• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Vests and Setup are you guys using for 3-GUN?

Re: What Vests and Setup are you guys using for 3-GUN?

I keep everything on my belt, but I'm there to play the game rather than be "tactical". I've never seen anything on a vest a fast as belt mounted gear. I typically run 1 double mag pouch, Choate or CCW shell strippers, Blade Tech DOH for a holster, and a rifle mag pouch. I keep the holster on the under belt so I can add or delete ammunition carries for the stage at hand.

pics please im just startin to look into this 3 gun thing.

Well for the last one I shot i used an Eagle vest I had layin around and put a fast-mag on the left side and used the remaining loops for shot shells. As fast as a belt set up no, but I don't have CCW carriers, and worked better than diggin rifle mags out of pockets, havin to turn a shell belt to get to all the shells, and usin a damn drop leg (multi gun). Save your money and get the belt setup you will not be dissappointed. Oh and vests get hot!

No need for a vest. Belt mount everything and you're fine. It's a competition, you're not kickin' in doors.

Here's what I keep in the bag:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Rifle:</span>
- 1-2 20 round mags (just in case)
- 2-3 30 round mags
- 1-2 40 round mags (or greater capacity)
- 2 mag holders (belt)
- 1 Redi-Mag (gun mount 1 mag; I don't like the double mag holders)
- Bi-pod (only for Open division)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Shotgun:</span>
- 4-6 CCW Shotshell carriers
- 3GunGear 8 round shell holder (gun mounted)
- 8 Tec Loader tubes + carrier (only for Open division)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Pistol:</span>
- 4-140mm mags (20+ rounders)
- If shooting Open: 2-170mm & 2-140mm mags (28;24 rounders)
- Modified Bladetech DOH holster
- 2 pistol mag holders

<span style="font-weight: bold">Belt:</span>
- CR Speed belt system (way more stiff than Safariland)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Spare parts kit:</span>
- Small parts for the AR
- Complete BCG
- Patches, lube and boresnakes
- Leatherman, allen wrenches, etc.

<span style="font-weight: bold">On a typical multigun (non MGM Ironman stage) you can expect to carry:</span>
- Pistol holster & one mag
- 4 CCW shell holders (8-12 rounds in the gun already)
- 1 AR mag (with one in the gun already)

That's about it. I'm sure I missed some stuff.

Rich

As an added note, on the CCW shotshell carriers, get the 4 rounders, not the 6. As for the Safariland 2-Pack, there's very little use for this.

For the Oh-Sh*t! situation, 3GunGear.com has a 2-pack that mounts in front of the ejection port that's ideal for this.

Rich

Get your self a Safariland ELS Belt and attachments if you really want to be a head. The ELS system has coupling male/female clips that allow you to exchange items as needed on your belt.

Normally you will have a rifle/pistol or a shotgun/pistol or a shotgun/rifle stage (except Ironman) and you can switch your gear out to meet your needs. It's really flexible and if you want to go with a vest you can attach the items to it.

If you are not using your pistol you can even snap it off and add shell holders or a mag.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=safa...amp;FORM=IQFRBA

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/competition/els.aspx

I'll try to remember to post a few pictures of my rig when I get back in town.

I'm not really a fan of the Safariland setup. The belt isn't very stiff when compared to the more common Double Alpha belt.

Your gear also depends a lot on your equipment. Get yourself a good kydex pistol holster, probably 2-3 pistol mag pouches, a single rifle mag pouch, and probably 4 of the 4 round shotshell caddies.