• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What size brush / cleaning kit for 6.5 Grendel

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Maybe I'm going about this all wrong, but when I convert 6.5mm to inches, I get .255, and it appears Otis has a .264 / 6.5 brush. Midway has a Montana Xtreme jag in .264 but won't that be too big for the barrel?

I can't seem to find any 6.5 dedicated cleaning kits, as I want to get a good rod for it too. What are y'all using for your Grendels / Creedmores?

Any reason to use a nylon rod over a brass one? I'm not sure what thread pitch is on my 22cal Dewey currently. I think it has the 8/36 to 8/32 adapter but I'm not sure. Might just get a new rod just for this gun.

Just a preference. Personally, using a nylon brush was easier for me to clean my 22in barrel. I had to use quite a bit of force to get the brass brush down the bore.

Oh, rod? Pick whatever but I've got a nylon Dewey

Nylon will not clean as efficiently. Brass is softer that steel, you are not going to hurt your barrel with a brass brush. As with running anything through the barrel, be careful of the crown.