• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to do in Detroit?

Animal357

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 18, 2020
    Yes, I know its a shithole, but I have to be in Detroit for business. Any tourist stuff actually worth doing?

• Haha
    Reactions: MtnCreek
    The Piquette Avenue Ford Plant. I spoke there a couple of years ago and it's a really neat museum!

And Greenfield Village is amazing. If it's open this time of year, but I think it's late enough in Spring that it's open. Dearborn has some neat stuff. I always wanted to see the River Rouge plant, I think it makes Mustangs now. But expect it is an incredible tour.

SIrhr

Reactions: navynambu
    Take two pistols - one to shot and one to throw down, just in case.

Reactions: 10ring'r
    Greektown

Seriously.

Eat at Golden Fleece. They have been open since 1970.

Welcome to detroit, the home of robocop. A sprawling urban shithole gta game in real life. Experience mediocre dining, actual sex workers looking for money to feed their soul crushing addictions, the predatory gaze of someone you cant identify manifested as a feeling of dread. Yep, detroit has it all. Culture you say? Detroit has hundreds of miles of barely discrenable graffiti... i mean amature artist renderings. Weather your looking to unwind or just see if you could survive in a 3rd world combat zone, detroit has you covered. Brought to you by Detroit public schools, somebody has to make the cars.

Welcome to detroit, the home of robocop. A sprawling urban shithole gta game in real life. Experience mediocre dining, actual sex workers looking for money to feed their soul crushing addictions, the predatory gaze of someone you cant identify manifested as a feeling of dread. Yep, detroit has it all. Culture you say? Detroit has hundreds of miles of barely discrenable graffiti... i mean amature artist renderings. Weather your looking to unwind or just see if you could survive in a 3rd world combat zone, detroit has you covered. Brought to you by Detroit public schools, somebody has to make the cars.

This right here.

Its called ass crack ghetto Detroit for a reason.

Pro tip from working in one of the major hospitals here. If you ever come across and or meet anyone by the name of "some dude", "that one guy" or "that bitch", cross the street and run like hell. Its about to get real. If you don't you're about to get shot, stabbed, beat or run over (could be a combo of any or all) and you will lose all your drugs.

Also, don't mind your own business at the bus stop or on your front porch while reading the bible. You were asking to get shot. If this does happen to you, even if its at point blank range, you never saw who did it. Just saying.

The Ford museum and the Chrysler museum were both cool if your into cars. The Gilmore museum is over by Battle Creek but if it’s open it’s pretty cool. Again all car stuff.

As noted Windsor is just across the water.

The Piquette Avenue Ford Plant. I spoke there a couple of years ago and it's a really neat museum!

And Greenfield Village is amazing. If it's open this time of year, but I think it's late enough in Spring that it's open. Dearborn has some neat stuff. I always wanted to see the River Rouge plant, I think it makes Mustangs now. But expect it is an incredible tour.

SIrhr
    Like this miserable twat.

1617323518568.png

I hear the abandoned once bustling factories are quite the draw. Or the burned out cars that dot the alley ways...

Reactions: camocorvette
    Yes, I know its a shithole, but I have to be in Detroit for business. Any tourist stuff actually worth doing?
    Go to American Jewelry and Loan featured on Hardcore Pawn and stand in line with the 'rich and vibrant' customer base to be offered a $50.00 for your $40k Gold Rolex?

Greek town. Pegasus restaurant or pizzapopaulous is good. Gambling right there if that’s your thing. Waterfront walk if you get a sunny day is nice. Hitsville is said to be interesting, but I haven’t been. Xochilmilco in Mexican town is great! Do carry of course.

super glue some crack rocks to the middle of the street and watch the fun that follows

• Haha
    Reactions: 10ring'r
    Henry Ford museum is amazing!
    Eastern Market for food vendors of every culture, well worth stopping for lunch when its open.

Its not a terrible place to visit as long as you stay in downtown. Spent a shit ton of time in surveilance vans there, some things i'll never unsee!

You'll figure out pretty quick what streets not to drive down(first clue when 1/2 the houses are burnt down, dont go down that street...)

Drive in endless circles looking for BBQ thats not cooked in an oven and then covered in sauce.

Unflavored mexican food was an eye opener, hamburger meat and lettuce, yum.

That should cover the entire trip.

I lived on pizza and deli food and survived.

Winter of 77-78 one miserable place and sounds like worse off these days.

Last edited:
    Detroit style pizza and coney dogs blow anything made in New York out the water. Flight Club for decent strippers, Bogart's across the street for bargain bin.

Of the one thing I would bring home would be some of the deli shops. They were excellent.

And the pizza's left a good impression.

But you all can keep the damn blizzards. F-me it was bad.

Marriott corporation gave me a free ride to the CIA in Chicago and I turned it down citing bad weather and yankee folks.

I joined the USAF and got sent too, wait for it, Chanute AFB, Rantule 60 miles from Chicago and ground zero for boredom.

Less pay, less women and the food at that base was pretty bad.

Wait? Detroit shit I'm in the wrong state. My stupid ass was watching a show that had Chicago in it and brought back memories earlier today.

I seriously doubt Detroit is that fucked up. My bad
    I apologize to all of the
    Michigan ders I had a buddy from Flint.

I could have deleated all that but now it's too damn funny.

Last edited:
    Henry Ford museum is amazing!
    Better go see it while it is still open. In the current cancel culture, it won‘t be long until they close that down. Henry Ford was well known for his hatred of Jewish people (claims to only hate bad Jews) and supported the Nazi party through financial contributions before the U.S. was pulled into WWII. Here is old Henry receiving the Grand Cross of the German Eagle from the Nazi Party in 38 for his support to the cause. Once they get all the confederate statues torn down, they will start going after the fruit that’s a little higher in the tree.
    C2A4F0FB-1965-412A-AD67-2C2484DA112C.jpeg

Last edited:
    Better go see it while it is still open. In the current cancel culture, it won‘t be long until they close that down. Henry Ford was well known for his hatred of Jewish people and supported the Nazi party through financial contributions before the U.S. was pulled into WWII. Here is old Henry receiving the Grand Cross of the German Eagle from the Nazi Party in 38 for his support to the cause. Once they get all the confederate statues torn down, they will start going after the fruit that’s a little higher in the tree.
    View attachment 7596055
    I read somewhere that towards the end of his life he began eating "road side greens" apparently he would just pull up somewhere and start muching grass and weeds and shit in your yard like a cow.