• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What type of case are you guys toting your AR's in

greydarrah

Private
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2012
GA
My first AR (Noveske 20" Varmint w/VIS) arrives Tuesday. I was wondering what types of cases you guys like to carry yours around in?

Re: What type of case are you guys toting your AR's in

Depends..

If it's just vehicle transport, then I chuck it in one of the cheap soft sided cases I have here and throw it in the trunk. The Condor Drag Bag has lasted the longest with the least wear. It's also seen the worst wear.

If it's carting it in the field and it's not going to be in my hands, then I have a Eberlestock X3 that I have used for the last week. Excellent results so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MP15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 2 of these - http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/36-Gun-Case-AR15-M4.html

Both of mine are 16" barrels w/collapsable stocks though.
Add a couple magazine pouches and your good to go. </div></div>

I have the 42" version for a 20" AR with a collapsible stock, and it works well.

I use a Voodoo tactical double for my 3 gun case. Very nice quality.

I've got mine in one of those $10 cheapo plastic specials from Dick's...it gets the job done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Browtine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Voodoo tactical double for my 3 gun case. Very nice quality. </div></div>

Works like a dream! I used one until the upgrade. I'd say it's a great case for the $

I made the mistake of buying the Midwayusa "tactical" soft case. I really like the design, and keeps all of my stuff in one place, but it has held up as well as can be expected for something made in China for $35 on sale. It's already ripping in spots and the zippers are ass.

mostly condor soft cases some double rifles and some singles, they have held up well to riding in trunk, truck beds, back seats and all sorts of dirt, concrete gravel, sands, sunshine and rain. plus they hold a ton of accessories too.

I have a VooDoo long drag bag that I use when i drive my car but when I take the truck...the VooDoo Drag Bag rides inside a Boyt H2 Hard Case.

I sold my 3 color desert Eagle drag bag (paid $270, sold for $200) and my VooDoo in Multicam is every bit as good. (Paid $110)

The Boyt H2 is $100 cheaper than the Pelican or Storm and I wouldn't hesitate to toss it out of a moving vehicle at 70 MPH. It might night come in TACTICAL TAN, but it's more than durable enough and I have no worries when I transport $5k worth of gear in it.

My AR is nestled in a Pelican 1750. Soon to be sent out for a professional foam job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Browtine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Voodoo tactical double for my 3 gun case. Very nice quality. </div></div>

how much padding is there in between the 2 rifles slots and on the outer walls of the case?

In rig, soft case, they all seem the same.

Transit through not pro gun states, pelican locked.

Airline? Ship it UPS most often so I don't have to deal with the Airlines (which isn't that big of a deal but I usually have so many bags thanks to wife and kids).

The big AR is in an Eberlestock. I have my carbine in one of these.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41025/Product/AR-15-M16-ULTRA-COMPACT-DISCREET-RIFLE-CASE

It doesn't break the bank, and it is discreet. I think the picture there makes it look cheap, but the zippers are big and the internal mag holders work with my 7.62 Pmags. I could still fit my carbine in it with an 18" barrel with a flash suppressor by my measurement...it would have to be placed inside a little diagonal to make that work.

I've got some hardcases and some of the Midway ones too. Why have just one.
laugh.gif

i keep my Bushmaster ORC and my DPMS LR 308 in the Plano Gun Guard AW 36"

the 18" barrel on the dpms compresses the outside foam just a bit because of the a2 birdcage, but otherwise it fits like a glove.

Yes so do I and I love it. Lots of pockets and has backpack style straps for just that, you can strap it to your back. Very well made.

Voodoo 2 rifle back pack for my carbines and some extra pockets for other stuff. I do want to get a 1750 for the scoped rifles.

Tac Force cases are great. There are still some available on amazon.com. They went out of business a while ago. Stuff is great.

I'm thinking that I'm going to go with the Voodoo case. A followup question for you guys...

My AR measures 35.75 inches from barrel end to collapsed butt stock end. That's really close to the 36" model case, but the next size, 42" seems too long. Will my 35.75" rifle fit in the 36" case without putting undue stress on the zippers?

Natchez had some good deals on Eagle soft bags. I wish I bough more as I use them for everything now. Nice and padded, extra space to separate kit from the rifle, but slim enough to not be super bulky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking that I'm going to go with the Voodoo case. A followup question for you guys...

My AR measures 35.75 inches from barrel end to collapsed butt stock end. That's really close to the 36" model case, but the next size, 42" seems too long. Will my 35.75" rifle fit in the 36" case without putting undue stress on the zippers?</div></div>

I wouldn't risk it. What happens if/when you buy a different stock, muzzle device, or go from a 16" barrel to an 18" barrel.

6" isn't that much space.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NGCSUGrad09</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Natchez had some good deals on Eagle soft bags. I wish I bough more as I use them for everything now. Nice and padded, extra space to separate kit from the rifle, but slim enough to not be super bulky.</div></div>

+1, I bought three of them. Super high quality and dirt cheap while Natchez had them.

I use a 511 soft case if its just to the range and back, but my rifles ride in pelican if I am tossing them in the truck and going upstate or if they have to be shipped.

The Eagle soft cases are pretty nice also, I have used one at work for a number of years and it has held up great.

pelican or tac-force. the tac-force come with a shoulder strap, plenty of internal webbing and straps. Good size external pocket that will hold 12" targets.

X2 on the Galati... I've been extremely impressed with the ones I've been selling! Their XT cases are great for just your rifle and mags as well as the compact drag bag! Zippers are glass-smooth, quality material and just the right amount of padding you don't feel bad throwing it in the trunk!

Mike