• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What semi auto 308

The POF AR10s I’ve shot were more tame than my old LMT MWS...when I went back to an AR10...went to a POF...

LMTs are a bit overgassed. Specifically with a suppressor.

Anyone have info on the SA Saint Victor 308 regarding accuracy and reliability? I'm interested in a lighter weight AR-10 like the victor, and my research seems to indicate its pretty solid for what it is and at the sub $1500 price point.

The new Sig 716 Tread looks good...it has a 16" rifle gas setup...with a better handguard attachment and ambi controls... $1299 MSRP so street price probably...$1100

I just got my Barrett REC10 in. I have not shot it yet, but this thing has me impressed for the $2,300 I paid for it. Excellent handguard, lightweight barrel with threads and a nut that clamps the gas block. Bolt looks quality, and the cam pin is a bearing type. Ambidextrous controls that feel very good.

Balance point when empty is somewhere inside the magazine well. Gun is just over 8 pounds dry.

It's a mil spec, chrome lined steel barrel, and has a basic mil spec trigger. I've heard guys get .75 MOA with match loads from these. I didn't buy it to make beautiful groups.

What surprises me the most is that it feels like an AR-15. I really expected this thing to feel like a longer, girthier, heavier gun, and it doesn't. It feels like a nice AR-15.

My buddy just received a Recce 10. I haven't weighed it but he stated that it was 8 lbs dry also, but it felt lighter then that. My LMT MWS comes in at 8.7 lbs and is acceptable but the Barrett felt exceptional. The lightest 7.62 that I had felt prior to that was a co-workers LaRue PredAtober. Not sure which is lighter. The Barrett shot well just sighting it in. Haven't shot groups yet. He was using 175 g SMK's. What ammuntion are you using for .75 moa?

As far as a gasser, I myself would choose Gucci. For me my choice would be LMT MWS, KAC SR25 or Noveske. To be included into consideration would be LaRue, Barrett, POF USA

The LMT's are exceptional. While they can be a little heavy, that can be changed with options and customization. Newest LMT offerings are on par with comperable KAC and other lighter weight offerings. However platforms do exist that are even lighter.

Choose accordingly on how you intend to use the rifle

Last edited:

https%3A//i.imgur.com/s03hVUj.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/8QWeP49.jpg[/img]']
https%3A//i.imgur.com/s03hVUj.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/DuSIlCQ.jpg[/img]']

My buddy just received a Recce 10. I haven't weighed it but he stated that it was 8 lbs dry also, but it felt lighter then that. My LMT MWS comes in at 8.7 lbs and is exceptable but the Barrett felt exceptional. The lightest 7.62 that I had felt prior to that was a co-workers LaRue PredAtober. Not sure which is lighter. The Barrett shot well just sighting it in. Haven't shot groups yet. He was using 175 g SMK's. What ammuntion are you using for .75 moa?

As far as a gasser, I myself would choose Gucci. For me my choice would be LMT MWS, KAC SR25 or Noveske. To be included into consideration would be LaRue, Barrett, POF USA

The LMT's are exceptional. While they can be a little heavy, that can be changed with options and customization. Newest LMT offerings are on par with comperable KAC and other lighter weight offerings. However platforms do exist that are even lighter.

Choose accordingly on how you intend to use the rifle.

I was sighting the rifle in using 168gr FGMM (SMK's). For shooting staring into the sun, resting off a piece of packing foam with no bag, I was happy for what it was.

I think the LMT MWS is 10 pounds dry. They were a contender when I was looking at AR-10's but I couldn't get past the weight. Very good guns but I don't need another two pounds in my gun for a quick change barrel that I'm not going to use.

Had a MWS and an early POF 308 Edge. A few years ago I needed cash : a) prefered the POF, especially suppressed and b)the LMT was more popular so fetched more so off it went. The POF hasn't hiccuped in many years and I'd argue the recoil isn't at all snappy, but then it's not a light gun.
When I bought another AR 10 I considered LMT again along with some others but went with a 7lb POF Revolution instead.
I consider the old POF a bench and range gun, the Revolution as a harder hitting AR15 for toting around. Might look similar in pics, but they are a world apart in size weight and handling:
Edge:

VOrF8Q.jpg

Revolution:
VOrhGy.jpg

Reactions: long range sponge
Agree. I consider the full size POF as a DMR vs a run n’ gun platform.