• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What scope are you running on you 22?

S&B 12-50 on my 40X.

I didn't realize S&B had a DT knob including the yellow flags for the 2cnd rev on the windage turret, interesting.

I sure wish they'd build one of those with .1 clicks in the FFP version!!!

Very cool setup BTW but I'd expect nothing less from you.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397691136.185239.jpg

I've been running the Tasco Mil-Dot Target/Varmint 6-24x42 AO scope for the last six years. Haven't had the weather to tweak it and me, to my new stock just yet, but I have no complaints.

I use a 4-16x50 S&B Classic series, that is FFP with a nr 1 reticle and low hunting style target knobs, a very nice, clear scope that only has about 6 mils worth of travel but still is perhaps the best I have yet to use on a 22LR for hunting and killing things. /Chris

Optics on 22's

I am impressed with the high quality optics you guys are mounting on your 22's. You clearly take your rimfire shooting more seriously than I ever did. I have a little Sightron BRII 36x on my Remington and a el cheapo BSA 6-24x mil-dot on my Winchester model 52. Both function quite well but neither are even remotely equivalent to Schmidt & Bender or Night Force, etc. But, as you can see from the 5 shot group fired at 50yds, they have not hampered the performance of the guns too much.

Irish

Attachments

• Win Mod 52 Pre-Ac.jpg
    Win Mod 52 Pre-Ac.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Rem Mod 540XR match tgt c.jpg
    Rem Mod 540XR match tgt c.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 5shots 50yds 0.128 c.jpg
    5shots 50yds 0.128 c.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 14
I just ordered a CZ455 Lux in .22 WMR, which, due to the insane hunting regs on the local military reservation, we're going to use to hunt hogs (only rimfire is allowed, so we'll be going for brain shots).

What scope and rings would be good, without breaking the bank? Would like to get something for $250 or less with an illuminated reticle.

Thanks!

Would like to get something for $250 or less with an illuminated reticle.

I'd use these rings, size High, if you end up with a scope with a 1" tube: Leupold 1 Ring Mounts Rimfire 11mm Grooved Receiver Gloss. I've used them to mount a Leupold MarkAR 4-12 x 40AO on a 455 Varmint, and a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 x 50AO on a 455 American. I don't, however, think you're going to find a scope worth buying with the features you listed at that price. (MHO, of course... ;) )

Now there's something you don't see everyday! I have a few vintage scopes similar to that, but not quite a programmer. I also have a Leupold Vari X 3 on my MPR, a 10x SWFA on my custom .22, a Nikon on my Volquartsen. All work just fine, especially on .22 rimfire rifles.

I see mine everyday, but my USMC 40X has a Super Target Spot on it. :)

I have an US Optics SN3 Tpal 3.2x17 atop my CZ 455 build. It's sitting in medium Badger rings on a DIP 25moa rail. This combo gets me out to 400 yds with the dials using Norma 22 TAC. It does well but but am thinking I want some more power and can do without the FFP on this rig.

_MG_1381_zps50ad5c2a.jpg

SWFA 10x on my Savage MK II TR. Nothing fancy, but it works-I was hitting a small steel IDPA target at 250 yards just the other day with it. It's fun as well as little challenging.

Leupold FX1 rimfire 4x and two Nikon Prostaff rimfire 4x's. I still haven't built a "trainer" yet, and I love me a fixed four power on my scoped hunting/target rifles ;)

etu9uzyt.jpg
Primary arms 4-16. Hope to successfully take it out to 200 and 400 yds tomorrow

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

I am using a Bushnell 3200 10x Tactical mil/mil that I picked up form Midway on sale for $119 delivered after a Bushy rebate. I like it except for the fact that is has no parallax adjustment. I would have opted for a SWFA SS 10x if I didn't get such a deal on the Bushy. I use the Burris Signiture scope rings because they don't scratch the scope and the inserts give me an extra 20moa without having to buy another rail. I have a Nikon Prostaff 4x32 with the same rings to use if I want to plick at close targets.

SAvageMKII_FVSR_zps7feae70f.jpg

This is the best prone 200 yard group I have shot with it. I shot it at the Missouri River Shooter's Assoc. range in Great Falls MT. I was not shooting for score, just holding dead center and not compensating for the wind. I was trying a new batch of Lapua ammo and wanted to see how it would group at 200 yards.

group_zps6882a2ce.jpg

"That'll do pig, that'll do."

I am really surprised that more people don't use Weaver scopes. I have been running a T36 on my Kimber 82G Star...

And a Classic V Series 6-24 on my Kimber SVT...

and they both are awesome scopes. Very clear glass and can focus down to very short distances. Track extremely well too. I do own some "High End" optics that I compare them to and I can always see more than my buddies down range.

I have a Weaver 10T on my 40x, soon to be replaced by a Lyman 12x once I get time enough to source the rear block. Both of my Annies have SWFA 3-15x42s on them, but I am considering the NF 2.5-10x42 for the 1517. It's a dedicated hunting rifle, and I want quality and illuminated for dusk/nighttime use in a simple setup along with close parallax capability (25yd), just a bit hard to pay double for the scope than I did for the rifle!

Leupold Mark AR 3-9x with a Firedot TMR reticle. The fixed parallax has been turned down to 60 yards. Good varmint hunting scope but not so much for precision paper punching.

That Fortner looks great with an S&B on it.

My Annies just have Leupy 6.5-20 (target dot reticles) on 'em.

From all the post here
one thing stands out to me.. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH IT.
hunters seem to like the lower power,2x7/3x9
paper shooters lean to the higher power 25x plus.and 2nd FP
tactical trainers what as close to there big rigs in 1st FP
so to my thinking (2 cent's) buy the best you can afford
run what you got an hope you got enuff