• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What to order while I wait for my M4

FWoo45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2020
NorKal
Pulled the trigger yesterday and bought a couple shotguns to switch from pumps to autos for waterfowl and HD. Snagged a Maxxus 2 and an M4. The question is what to order for the M4 while I wait for both guns to be in stock to DROS together? I’m leaning towards a Ti mag tube/spring and follower, and charging handle from Carrier Comp. Going to run a spare Eotech on the stock rail for now because I have it. Need a bigger bolt release, light mount/forend, maybe a stock. It comes with the gay skeletonized, non adjustable stock, and I’m not paying $600 for a OOS Benelli collapsible stock. My questions are… Freedom Fighter Tactical is a stupid name for a company, are their triggers actually an improvement? What about their stocks and forends? Read mixed reviews and my search here has yielded mixed results. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Milf Dots
The Carrier Comp tube is nice, but it's a lot of money for what it is. Also expect to wait several months for it.

I honestly regretted buying one (if I was smart I would have sold it unused when it finally came, but I'm not, I just kept throwing stupid money at the gun hoping it would make me like it more). It's light, but the M4 is already a little piggy so it's not going to matter much. If you're chasing 922r there's cheap ways to get there.

Triggers....damn I'm sort of drawing a blank. I changed one part and springs. First time I went to shoot it I had an ND. (not really, just went off a whole lot sooner than I expected, I was also shooting 3 other shotguns with stock triggers, so that didn't help). But I thought "well that's no good" so I put one of the factory springs back in (sear spring maybe?) I think it might have been this hammer? https://shootingsight.com/?product=benelli-hammer But they don't sell springs, so they didn't come from them. It was PROBABLY https://www.briley.com/p-65568-as-shotgun-reduced-effort-trigger-spring-pack.aspx (reading that listing, it says M2. Hmmm... but the M2 and M4 trigger groups are mostly the same thing)

There's a couple companies making the adjustable stock tube, but I have no idea if the fixed stock has the adjustable parts or not. (was never interested in them, don't even like the standard PG stock and have one to get rid of fairly cheap).

Last edited:
Reactions: FWoo45
The Carrier Comp tube is nice, but it's a lot of money for what it is. Also expect to wait several months for it.

I honestly regretted buying one (if I was smart I would have sold it unused when it finally came, but I'm not, I just kept throwing stupid money at the gun hoping it would make me like it more). It's light, but the M4 is already a little piggy so it's not going to matter much. If you're chasing 922r there's cheap ways to get there.

Triggers....damn I'm sort of drawing a blank. I changed one part and springs. First time I went to shoot it I had an ND. (not really, just went off a whole lot sooner than I expected, I was also shooting 3 other shotguns with stock triggers, so that didn't help). But I thought "well that's no good" so I put one of the factory springs back in (sear spring maybe?) I think it might have been this hammer? https://shootingsight.com/?product=benelli-hammer But they don't sell springs, so they didn't come from them. It was PROBABLY https://www.briley.com/p-65568-as-shotgun-reduced-effort-trigger-spring-pack.aspx (reading that listing, it says M2. Hmmm... but the M2 and M4 trigger groups are mostly the same thing)

There's a couple companies making the adjustable stock tube, but I have no idea if the fixed stock has the adjustable parts or not. (was never interested in them, don't even like the standard PG stock and have one to get rid of fairly cheap).
The Carrier Comp tube is still $100 cheaper than the same thing from FFT and it comes with a follower and a new spring. Maybe I’ll just try to track down a steel one. Read that Benelli uses the same mag spring regardless of the tube length? That was on the internet so who knows. I really just want a full length mag and a different stock. Anyone have any experience with the Mesa Tactical stock? Surprised to say but I really like the magpul stock on my 870. Read on here that someone was going to try to modify one to fit their M4 a few years back but not sure if they had any luck.

I believe that might be right about the spring and part of the reason the stock M4 is tough to load.

I’ve had an M4 for quite a few years, I did most of my mods to it probably 6-7 years ago. I think there have been quite a few new parts offerings since then, so I may be out of date a bit.

I’ve had the mesa tactical stock on my M4 for years. It’s great if you don’t need adjustable. It is a fairly short length of pull (designed to be used over tactical gear/armor.) The Limbsaver recoil pad on it really takes any sting out of shooting the M4.

I have the carrier comp titanium tube as well, love it.

I have a GG&G bolt release, 100% would recommend. It’s far easier to manipulate than the stock release. I know there are some other brands out there now.

I have an AVA tactical light mount with the factory handguards on mine, not sure if they’re still available. There are replacement MLOK handguards being made now, I think agency arms has one, strike industries makes another. Either of those is probably a better upgrade than the AVA tactical mount as you’ll have better handguards and MLOK, not just a light mount and sling point.

I have an RMR mounted on mine in a Scalarworks mount that screws directly to the receiver. Super light and slim, it’s fantastic.

Shotgun cards are great for extra rounds. Better than the side-saddle in my humble opinion.

I think I remember putting in freedom fighter trigger parts and liking them, but not enough to say it’s a must-have upgrade.

Last edited:
Have coming. RX Arms recoil tube to run an adjustable stock and their cheek piece riser to accommodate for the Eotech. Dave’s metal works mag tube and follower. Little piggy is fat so why would I care about a couple ounces with hundreds in savings over a Ti tube? Leaning Briley for some trigger parts and TTI for the charging handle and bolt release. Drilling and tapping the bolt release isn’t an issue.

Picked up the M4 and Maxus2 yesterday after work. Got parts swapped/adjusted after work today. I doubt the Eotech or the comb riser will stick but I had em so I’ll see how it goes.
BCB8D37F-44A0-4535-BB2A-895EBD30BC0D.jpeg

Yes, the M4 is 922r compliant,
7B557028-3977-419C-8626-A994A450201B.gif

Reactions: camocorvette
Have coming. RX Arms recoil tube to run an adjustable stock and their cheek piece riser to accommodate for the Eotech. Dave’s metal works mag tube and follower. Little piggy is fat so why would I care about a couple ounces with hundreds in savings over a Ti tube? Leaning Briley for some trigger parts and TTI for the charging handle and bolt release. Drilling and tapping the bolt release isn’t an issue.
Is the RX Arms considered to be 922r compliant? as I understood that its made in Canada, I was considering purchasing th mag 2 rounds extension tube for my M4/1014 and QD sling mount for the collapsible stock. Love the Impact Weapon Light Mount.

Pulled the trigger yesterday and bought a couple shotguns to switch from pumps to autos for waterfowl and HD. Snagged a Maxxus 2 and an M4. The question is what to order for the M4 while I wait for both guns to be in stock to DROS together? I’m leaning towards a Ti mag tube/spring and follower, and charging handle from Carrier Comp. Going to run a spare Eotech on the stock rail for now because I have it. Need a bigger bolt release, light mount/forend, maybe a stock. It comes with the gay skeletonized, non adjustable stock, and I’m not paying $600 for a OOS Benelli collapsible stock. My questions are… Freedom Fighter Tactical is a stupid name for a company, are their triggers actually an improvement? What about their stocks and forends? Read mixed reviews and my search here has yielded mixed results. Thanks in advance.
In my opinion FFT too damn expensive, they were the player in town but the landscape has changed, there are good vendors that offered quality parts for the M4 at a reasonable price. Carrier Comp, Regal Metal Works to name a few. FFT just recently move to Florida about a year ago to escape from the hell hole anti
2A Califuckme state.