.png

I just hope that SEAL operative that killed Bin Laden had the common sense to save all of his spent brass for two reasons.

1) Brass is getting expensive, and

2) So when he goes to the bar, he can slam down the empty casing on a table and say, "F**k your coins, this is the round that killed Osama; all you Mo-Frankies owe me a drink!"

Happened at close quarters inside a concrete block building on the second floor.

A common Seal side arm is a Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm. Guess not a 'backup' so maybe one of the 'primaries' like: Colt's Mk 18, Knight's Armament SR-25, or M4.

Could be a new 'primary' gun did not know was in service "the Colt CM901 carbine chambered in 7.62" or maybe "it was Gold Squadron who conducted the primary attack– DEVGRU’s premier assault team — and that operators were also likely carrying the Heckler and Koch MP7 submachine gun chambered in 4.6x30mm." Both are speculated initially then there is a thread of comments now saying it was the HK416 minutes ago at:

http://kitup.military.com/2011/05/the-weapons-that-killed-bin-laden.html

No idea yet and look forward to knowing caliber of the 'controlled pair' of shots to take him out. They should sell lots - is said many people want the same gun.

Rumor Has It – Updated
Actually, a very good most excellent source has it that Osama bin Ladin was brought to justice with a 7.62 5.56 weapon. In fact, I was told it was a Colt CM901. Well the whole 901 bit turned out to be a bad piece of info, but from a good source. However, UBL was gunned down using German engineering – the HK416 which was my gut feeling from the very beginning. This is confirmed to the point that I feel comfortable updating this story. Ultimately, as my readers have pointed out, it doesn’t matter what got him so long as he is dead.

Good hunting boys…

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/05/03/rumor-has-it/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flopduster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rumor Has It – Updated
Actually, a very good most excellent source has it that Osama bin Ladin was brought to justice with a 7.62 5.56 weapon. In fact, I was told it was a Colt CM901. Well the whole 901 bit turned out to be a bad piece of info, but from a good source. However, UBL was gunned down using German engineering – the HK416 which was my gut feeling from the very beginning. This is confirmed to the point that I feel comfortable updating this story. Ultimately, as my readers have pointed out, it doesn’t matter what got him so long as he is dead.

Good hunting boys…

</div></div>

Why did they shoot him? couldn't they have taken him alive so we could have some long awaited fun?

I would vote for 7.62 in the event they needed power to penetrate an obstruction. They were going in the compound with little intel, so using "plenty" would cover their bases better.

One that kills people gets my vote....

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boltstop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frankly, too, I'm a little surprised at all of you.

Really?

I mean, it's been over 24 hours... and I'm the first person to ask "What round?"

You guys are an embarrassment to the gun community.
wink.gif
</div></div>

I can't believe no one has asked where is Osama's AK.....

I can't believe nobody asked where his wife is, or at least asked for pics of her in the Bear Pit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flopduster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rumor Has It – Updated

</div></div>

Best post there:
<span style="font-weight: bold">"What killed him? An American. Anything else was a tool."</span>

Actually I say kidney failure a few years back. Even when the world trade centers were hit he was on dialysis and he went to an American hospital to get checked. He was given 5 year to live max.