• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft what weapons did the SEALs us on the pirates?

Re: what weapons did the Seals us on the pirates?

Raaaarrrrr! HOGS are cutting loose on the web. Get a new TAT tonight! Raaaarrrrr! Attack. Attack. Attack. Raaaarrrrr! TIME and Wired magazine has new articles as well about "new" technology soon to posted by members racing to be the first to post it. Raaaarrrrr! Hold on, is that the gunmen hunter in the picture in the Wired article? Raaaarrrrr!

I sit here reminiscing about technology. It seems like just yesterday that DARPA contracted an expert sniper consultant about developing a better, lightweight sniper rifle. His name was Norm. It took only a month of careful research before he was able to find a good lightweight rifle developed at...give me a minute to do the research and see if I can find it...there it is...one second...Chandler industries...

Raaaarrrrr!

Wait...you're not speaking of the same guy that wrote all of the large coffee table sized books about sniping are you??? Tread lightly...he is an expert in the arena of assassin assassinating.

Since this isnt going to die may as well add to the fun. The question was asked on Silencer Talk in the KAC thread if the MK11 was used and the reply from a KAC is pasted below. Also in another thread the use of the KAC thermal was alluded to http://www.knightarmco.com/uns_thermal_pg_1.html .

<span style="color: #000099"> Trey is out of the country this week.

We are pretty sure, but trying to confirm it with folks at DevGru

Military/Government Product Liaison
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780
1(321)607-9900 ext. 1365</span>

FWIW anyone who thinks that would be an easy shot needs a reality check its not the distance its the movement. At any rate I understand the curiosity of what was used but the disection of the scenario is just silly. 3 bad guys are OOC thats all that maters.

At the rate things are going over there it wont be long before they begin engaging USN/USCG boarding teams. They are testing the fence line seeing what we will and wont do. I for one am thankfull we have professionals who can pull it off the way they did. No doubt in my mind that this action saved lives so the only thing that needs to be said to or about the matter is thanks to those guys.

Interesting, the use of a thermal @ 19:19 which is the offical time the NAVY released for the action.

OW

LOL damn you and your logic!

Like I said that was pasted from ST in a thread over there regarding what what the KAC rep said. I didnt even put that together untill you posted that
blush.gif

Who knows maybe it gets dark early on the east coast of Africa??

I heard a black helo with the PR team from Ashbury was in the AO waiting to get a follow on shot!!

I'm fairly sure they used blow guns with depleted uranium tipped darts... thats how its done in Australia anyway.

this thread went INSTANT HIGH LEVEL.

- - -
To the shooters: Good work men.

Dare I dip a toe in this thread????
I may not be Salty to the HIDE but...ya I was curious as well. I was thinking they may not have all 3 used the same tool. Surely no heavy's, but a combo of 5.56 and /308 rigs were in the mix.

Before I get pick'd apart;
I ran a few ranges at Camp Pendleton- Pulgas area
Shot from a ship, USS Peleliu (LHA 5)
Blown more spent powder out of my nose than most have shot (it was an occupational thing)
Nuf said, I'm not applying for a teaching yob at the above mentioned BS OP schools:)

We all can get carried away at times, BRASS; it works in these scenarios as well!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having seen one of those style lifeboats up close I coulden't help but to try to figure out what the snipers were looking at , the media said that they saw a man pointing a gun at the captains back and thats what is said to have justified the shooting but the boat i saw would have made it nearly impossible for anbody not standing on the boat peering through the window to see what was going on inside of it.
</div></div>

JJ:

Here is a frontal view of the newer style of those SOLAS crafts. This one only has 1 frontal view window yet you can still clearly see the person inside. The craft in question with USN has the 2 even bigger windows as you can see from the pics sinister posted.

http://www.watercraft.gr/products/en/image.asp?itemImage=253.jpg

LOL now for the curiousity minded people LOL--any idea how strong and angle(2 different angles btw) that polycarbonate windshield is??? It's not thin...so for all the sideseat drivers saying they could have made those headshots you NEED to rethink your words before your fingers type shit your skill level cannot control.

My .02: Who gives a shit what they used, net result = three dead pirates and one live American. Job well done!
Now, if the ship owners start arming their boats, we'll be finished with this crap. Beyond me why companies let billions of dollars of ships & cargo get hijacked by third-world turds. A few instances of attempted hijackings foiled by 50-caliber fire and I bet the rate drops way off for two reasons: One, it won't work as well, and Two, many of the pirates who try it won't live through it.

1911fan

Getting reliable information from the Washington Post concerning anything to do with the military or guns is mildly amusing at best.

I never claimed they were an authoritative source, I was simply trying to add <span style="font-style: italic">SOMETHING</span> more than speculation, conjecture, or random junk when [most] others were not.

sat @ 9pm on the history channel. ollie north will host special ops, what it takes to become a seal. all us fucktards (i'm still laughing at that one !) need to watch this and get lined out !!

Damn, I just read this whole thread and LMAO. Here is one thing for sure and I was not even there;

After the shots, the SEALs cleaned and secured weapons, went through the chow line, grabbed a bunk for a few hours then…………….. Wait for it………………..

They asked: Any new orders, what’s next?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaeger308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, I just read this whole thread and LMAO. Here is one thing for sure and I was not even there;

After the shots, the SEALs cleaned and secured weapons, went through the chow line, grabbed a bunk for a few hours then…………….. Wait for it………………..

They asked: Any new orders, what’s next?
</div></div>

I think you hit the nail on the head. This thread has been very entertaining too.
grin.gif

Giggle.

<Snicker>

BWWWAAAAHHHAAAAA HHAAAAA

You guys crack me up.

Cheers,

Doc

You, private, are a weak, unstable mother fucker. Go blow your snotty ass nose in your DD-214 and STFU. If people have questions let them ask. Whoever the fuck at Quantico puts up with your ass should sent you to wash your mouth out with something that shuts you up and freezes your fingers. Lighten the fuck up.

old-man.jpg

i wonder if the blow-guns they were using had bipods?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LNO1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You, private, are a weak, unstable mother fucker. Go blow your snotty ass nose in your DD-214 and STFU. If people have questions let them ask. Whoever the fuck at Quantico puts up with your ass should sent you to wash your mouth out with something that shuts you up and freezes your fingers. Lighten the fuck up. </div></div>

Heh heh heh..... "Private" whooooo you really slammed me to the ground with that one. My poor wittle fragile sense of self worth has been shattered!.

Whats really funny is if all they used were low tech M4's an big white lights from the ship. I mean jeeze it's not like the targets hey reduced didn't know that they were being watched...

Rogue is just mad cause he hasn't received his official SEAL underwear in the mail yet. I told ya Rogue, I'll have a tracking number for you shortly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROGUE7A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm not gonna even take time to pick his shit apart, cause to the actual trigger puller it will be aparent. And you know what... No you don't have to be a sniper to post on here.... thats why there are airsoft ads now. for fuck heads like you. BUt don't worry little Jimmy, for 10 bucks a month you can the online training here and earn your degree online and in the comfort of your own home.
</div></div>

I guess your age to be around 15 years old. Close?

I usually hear talk like this from wanna-bes and posers. It's a kind of defense mechanism. Someone talking THAT much stupid shit MUST know what he's talking about. Keeps people from asking too many questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StrikeHold</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROGUE7A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm not gonna even take time to pick his shit apart, cause to the actual trigger puller it will be aparent. And you know what... No you don't have to be a sniper to post on here.... thats why there are airsoft ads now. for fuck heads like you. BUt don't worry little Jimmy, for 10 bucks a month you can the online training here and earn your degree online and in the comfort of your own home.
</div></div>

I guess your age to be around 15 years old. Close?

I usually hear talk like this from wanna-bes and posers. It's a kind of defense mechanism. Someone talking THAT much stupid shit MUST know what he's talking about. Keeps people from asking too many questions. </div></div>

based on this post, im gonna go ahead an guess that he is a little more than 15 years old right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheArcangel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lrs im sure R7 didnt have an idea who you are but before you talk down to the man ill let you know hes spent about 15 years as an actual operational sniper and instructor at both infantry and special operations level in 2 seperate militaries. okie dokie? </div></div>

paparrazi, or might as well be. Who cares. Yes those that killed the pirates are the hero's of the moment, and they get the glitz and ooohhhh's and aaaahhhhh's, lets not forget the everyday soldiers and sailors that are there doing their job day in and out without kudos or headlines. My hat's off to them as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Raaaarrrrr! Im a HOG! I Got a HOGSTOOTH, Raaaaaarrrrr, watch out PIGS!!! Raaaarrrrrrrr! Bang, bang, type, type, Raaaaaarrrrrr! Where's my hooded sweatshirt, RRRRAAAAAARRR!
</div></div>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyone on Quantico would not be amused by you garbage mouth/fingers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LNO1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone on Quantico would not be amused by <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">you</span></span> garbage mouth/fingers. </div></div>

Actually they would be... see, WE all chip in. And your apparant lack of command of the english language and being able to compose a sentence in above grammer school text is what keeps us coming back

WOW.

You guys really don't know who Rogue is? I know, but I'm not saying...

Rogue. Should it be kept that way? >:D

As for the whole 'What the SEALs shot them with' thing...

There ain't many choices. You guys have already said most of them.

Now understand this. These topics usually get created by someone who is new to the board. Rogue has been here awhile, he's seen it many times, as have I. It doesn't require an apology from any party, just understanding. The guys who have been here awhile look at what the new guys write and get somewhat irritated when they see the same stuff getting posted every year and almost every month.

Meanwhile the guys who have really been on the site the longest are laughing their asses off. Probably about everything, and everyone.

Guns and knives are only tools. It's the man using them that is the weapon.

The men of NAVSPECWAR accomplished their mission. Great stuff.

Enough said.

any of youze guys want to buy some history before i put this up on e-bay ?
MVC-011S-4.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any of youze guys want to buy some history before i put this up on e-bay ?
MVC-011S-4.jpg
</div></div>

I bid one <span style="font-style: italic">million </span>dollars

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

heck....gimme the redhead a carton of Marlboro and some mad-dog 20/20 a hundred large and we'll call it even....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW.

You guys really don't know who Rogue is? I know, but I'm not saying...

Rogue. Should it be kept that way? >:D

Now understand this. These topics usually get created by someone who is new to the board. <span style="font-weight: bold">Rogue has been here awhile, he's seen it many times, as have I</span>.
</div></div>

ArmaHeavy
Loc: Chesapeake, VA

Rogue7A
Loc: Quantico, Virginia

Did I miss a fucking time-warp or are you just about as new as anyone else here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It doesn't require an apology from any party, just understanding. The guys who have been here awhile look at what the new guys write and get somewhat irritated when they see the same stuff getting posted every year and almost every month.

Meanwhile the guys who have really been on the site the longest are laughing their asses off. Probably about everything, and everyone.

</div></div>

That newbie asking the same old tired question was all of us not all that long ago. If a thread is tired and worn out, and you don't want to revisit it, DON'T. What's so fucking hard about that? I get sick as crap of folks bitching like little girls that someone asks a question that has already been asked and answered. The fact is, that description pretty much describes every question ever asked. Take a pill and have a little patience - at least people are interested and want to know. Consider that the alternative is indifference. Where would that get us?

By the same token - keep in mind what it is like in your everyday job that you think your pretty good at - when someone that doesn't know anything speculates or assumes......

The question was valid, I think some of the objection stemmed from the speculation and the "OMFG I Gotta Have IT" that is typically reserved for 'other boards'.

Sorry boltripper, the redhead is mine :p She actually just gave me a whole photo album with much better pictures than that one
laugh.gif

as to the original topic being played out, didnt this take down happen within the last week? how many topics could there have possibly been? I understand that the general question has been asked to death, but in this specific incident, the question remains. personally, i dont really care what they used, just that it worked for them. however, i would love to have one of everything the SEALs use in my arms locker, if only for resale value...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike_Honcho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the same token - keep in mind what it is like in your everyday job that you think your pretty good at - when someone that doesn't know anything speculates or assumes......

The question was valid, I think some of the objection stemmed from the speculation and the "OMFG I Gotta Have IT" that is typically reserved for 'other boards'.

</div></div>
I can't find a single post of anyone in this pissing contest stating they want to know so they can run out and get anything. Also, unless one of the actual shooters or someone actually involved in the thing posts, pretty much anything is going to be speculation as they had a number of options and no one here really 'knows'. Short of that or the speculation, this would be a one post thread. Wouldn't that be a great site - a whole collection of one post threads where no one ever speculated, no one ever voiced an opinion, and no one ever got the benefit of someone else who might have a bit more insight - even if it is no more than informed speculation? Ah, what the hell; let's just whip out the rulers, measure our d!#%$, post the winner and close the site. After all, it's just too hard to tell who knows what they are talking about and who the posers are and I just shouldn't have to decide for myself what is opinion based on real knowledge and what is just total BS nor which topics to even read in the first place. If a topic exists, I must read it - right?

I am a bit curious what was used, because it seems to have been some impressive shooting. Of course, it probably doesn't matter what was used, the whole "it's the Indian, not the arrow" thing. People cared what shoes Michael Jordan wore.

As a lowly civilian, who's sole contribution to the matter is paying taxes I have only three real interests in the matter:

1. That our Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen get the best training possible.
2. That the equipment that our Sailors, Marines, Soldiers and Airmen get is the best available, whether that's a sniper rifle, a fighter jet, or the logistic equipment that gets them where they need to be.
3. That our politicians stay out of the way of the men and women who serve our country, and let them do their jobs unimpeded.

If me showing admiration to the SEAL's that got the job done provides a target indicator to Rouge, well, I don't really give a fuck. Any abuse he gives me over the internet doesn't matter, especially compared to what those who serve go through on our behalf.

It's threads like these that make this site more and more like Arfcom. Some of you guys need to grow the fuck up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggerStick47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's threads like these that make this site more and more like Arfcom. Some of you guys need to grow the fuck up. </div></div>

+1

Wow.....

I would like to say I too am curious about the configuration of the system they used due to the difficulty of the tactical problem. Moving platform, moving taget, lack of visibility due to a large amount of concealment......but then I read the post and became concerned that I might be viewed as a "SEAL Worshiping Poser"......

Then I realized I don't really give a fuck what anyone else thinks about me. I will kick back and wait until a credible source quenches my curiosity. Until then I will hoist my cup to the boys who did the deed no matter what they used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggerStick47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's threads like these that make this site more and more like Arfcom. Some of you guys need to grow the fuck up. </div></div>

+1.... or at least go out and get laid ....