• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What should I engrave on my lower? Saying, picture, etc.?

BenY 2013

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
SW Arkansas
I have 90% of all my AR components ready, all I need is a complete bcg, gas block and gas tube. I ended up ordering a WOA barrel and have to say the machining of it is top notch! So now that I am close to assembly I need to get my lower engraved(not serial #, it was a "blank" lower from PSA with nothing but the serial # engraved). I am going to engrave on the right side of the magwell. I want thoughts from you guys! Sayings, bible verses, quotes, pictures, symbols, emblems, etc. whatever comes to mind! My grandfather was in the 104th Timberwolves in WW2, really considering something similar to their emblem to remember him. Also the gun is going to be geared towards longer range precision shooting, if that matters any! So lets see what you guys come up with! Have fun and thank you!

Ben

Here's some of my dust covers...can always be replaced for resale, whereas engraving the lower is permanent

I have no plans to ever part with this rifle. Also I am using an upper with no dust cover. The DPMS LoPro upper.

Ben

npcdecal.jpg

Something along those lines anyway.

Asking that question here, there's only one answer:

OPERATOR AS F*CK!

Tough question. I'd think this would be something highly personal. Keep in mind anything engraved on your gun, if it's something you ever use or a personal defense shooting is going to be photographed and blown up on a 16x9 foot screen in front of a voir dire select group of public education victims, so something like "death to all tyrants" might be taken to be a bit extreme. This is like asking someone what kind of tattoo to get. This question has been with me for years, as I occasionally consider getting one - a tattoo - but I've found that with a little bit of patience and discipline, I'm able to wait until I sober up. But "Belfast Rifle Team" has always been a favorite - in green, of course.

^^^^ I knew that would be coming lol! I agree not wanting something that will ever get a lot of negative attention.

Ben

^^^^ I knew that would be coming lol! I agree not wanting something that will ever get a lot of negative attention.

Ben

Who cares what people think? Its your gun, do what you like.

One of my favorite quotes. Shortened to the first 3 sentences.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
John Wayne

Who cares what people think? Its your gun, do what you like.

One of my favorite quotes. Shortened to the first 3 sentences.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
John Wayne

Awesome quote there! That one will definitely be heavily considered!

Ben

From my cold dead hands

Smile&wait for the flash

Or my friends grandpa's 1st marine raiders patch......he was one hell of a man, I'm glad l had the opertunity to meet him and listen to his stories.

RIP LYLE...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I personally like molan labe. Or similar. Only tyrants disarm honest men etc..

"This is my rifle. If stolen or found please return to (insert address). If not. I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my rifle go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will stomp your ass."

"This is my rifle. If stolen or found please return to (insert address). If not. I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my rifle go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will stomp your ass."

Love it!

Ben

I have 90% of all my AR components ready, all I need is a complete bcg, gas block and gas tube. I ended up ordering a WOA barrel and have to say the machining of it is top notch! So now that I am close to assembly I need to get my lower engraved(not serial #, it was a "blank" lower from PSA with nothing but the serial # engraved). I am going to engrave on the right side of the magwell. I want thoughts from you guys! Sayings, bible verses, quotes, pictures, symbols, emblems, etc. whatever comes to mind! My grandfather was in the 104th Timberwolves in WW2, really considering something similar to their emblem to remember him. Also the gun is going to be geared towards longer range precision shooting, if that matters any! So lets see what you guys come up with! Have fun and thank you!

Ben, boy didn't you just open the door.
like your ideal, of.
......................................,,,,,,,.104th
............................(insert timberwolf emblem here)
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...WWII

post up a picture of what you go with

Last edited: