• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to use on rear of gun with front bipod

Re: What to use on rear of gun with front bipod

I took a bunch of airsoft bb's put them in a sock then put the sock in a crown royal bag personally the size of a standard crown royal bag is ideal.

I use the "Tab Gear" Rear Bag. $20.00 from Mile High Shooting.
Mile High Shooting

They have 4 colors. There are hand straps on both sides so you can use bag in either the horizontal or vertical direction. You can also lay them flat. Very well made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edorsey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the "Tab Gear" Rear Bag. $20.00 from Mile High Shooting.
Mile High Shooting

They have 4 colors. There are hand straps on both sides so you can use bag in either the horizontal or vertical direction. You can also lay them flat. Very well made. </div></div>

I've also had that bag for a while now, and am quite happy with it. Well made, and well thought out for the purposes we use them for.

Off hand on trigger hand bicep, rear of stock supported in web of thumb and first finger. It's very comfortable and steady.

I was just shooting today at 400 with my new 6-9 Harris, and that's all I used. Really no need for a bag once you get used to it. And one less thing to carry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 284fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Off hand on trigger hand bicep, rear of stock supported in web of thumb and first finger. It's very comfortable and steady.

I was just shooting today at 400 with my new 6-9 Harris, and that's all I used. Really no need for a bag once you get used to it. And one less thing to carry.</div></div>

The bag is more stable then your hand. Also your hand is going to transfer movement into the gun from your pulse sympathetic hand movements etc. I have used this technique and it isnt bad but a rear bag is better.

Red Tac 1/2 pint with my Harris 6-9. Perfect for bench and good to go for the majority of prone shooting I do. Had the full pint but swapped for the 1/2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coloradocop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edorsey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the "Tab Gear" Rear Bag. $20.00 from Mile High Shooting.
Mile High Shooting

They have 4 colors. There are hand straps on both sides so you can use bag in either the horizontal or vertical direction. You can also lay them flat. Very well made. </div></div>

I've also had that bag for a while now, and am quite happy with it. Well made, and well thought out for the purposes we use them for.</div></div>

I've ahd the TAB rear bag for a couple of weeks and it is the best $20 I have invested in my shooting.

Don't spend money on a bag. Take a tube sock and fill it with dry rice and tie it off. You can make it whatever size you want while shooting by positioning it differently.

similar to the rice/airsoft ideas, I take one of my GI green boot socks from when I was in the army, grab a bag of split peas for a dollar at wally world, pour the contents into the sock, twist the sock just above the top of the peas, then fold it back over itself (kinda like how you GI roll socks. the end result is a clean general purpose bag that suits the purpose brilliantly. Plus, those split peas come with a ham flavoring packet. So if you ever get in a pinch, you can eat your gun bags. Haven't had to do it in a year or so, but from past experience, I must implre you to make sure to rinse the damn peas before you cook em.

I use rear bags on some of my rifles, and Accu-Shot monopods on others.

My rear rest is a TAB gear squeeze bag. It's phenomenal. Before that, I used a sock with airsoft bbs and have noticed a big difference since switching.

I really like the Triad tapered rear bag, the small triangle shaped one... It's small enough to put anywhere but is packed tight enough to be rigid vertically.

Take a look at Tiger Valley's Sling Bag. Its the first new thing in rer bags in years. Well except that blow up abomination...

Tab Gear rear bag.
And to comment one of the above posts...I too tried for a year to shoot without a rear bag, figuring it was one less thing to carry.
Not displeased with my groups...but always thought I could do better.
Then in conversation with an experienced Afghanistan sniper I decided to try the bag...and noticed an improvement on my first time out.
You may not notice it...but everything your body does...heartbeat, breathing, etc is transferred to your arm when you use it as a rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't spend money on a bag. Take a tube sock and fill it with dry rice and tie it off. You can make it whatever size you want while shooting by positioning it differently. </div></div>

Plus, if you get hungry...

In all seriousness though, I'd assume you'd have to replace the rice in that setup if it ever got wet? I've heard some people recommend going to JoAnn Fabrics to buy polyester beads (used to fill stuffed animals) and then placing them in a sock/bag... supposedly that is what the commercial rear bags are using these days.

i use my hand, but thats just me, i a monopod could work but i like to shoot at different ranges, ( when i do get to shoot) so a monopod would mess that up for me.

I really like the TAB rear bag.
I have several and it is the one that gets used the most.

We dot get mentioned much for our bean bag but here was our offering, it was canned....

[img:center]
BTBeanBag.jpg
[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coloradocop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't spend money on a bag. Take a tube sock and fill it with dry rice and tie it off. You can make it whatever size you want while shooting by positioning it differently. </div></div>

Plus, if you get hungry...

In all seriousness though, I'd assume you'd have to replace the rice in that setup if it ever got wet? I've heard some people recommend going to JoAnn Fabrics to buy polyester beads (used to fill stuffed animals) and then placing them in a sock/bag... supposedly that is what the commercial rear bags are using these days. </div></div>

I haven't had to change it since I made it a while ago. It would have to sit in water for a long time to really degrade the rice. The good thing is that it grips on both sides so it won't slip off of a table when shooting from a bench and it is extremely stable from the prone.

I use any thing that will work, but that wedge bag looks like the ticket to me. I might have to get one. I use my fist even sometimes.

I'm using a T.A.B gear rear bag, works well with my rifle.

Midway USA sells rear bags for like 10 bucks. Not as nice as the TAB bags, but they work.

In my experience don't use anything organic. If it gets wet, you're fucked. I've used sand and airsoft 6mm plastic bb's in a boot sock and don't feel the need for anything better than the bb's. Lotta great options out there but this is the one I prefer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: afate45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway USA sells rear bags for like 10 bucks. Not as nice as the TAB bags, but they work. </div></div>

Is the one that looks just like a TAB rear bag????

I continue to use what I used through 010-ASIB4 years ago...anything that's handy!