• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What scope is everyone running for elr

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    Just curious what everyone is running scope wise for elr or even what you wish you could run

What you run and what you wish you could run are two different things lol

what I run,

NF ATACR
    Athlon Cronus BTR
    Burris XTRII
    Sightron SIII

What I wish I could run

Tangent Theta
    ZCO
    Yes i know the meaning. I should re word it i guess as what do you run? And second what do you wish you could have.

No i didnt start this for future buys or what to buy. Just honestly curious to see what everyone is running for there set up kind of like a survey and see the different set up. The variety or if there is 1 or 2 scopes that are more ect.

Reactions: NateSavannah
    No i didnt start this for future buys or what to buy. Just honestly curious to see what everyone is running for there set up kind of like a survey and see the different set up. The variety or if there is 1 or 2 scopes that are more ect.
    Tangent Theta
    ZCO
    NF ATACR
    Vortex Razor
    Athlon Cronus BTR
    SB PMII
    These will be your top contenders

Followed by,

Burris XTRII/III
    Vortex Viper Gen II
    Athlon ETR
    NX8
    Mk5
    SWFA
    several others

Last edited:
    Tangent Theta
    ZCO
    NF ATACR
    Vortex Razor

These will be your top contenders
    Yes i agree on that. But like the guy a few spots up said he ran a athlon ares gen 2 so its interesting to me to see all guys and prices ranges i know everyone cant afford those top 3 haha

I have ran -
    Vortex pst gen 1
    athlon midas tac
    Steiner military 5 trmor 2
    Athlon etr
    Athlon cronus
    Bushnell xrs2

Reactions: lash
    Steiner cronus and xrs2 have been the best glass wise. But those midas tac pack a punch for money and the etr was very impressive but glass was lacking compared to cronus which it should

Reactions: lash
    What I currently run:
    Leupold MK 5HD (7-35 Tremor3)
    Leica PRS (5-30 PRB reticle)
    What I have run and still use:
    Bushnell XRS II (4.5-30 H59)
    SWFA 5-20 HD Mil-Quad reticle
    Athlon Ares BTR (4.5-27)
    Burris Signature (6-24 mil dot) way back in the ‘90s
    What I would like to try:
    Zero Compromise
    Tangent Theta
    Schmidt and Bender

Reactions: Highbrass
    Which was your favorite and why?
    The steiner m5 was best glass and features but only a 3 15 50 and started shooting farther needed more power. But the cronus btr was my favorite overall great glass reticles are nice just turrets mushy and wind turret wasnt covered. The bushnell xrs2 is great for features like locking turret and elevation turret clicks are great but i got the h59 and not a huge fan of that reticle so far. So far id pick the cronus

Reactions: SDBguy95
    What I currently run:
    Leupold MK 5HD (7-35 Tremor3)
    Leica PRS (5-30 PRB reticle)
    What I have run and still use:
    Bushnell XRS II (4.5-30 H59)
    SWFA 5-20 HD Mil-Quad reticle
    Athlon Ares BTR (4.5-27)
    Burris Signature (6-24 mil dot) way back in the ‘90s
    What I would like to try:
    Zero Compromise
    Tangent Theta
    Schmidt and Bender
    What had been your overall favorite

What had been your overall favorite
    I would give the edge to the Leupold MK 5 with a close second to the Leica. I Really like the Tremor 3 reticle but I absolutely love the floating circle aim point on the Leica.
    Value play would be the Bushnell XRS II and Athlon in that order. IMO

I would give the edge to the Leupold MK 5 with a close second to the Leica. I Really like the Tremor 3 reticle but I absolutely love the floating circle aim point on the Leica.
    I almost bought a leupold mark 5hd

It's going to be somewhat subjective, I sent back an MK5 because it wasn't "as good" as my XTR3. Details in recent posts.

Just got my ZCO - if the XTR3 is a C7 Z06 Vette, this is a Ferrari 488. Better performance is a given, but it's a whole other level in terms of feel, fit and finish, etc. I definitely don't need anything this nice for shooting.

Just got my ZCO - if the XTR3 is a C7 Z06 Vette, this is a Ferrari 488. Better performance is a given, but it's a whole other level in terms of feel, fit and finish, etc. I definitely don't need anything this nice for shooting.
    Well send it to me then haha glad it holds up to its name and price

Well send it to me then haha glad it holds up to its name and price

I put it right back in the box to think about it. I wouldn't send it back, but if you see it in the PX you know I deemed myself unworthy :D

It's going to be somewhat subjective, I sent back an MK5 because it wasn't "as good" as my XTR3. Details in recent posts.
    Yeah. That’s the thing about these scope threads. There are so many variables and individual, preferences.
    I might make it a point to look at the XTR III for my 224 Valkyrie. Before I bought the Leupold and Leica, I had a NF ATACR, MK5, Leica, and a Schmidt PM II That I compared. The Leupold had the best eye box and sharpest image to me. The Leica had the best color rendition. The NF and Schmidt were not the value that the others were. I’m not a “poor”, but I used to be, and still have that “value” mentality. At the end of the day, these two where what tripped my trigger.

Reactions: Killer Deal
    Yeah. That’s the thing about these scope threads. There are so many variables and individual, preferences.
    I might make it a point to look at the XTR III for my 224 Valkyrie. Before I bought the Leupold and Leica, I had a NF ATACR, MK5, Leica, and a Schmidt PM II That I compared. The Leupold had the best eye box and sharpest image to me. The Leica had the best color rendition. The NF and Schmidt were not the value that the others were. I’m not a “poor”, but I used to be, and still have that “value” mentality. At the end of the day, these two where what tripped my trigger.
    Yes everyone has a different out look on the glass. Me and my friend we have totally different eyes he says scope A is better i say scope B is better actually pretty crazy to see how everyones eyes are different. But this isnt suppose to be a this scope that scope or what scope should i buy. It is just a thread i was trying to start for everyone to share what they are using. Guess im bored stuck in the house for a few weeks thought it would be interesting to see what ever one is running besides the big articles and top shooters

We’ve had great luck with the Vortex Gen II Razor 4.5-27x56 MRADs, two of them mount on 80 moa rails and being pounded by 375s since 2017 and another mounted on a Warner 416 pushing the 550s at 3102 fps. they all been getting pounded with good recoil and have been preforming very well.

Hopefully you will find something you like as well.

oneshot.onehit

I've got a couple Vortex Razor Gen IIs and a Steiner M7. The Steiner is on my 300 and I love it. It is an amazing piece of equipment. I like the Rzors too, and they are a great value, just not as nice as the Steiner :)

I'm trying to decide right now what I'm going to put on my new 375 build. Believe it or not, I'm awfully tempted to put a Tract on it. I bought their spotter, and it is far better the price tag would dictate. The only thing holding me back from their ELR scope is that it has a xmas tree retical in it, and I prefer a cleaner reticle for ELR.

I've got a couple Vortex Razor Gen IIs and a Steiner M7. The Steiner is on my 300 and I love it. It is an amazing piece of equipment. I like the Rzors too, and they are a great value, just not as nice as the Steiner :)

I'm trying to decide right now what I'm going to put on my new 375 build. Believe it or not, I'm awfully tempted to put a Tract on it. I bought their spotter, and it is far better the price tag would dictate. The only thing holding me back from their ELR scope is that it has a xmas tree retical in it, and I prefer a cleaner reticle for ELR.
    I agree the more i shoot long range i like the simple tree reticles or just a clean floating dot and .2 wind holds since i dial for everything. I had some tract binos the 12.5x50 and they were awesome great glass for the money.

Started with Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25 (still have it) Because of the Price

Upgraded to a Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 (Still have it) Because I wanted something with better glass

Currently Using ZCO ZC527 5-27 (Loving it) Because Mike at MHSA let me play with one and at distance the clarity really does make a difference

Reactions: CSTactical
    I agree the more i shoot long range i like the simple tree reticles or just a clean floating dot and .2 wind holds since i dial for everything.

I have to admit that like the 1-mil (.1 mil detents) offset in the Steiner because it allows me to:

1) Range
    2) Measure the misses

It's one of the reasons I'm considering the ATACR with the Mil C, though for this, I prefer the upside down L shape of the MSR2 vs. the inverted T in the NF.

I recently went shopping and spent my kid's inheritance. I got a Zero Compromise ZC527 with the MPCT3 reticle. I decided I was worth it, you only live once. Compared it to the Nightforce and the Kahles for 30 minutes on a tripod in the parking lot before buying. After zeroing on paper at 100 yards (new Accuracy International AXSR .300 Win Mag) we headed over to the long distance range. Ding on the second shot at 650 yards and many, many thereafter on a windy day. I like the Nightforce scope that is on my Armalite AR-10 (.308) although it is now 10 years old and Mil-Dot, so I should have a pretty good comparison going soon now.

CJ

What else have you compared that burris xtr3 too? Ive heard alot about it being really good

Just curious what everyone is running scope wise for elr or even what you wish you could run
    The Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 F1 is my beginning ELR scope, it's pretty nice and has gotten me out to 1350 with my RPR 6.5 Creedmoor.

Reactions: KiloGolf
    Which one you liked the best? I have not had a chance to look threw a maven yet
    Maven is good glass short in length i like that i wish they had better plex selections . Sn9 Has lots of travel but a pain in the ass to install not that great of glass .burris is my favorite but not enough travel with it had more. Maven is the best fit for most applications.

How is that cross compared to the cronus btr if you ever had a chance to see it? I hated the cross in the cronus btr
    I personaly like everything about the burris xtr3 wish it weighed a few oz less. And was shorter but its great other then that.

What else have you compared that burris xtr3 too? Ive heard alot about it being really good
    Look at my posts from the last 2-3 wks, I tried some notables in the price range and gave some thoughts. XTR3 was my favorite for the ~2K bracket.

Look at my posts from the last 2-3 wks, I tried some notables in the price range and gave some thoughts. XTR3 was my favorite for the ~2K bracket.

I've considered getting an XTR3, but I prefer a floating dot center vs the + center that the three reticles available to the XTR3 have.