• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What tool kit is best?

Scubamax

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2014
I need to get me a full set of tools(torq bits, hex bits, etc). Whats the best one to buy? TIA

What ye be doing with ye tool kit?

Are you asking about torque tools, general purpose bit drivers, etc...?
General tinkering. I stripping out a screws on one of my handguards with expensive cost, but cheap drivers tips. Now I'm left handed drilling it out.

A lot of people like the Borka EFK kits. Includes torque driver, bits, etc. They are suppose to have some pretty good bits as well which you specifically mention wanting.

Another +1 on the Borka. It's helped me mount scope and scope mount to torque specs, helped me build out lower on AR15, I even use it for computer repair. It's a great kit.

I like the fix it sticks line. Probably the best option is the Red Tac mini pouch with the appropriate Allen/torx, etc for the platform for packing about and then a good adjustable at home with quality bits. Those torque limiters do get pricey.

Build your own tool kit. CDI torque wrenches and snap on bits and tools > borka or any other pre made kit.

Borka EFK - you won’t leave home without it. It has everything you’ll need in a well thought out package. No need to build your own - just buy it.

For home smithing, I highly suggest the Brownells gunsmith screwdriver sets. Fit the RIGHT bit for the particular screw you're doing. To kick that up a notch, as well as have a VERY DECENT 'go-kit' for the range, get the Borka torque set. (From Kortic, who's a member here)

You'll have a separate set of bits to put in a range bag, as well as an Excellent torque wrench that you can use anywhere. Gun related, of course.

And, regarding drilling, if by chance it is a 'through-hole', you can drill it out 'forward' with a regular bit. Blind holes obviously need left-handed ones. Stay centered.

Reactions: water_au