• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What the Royal Fuck, am I invisible ?

'that kind of treatment, esp. repeatedly is unacceptable.

Time to find a new dealer. Take it in for warranty and find a good mech for anything else.

Try Costco or Sams for tires, theyre cheaper and you can get service nationwide.

I actually went in to get a new lighting connector for my phone, and the guy at the SWAG counter turned me on to a shop on the same street that does tricked out VW stuff.

We were talking about the computer stuff, the Kerma Tuning, etc, and he recommended this shop locally he said has the VW Computer stuff down

Reactions: Bender
Felt pretty invisible both boarding and deplaning on a flight to and from Florida this last week. As if pretending “I don’t see you” means you can walk right around and get in front of me and my family. Even bum rushing the aisle while deplaning! Hopefully some day I’ll be able to afford to rent a plane that does > 150kts. :cool:

Reactions: MarinePMI
I’m assuming this was the VW dealer as you mentions the Audi dealer next door being owned by the same persons.

Well if you want to make some noise... call the VW national line and express your concerns about “safety” and how they told you the brakes were fine and how the brake warning light came on and now the “safety” of the vehicle is of concern and you explicitly requested the brakes to be serviced......

Safety misses are a big no no to dealerships, especially if you have something in writing like one of those quick check sheets. The dealer is technically liable if they gave in writing the brakes are above minimum manufacture wear specifications and they are not. That light is the minimum wear limit. VW is probably similar to Mercedes, about 2mm- 2.5mm left turns the light on.

If they put on the repair order one of those multi point inspections that’s free but shows a dollar amount. Then you have even more ammunition if you want to make a stink. They have attached a value to a service that you could of paid for. Just cause it’s free doesn’t absolve them of the responsibility.

Which makes it even odder that they were going to get the opportunity to rake Frank over the coals for a brake job... and didn't want to do it!

I would guess the guy that looked at then didn't want to do anything that day so he said they were fine.

Had this exchange yday with dealership I haven’t been to in a year. My reply at the top to the manager’s sales pitch at the bottom. I get that people have a job to do, but to do it under the pretense of something that I know I didn’t do really pisses me off...

Number 8...Get a CRM system that keeps better records. I bought my daughter a car from you twelve months ago, I’ve not been back since and I’ve not expressed interest recently in buying another vehicle from you. Thanks for wasting my time.
On 17 Apr 2019, at 11:18 AM, Greenway Mazda wrote:

Hi,
There is a fine line between courteous, professional follow-up and downright customer hassling.
I appreciate the difference and fully respect your privacy.
And as you will see, that is why I am writing you today.
My name is Steve, I am the Managing Partner here at Greenway Mazda .
I am told you stopped by recently or inquired on a vehicle.
Although you may have purchased in the past, my records indicate that you did not purchase on this last visit.
Now, I am not pushing or rushing you because I know that choosing the right vehicle is something you do at your own pace. But, to be quite blunt, I want to earn your business.
And that is why I have enclosed a "Tell Me What To Do Next" survey.
Would you please take just a few seconds to respond? That is it.
This way, I will not wonder if we dropped the ball in some way.
And I might be able to answer a question you may have.
Thank you for your time. Your reply will really be appreciated!

1. I like your vehicle, but I feel your deal was not attractive enough?
2. I purchased elsewhere.
3. I have decided not to purchase a vehicle at this time.
4. I am still interested. I just need some more time.
5. I would like to get another price quote over the phone/email.
6. I was treated poorly by your Sales Person / Manager.
7. We missed the mark on your trade?
8. Any other comments or suggestions for our organization?
Thank you,
Steve
Managing Partner
Greenway Mazda

Last edited:
Frank you are not alone with dealership nonsense. Our Suburban was in 5 time for 80k service, I went from furious to telling the GM of dealership I was sad such a good place had become a pile of D.S. under new management.

Yesterday I came home to a road grader going up my alley. I go out to look at what they did, and they cut the alley about six inches deeper by my second irrigation gate for my ditch. Now I can't get water high enough in my ditch to irrigate my property. So I call and complain. First the guy tells me they didn't cut that much. I laughed and said, "lets go look at my gate and measure it then. He looks and concurs, "Oh, i guess they did, we will bring in some dirt and fix it." I say, "Great thanks."

I come back later to inspect what they did. They put road base down from the neighbors property to about twenty feet past my first irrigation gate. In the process they completely smashed my first gate, filled in the ditch with road base, and didn't put anything where they damaged the ditch and my second gate.

So, I hug the road base out my ditch, and used to build new dams around whats left of my gates. That'll show me to pipe up. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Hug instead of dug. Had to leave it there, autocorrect made it sound much more pleasant.

"They finish and she calls, Frank and guy sitting there stands up and grabs the sandwich. I figure, he is Frank too, it can happen. Shortly after they are calling "Rick" and no one answers. They come back around to me and we all realize he took my sandwich. The girls just look at each other and say thanks for not causing a fuss and they make me a new sandwich. Not their fault, but they treat me well, no drama. "

Deat God,and you are a brother Marine, I wish I had a penny for every pizza I seen swiped from the Dominos guy at Pendleton.
I have shit like this,I usually say it's my turn.
Better than having bad years.

Sometimes you have to let your inner Pesci out...

Last edited:
Just get a v.a.g pirated software set up and deal with the diag lights yourself. I stoped dealing with the stealership a long time ago. I either do my own work now or go to a “pro shop”. The diesel shop I use gets subbed all the work the local dealers can’t figure out. They send it to him for a lower repair price but still charge dealership shop rate

Next time you see rick. Stand up in a chair and look him eye to eye and tell him he stole ur fuckin sandwiche!

Picked up the truck,

Not that I said anything but apparently they don't just change brake pads but actually replace the rotor, calipers, the whole thing because I have 4 new rotors and calipers now, vs 8 new brake pads, the computer did say pads, and the rotors were not scored.

• Wow
Reactions: jff_stvns
Picked up the truck,

Not that I said anything but apparently they don't just change brake pads but actually replace the rotor, calipers, the whole thing because I have 4 new rotors and calipers now, vs 8 new brake pads, the computer did say pads, and the rotors were not scored.
That is some shady dealing going on.

Am surprised a VW dealer did that,,, my experience, in Germany is exact opposite.. had ford try some shady shit, it was wife that took my FX4 in and they took her to the hoop... dealer didn't do shit when I complained,,, came time for a new truck a few months later walked in got a price on a F250 diesel fully loaded, took sheet walked out and came back with my new Chevy 2500 Diesel Mountain version, showed him the bill and told him he lost ford a customer forever with his antics...

Why is the original post in this thread blank with no poster?

And yeah, people are so fucking retarded on a daily basis I dont even know how half of them dress themselves in the morning.

My brother bought a German car. He asked about why there wasn't a light under the hood. The Dealer said, "Oh, only OUR people will be going under the hood.
As to getting proper service, and in line with the suggestion above about becoming a celebrity, try saying, "Do you know who I AM?".
I heard that works. I personally don't use it, because I wear a Fedora at dealerships and service places, so they think I am Mafia.

Reactions: QuickNDirty
Ya,

We are washing our hands of this dealer for sure,

We just turned in the girls VW and she went to Subaru, and I am not going there anymore

So my first name is Uwe... (I grew up in the USA - first generation)

...and even I will not buy a German car after making the mistake of owning an Audi. Never again.

You know, your Toureg was one of the most lemon lawed cars in the US... only over taken by the Jeep Liberty.

Heh.

We've been buying Subarus for the last 10 years, and have been pretty happy with them on the whole.

[Public service announcement: DO NOT BUY A SUBARU OUTBACK OR LEGACY FROM 2013 - You've been warned]

The Ascent is pretty nice... lots of room. We own a Legacy and an Outback.

The secret to the Subarus is to go to a dealer and order the car from the factory. That way you get cost on the options, as opposed to dealer prices.

Wednesday was that way for me. Monday I go to the VA, and they tell me I need an X-ray come back Wednesday as a walk in, and they'll get me in, go back, Radiologist isn't there. Decide to fill up with gas and head home, pump, pumps .09 cents worth and they all quit working. OK, I'll stop at the PO and ship a barrel off to be coated, but there are some welfare recipients trying to figure out where to put their damn mailbox clogging up the office. Some days............

(snip) ...and why can't this dealer get shit right. E-Blah!

Wait until they ask me to fill out their survey

Last year I had a motorcycle (my primary transportation) in two different shops, over a period of just over 10 months, and a cost of just over $2K, so count your blessings. And after all of that, the dang thing STILL doesn't run right! The most infuriating part of it is, I'm a trained tech and rebuilt the bike when I bought it used several years/35,000 miles ago. I just don't have the time or tools available to me right now to do it all myself. I swear my bald spot/gray hairs doubled because of that. It was 10mos. of hell. I don't trust shops anymore, to be honest. I'll have to on some stuff from time to time, but after both of those shops yanked my chain for almost a full calendar year with COUNTLESS comebacks (neither shop was close, one was 18mi away, the other about 40mi!), I'm done!

So it could always be worse... :ROFLMAO:

The name thing is an coin toss. I've got a fairly common name so i usually use fake ones on orders that are unmistakable.

This! @Lowlight , you know better, Mike's given you the secret! Bust out that ol' "Dr. Venkman" and watch those name problems disappear! :ROFLMAO:

My Toureg is a rockstar, in fact the R on the side is for Rockstar

We have a 2019 Subaru Crosstek, it’s nice but my Toureg is better and even gets better mileage 30 vs 32.

You can’t kill the Toureg, never had a lemon issue, just a shitty dealer. They are the lemon but it wasn’t always so. They offered to buy out my Toureg on numerous occasions - I always say no.

My diesel Cherokee is a badass vehicle,,, 31 MPG no matter how you drive it..the power is amazing

2007? Been in one of those. A lot more spacious cabin for front passengers and that quadratrac does pretty well on the crazy shit.

Frank, shit happens. I am at the tire store waiting as the counter guys is helping a couple. Another couple walks in sits down and waits. First couple leave, a woman walks up to the counter and the guys says they are next, I will get to you after them. I got up and walked out. I will not give that business my money. Screw them.

My truck. I take the truck in to the dealer and the service lady says you need the 65,000 mile service. I ask how much? She says $1300, I tell her I will get back to her. Check online forum and guy says not this year. Check the owner's manual and this $1300 service is not called for. Months later take truck in for an oil change, service lady says you are past due for the service. I say not my year truck. She says I am wrong. Then says the truck has a recall and they will need to keep it overnight.

I get home and call corporate. Tell the woman about dealer, woman says ask the service lady why would I want to do a service that is not in the owners manual? Back at dealer and I ask the service lady why? She says they all need the service. I said I called corporate and was to ask you that question. Service lady gets on the computer and after about 10 minutes says I know it is in here, I just can't find it right now. $1300 not spent.

I find CCI SV for $2.99 a box. The local gun shops/stores want $5.00 a box. I got to a small store and ask if they have CCI SV? Yep. $29.90 a brick. I buy two bricks. Get home and tell the wife of the find and that one of my 22lrs love this stuff. She says at that price you should buy it all. Next day I go to the store and load up. Tell the wife I bought the ammo my 22lr loves. She says, that is a lot of money to spend on bullets. I bout fell over backwards.

Shit happens. Life is short, keep moving forward. The idiots are everywhere.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
i drive older vehicles. i dont care to take the depreciation hit or deal with the dealers....something about those motherfuckers makes my blood boil. so i buy my shit used and let the local wrenches handle my issues. sometimes it’s a hassle, but the upside is i aint paying top dollar to be ignored.

as far as being ignored....let that inner lion out once in a while. chew someone’s ass in public when they fuck up....drill sgt style. i’m telling ya, it does a heart good to set things right on occasion. bust out the knifehand on someone. word spreads fast. i aint as young as i used to be, but sometimes a lion still has to roar or the jungle will take advantage.

Picked up the truck,

Holy crap Frank, I hope they didn’t charge you for all of that.

Need to leave the ghillie in the truck if you want to be seen.

<----- Does brake jobs, lube, all other general maintenance for range time and ammo, or old unwanted optics.

Or, just start rocking a different hat when you roll around town. Those front range bitches need to put the bong down and recognize...

View attachment 7063843

I was actually wearing that hat today, only in black

This has been happening to you for a week?
Been happening to me my whole life.

You're too nice.
If they get your order wrong at the drive through do you eat it anyway?
You are too nice....or like me you don't want the correct order with extra saliva.

Yesterday on way to work. Bojangles.
"Order of roasted chicken bites, just the bites no sides."
Pull up pay, hand me the bag with a meal box. I pull out, anyway, knew they'd fucked it up.
Got to work and handed it to one of my operators.
"Thanks boss, what's this for?"
You're a great employee Tom, enjoy your chicken wings and dirty rice.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jff_stvns
Happens to everyone, was introverted and got sick of it - now i let people know when i am pissed. Heck, if i am pissed when i visit my dealer - they want to avoid a scene or pain - so they do a great job now

Picked up the truck,

Yeah, that's the problem with them. I bought a 2011 Jetta TDI new, and on the first brake pad replacement they had to replace the WHOLE FUCKING AXLE. Apparently if they turn the rotors, they will be under spec so they need to go. I was friends with the service manager and he was able to source new axles cheaper than replacing the rotors.

Called up VWHQ and bitched them out about it and the.....representative...on the other end said "What do you want ME to do about it?"

Mind you at 68k miles I was coming back from Denver and (5 speed manual transmission) lost first and fourth gears. It physically wouldn't shift into them.

VW can hug a root.

A good buddy owns a service shop. The mark up on parts is crazy. Typically that's where dealerships make good money. Im shocked the tried to pass on the brake job the first time. My guess is they were overbooked or another job slowed them down and they were trying to make up some time.

As to the new rotors, most of them are cheap enough now that they'll just replace them rather than turn them. Saves them time.

Ya,

We are washing our hands of this dealer for sure,

We just turned in the girls VW and she went to Subaru, and I am not going there anymore
You won't regret buying a Suby, we're on our 4th one.
Wife's Jetta has been fine,however she's only put 4,000 miles on it in the last 4 years.
You know you have to many vehicles when you forget you own one.
I have an "06" Jeep LJ that still has the sticker in the window and had completely forgotten about it until I was writing this.

@Lowlight , I'd say just take a deep breath, and let the asshattery blow on past ya. Life is just too short to let the turds get you worked up.

As to the vehicle drama, I feel ya. The local Jaguar dealer (San Diego) just went out of business, and the Land Rover dealer (which was already way too small for the amount of vehicles they service) has had to assume all the repairs/maintenance for all the Jags running around town. Called in for an oil change (impending service needed message on start up) 5 weeks ago. The soonest they could schedule was next Thursday. Sign...sometimes you just can't win, but it is what it is (I've been saying that a lot the past few weeks).

You have your health, get to work at something you love, and have a great community of support. All the rest is just fucking noise...press brother, and don't let them fuck with your happiness.

JMTCW...

Last edited: