• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What scope are you running on you 22?

Slug-O

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2008
Jacksonville FLORIDA
I had an extra NF 3.5X15 in the safe so I put it on. Worked great till it broke.. It's in for repair right now. Damn 22lr recoil!!!
A0345910-D78D-4CAC-B3DC-D407DAEB2A06_zpshbjdz4ft.jpg

Your rifle looks badass slug-O, is it the 452? who did the paint job?
Falcon 4-14x44 on my Savage tr and March 3-24x42 is on the way for the 455

SS 10x42 MRAD on my 10/22. Was able to break some clay pidgeons at 300 yards the other day, no problem - 11.5 mils of elevation and 2 mils of wind at 4-5 MPH - just like 1000 yard with a 308.

My "go to" rimfire scope has been the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 V-Plex Wide. Good travel on the turrets. Just the right amount of magnification and thin enough reticule. Unfortunately, that model was a CameralndNY distributor exclusive for a steal of a price. However they do have open box DEMO units of the BDC and Mil Dot reticules available:

Vortex - Camera Land NY

or if you want 50mm Objective lense

Vortex - Camera Land NY

If money is no object also look at the SFP 6-24x50 PST's. DEMO units also available and at steal for $630!

Vortex - Camera Land NY

My Precious now wears a Viper PST:

Unertl Programmer 200 32X

junker-1_zps8ec810b8.jpg

Now there's something you don't see everyday! I have a few vintage scopes similar to that, but not quite a programmer. I also have a Leupold Vari X 3 on my MPR, a 10x SWFA on my custom .22, a Nikon on my Volquartsen. All work just fine, especially on .22 rimfire rifles.

Leupold Mark AR 4-12x40

Good so far.

IMO I haven't found any reason for shooting 22rf beyond 100 yards. Anything that won't group better than 0.60 MoA beyond 100y isn't anything I'm interested in shooting beyond 100y. And I haven't found a 22rf that will shoot much better than 1" @100y

SO why dump tons of $$$ into a 22rf scope?

Last edited:
I'm using a Weaver 3-9x 32mm. Its cost effective, lightweight and is capable of focus inside of 10meters. Paired with with a lightweight fluted aluminum shroud bull barrel and volquartsen trigger, makes a handy sub 4lb game getter. Shoots inside an inch @ 50meters. Everything a 10/22 should be.

Bushnell Tactical 3-12 and 6-24 are on most of my rimfires. They are excellent with the G2 reticle. FFP, compact size, light weight, mil/mil/ffp, parallax down to 10yds on the 3-12 and 25yds on the 6-24. No zero stop, and clicks aren't quite as nice as a vortex, but I can forgive that for correct parallax on my rimfire's and slightly better glass.

I have been threw many: Zeiss Divari 6-24 (didn't have enough elevation, not FFP), PMII 5-25 (too big and heavy), NXS (parallax would not correct in some conditions at 50yds, not FFP), Vortex Razor 5-20 (too big, small eyebox), Hensoldt 4-16 mil dot (great scope however I thought I needed a reticle that allowed for better hold overs and a more precise aiming point, heavy).

I "think" I have settled on a HDMR Tremor2: it is a great reticle for precise hold overs, good glass, good eye box, good price point, locking turrets (5 mil non ZS), very precise tracking, so far the parallax has been able to correct properly. The Tremor2 has the open center with the dot for very precise aiming if I want to shoot small groups at 50yds, but the G2 is a very fine reticle and I am trying that one too...

I have a bad case of firearm ADD fueled by OCD, it creates problems ;)

Swfa ss 16 x 42 mrad

For the price, can't beat the SWFA Super Snipers....changed over from MILDOT to MRAD for the increased verticle hold overs....

c7414oq.jpg

Running a leupold VX II 4-12x40 leupold dot on my 455....
No cool pictures at this time.....

a 4.5x14 Leupy , with target knobs , on My Kidd Charger pistol and a 6.5x20 MK-4 Leupy , on my Kidd 10/22 rifle , they get the job done !

Unertl Programmer 200 32X

junker-1_zps8ec810b8.jpg

sick,sick,sick, a Dbl barrel 22lr; LOL
scope longer then th rifle
just joking,i like the old school combo.
i get a small lesson, on some of the old stuff match rifle's, at a locale shop, by the onwer,
who is a wealth of knowledge, every time i stop in.
post up some groups from that beast if you get time
Thanks yote

Slug O how far you plan on shooting
match the scope to you far dis. target
most shooters at the TSC use at least a 14x are more.
i use a much looked over scope nikon buckmaster 6x18, has not let me down yet?

Last edited:
sick,sick,sick, a Dbl barrel 22lr; LOL
scope longer then th rifle
just joking,i like the old school combo.
i get a small lesson, on some of the old stuff match rifle's, at a locale shop, by the onwer,
who is a wealth of knowledge, every time i stop in.
post up some groups from that beast if you get time
Thanks yote

Slug O how far you plan on shooting
match the scope to you far dis. target
most shooters at the TSC use at least a 14x are more.
i use a much looked over scope nikon buckmaster 6x18, has not let me down yet?

This is the best prone 200 yard group I have shot with it. I shot it at the Missouri River Shooter's Assoc. range in Great Falls MT. I was not shooting for score, just holding dead center and not compensating for the wind. I was trying a new batch of Lapua ammo and wanted to see how it would group at 200 yards.

group_zps6882a2ce.jpg

I'm running S&B 3-20x50 in a AI 28 moa mount on my Anschutz 1827F.

I had a lucky shot today!!! 354Y cold bore hit on a 10" round steel plate in 10+ mph winds. 16.1 mils dialed on and held off 2.5 mils. Of course we won't talk about the other 9 shots that danced around the steel, haha.

I'm running S&B 3-20x50 in a AI 28 moa mount on my Anschutz 1827F.

I had a lucky shot today!!! 354Y cold bore hit on a 10" round steel plate in 10+ mph winds. 16.1 mils dialed on and held off 2.5 mils. Of course we won't talk about the other 9 shots that danced around the steel, haha.

Ok Steve you have been told no more picture, of that damm sexy rig. LOL
looks great. way to go on stretching her legs out

Primary Arms 4-14X44 Mil/Mil FFP on a Savage MKII FVSR. I don't think you can do better on a scope anywhere near $230. I use QD mounts so I can drop it right on my AR or 308.

Simmons WTC 6.5-20x50 w/ AO

99% of the time I have it on 20x, shot a standing-only match with it (silly-wets at 50 yards) on 6.5 once, second time I shot that match I used my Mossy 44 w/ peeps

Knowing what I know now, I would've gotten a fixed power higher magnification scope. If you gave me the $ today to replace it I'd get a Weaver T-24 or -36.

The reticle is better in the BSA Tactical 4-14 offered on midway.

What I'm running on my FV-SR. BV in 17hm2, and J. Bunting bullpup have leftover Centerpoint 4-16s, new Charger might get a Millet LRS-1 mounted to it just for laughs, but will probably go BSA MIL/MIL or Primary Arms MIL/MIL since I no longer live in TX.

Your rifle looks badass slug-O, is it the 452? who did the paint job?
Falcon 4-14x44 on my Savage tr and March 3-24x42 is on the way for the 455

Sorry I missed your post. Yes it is a 452 and I had the stock locally dipped and everything coated also. Thanks, slug-o