• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft what weapons did the SEALs us on the pirates?

Re: what weapons did the Seals us on the pirates?

Interesting observation--If you regularly use the "ignore user" function and flag users the first time they post something you deem offensive or otherwise not worthy of reading, threads like this CONSISTENTLY become a HELLUVA lot shorter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting observation--If you regularly use the "ignore user" function and flag users the first time they post something you deem offensive or otherwise not worthy of reading, threads like this CONSISTENTLY become a HELLUVA lot shorter.</div></div>

I started to say, "Good point, maybe I should try that" then I realized you'd almost certainly never see it.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rest of you have REALLY shown your ass clown potential.</div></div>

I too was curious about this but I realize now that I was wrong to feel that way. I'm going to take this profound sense of shame that I currently feel and use it to make myself a better person. Thanks for squaring me away.

I may go to retard adventure school, but I know I will never be the measure of warrior that represented here. I don't know what SOCOM is.
My specialty is having the morphine and bandages for you when you come back if you needem.
Thanks for letting me be a part of your great website here.
Actually I never went to adventure school. just spent time out doors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did this godawful thread get revived?
</div></div>

My bad, although anything that brings the girls out has at least some redeeming value.

" I submit that AMERICA is going to make a comeback, and more than likely it'll be on the back of our cherished youth serving with honor in Our military." - LNO1 -

Last I checked, we have never been in need of a 'comeback'. Our standards for fighting have not slipped, nor been shoddy. We are indeed home to the finest fighting forces on the planet, and are always improving our capabilities to fight.
wink.gif

Interesting post to say the least. Fighting and flaming over what?...a question? That we ask here often? This is where some of you senior (and former) NCO/Operators might set a young man straight as much as you can about this business. It ain't just the weapons but the running and carrying a ruck for miles, under less than pleasant conditions. Being a patrol leader and having to think when you're so tired you'll walk right into your buddy or a tree. Just my thought.

So, for pure conjecture, I will say that when I was in (the U.S Army 1/75th Rangers), the Seals and D-boys, pretty much picked their weapon of choice. Most had several firearms assigned to them. It seems the surge in popularity of the M-16 series of rifles would be my guess as to what they used. When I was in everybody had the M-16A1 or Car-15. I don't know when the Navy went to the Mk and Mod nomenclature, but I don't remember them calling it that when I was in. Now, operators are using all kinds of mods and barrel lengths for mission specific criteria. Along with ammunition we never got. Last I heard was the Mk 13 Mod 1..what it means I have no idea. Only, it ain't your grandpa's M16-A1, thats for sure.

Someone probably brought along a 7.62x51 on a highly accurized platform (SR-25?? maybe M-21, those are still around). So that they could penetrate the walls of the lifeboat better if need be. Again, all the stuff on it and what got done to it were never an option for us but the Seal teams and D-Boys got them. And, rightfully so, They needed them for their operation they should get them.

For those of you who want to rush out and buy the stuff, and the T-shirts, more power to you. That's what keeps the industry and our First and Second Amendments alive.

For the actual op. I commend the Captain of the Brisbain and the Cdr of the team on board for giving the go-ahead to shoot. When given minimal allowance of engagement they waited for the time they felt something could have happened and took the right course of action. In hindsight, having three dead bodies is a stronger deterrent than the PR coming out of Somalia says it is. Fully half of the pirate types operating off that coast just decided their going to throttle back a bit. The rest of the idiots that would die for their cause deserve just that. I'm a little tired of seeing completely overt criminals getting treated lightly in these cases. This crap of "It's just their way of life" or/so "They don't know any better" is BS. They don't want to work as a nation to bring themselves to modern standards. Or any standard of decency. Somalia is clearly a nation internally collapsed and no one inside the country cares. That whole subject would/should be a new post though.

My hat's off to the guys who pulled this one off successfully and to the rest our military...where ever they may be and what ever they are doing. Stay safe

update, i have it from confidential sources that the operators in question actually used wire guided atl-atl's to neutralize the somali boys choir who were only trying to audition for "so u think u can sing" a new hit series.

I've heard thru the grape vine that Samuel L. Jackson flew overhead and got those "mutha fuckin snakes off that mutha fuckin plane". Thus dumping a large amount of highly poisonous and ill tempered reptiles onto the terrorist.

It went so smoothly because while the "pirates" were not looking Chuck Norris went in and sprayed the love scents all over their neck.

The End.

found out i had it wrong before....they actually used zombie stripper launched ping pong balls carefully employed with a professional degree of precision.

ROGUE7 : I AM JUST GLAD THAT IT IS NOT JUST THE PRESENTLY ACTIVE PROFESSIONALS WHO ARE WELCOME HERE, IT WOULD BE BORING, THE SECOND AMENDMENT WOULD HAVE A LOT LESS SUPPORT; THE GREAT GUN CO.S WOULD BE FEWER AND POORER; NO ONE WOULD BE AROUND TO PROVIDE LIVELY ACTION ON THE CLASSIFIEDS BUYING AND SELLING; NO ONE WOULD CARE WHAT THE SNIPERS DO, OR WHY OR HOW...
I AM GLAD FOR THE PROS THAT DO EXPLAIN THINGS;
I CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAKE SEAL AND REAL DEAL...
I ALSO WONDER IF THERE ARE FOLKS HERE WHO THINK THAT ONLY THE REAL DEAL PROFESSIONAL SHOULD HAVE GUNS, LEARN, PRACTICE, DISCUSS, ETC. OR IF THE RIGHTS TO OWN A GUN AND USE IT ARE JUST FOR THE ELITE..
IF THAT IS THE CASE, I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT OUTRIGHT...IF THAT IS THE CASE THE PROFESSIONALS ARE NOT WHAT I THOUGHT, AND NOT FOR THE REASONS I THOUGHT; IF SOME OF YOU ARE SO ELITIST THAT THE OTHERS HERE CRAMP YOUR STYLE, TALK ONLY TO YOUR EQUALS.. WE DO NOT NEED YOU TO WASTE OUR TIME EITHER... CAUSE YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING NOTHING.. PROVING NOTHING...
I AM TRYING TO NOT GET TOO AGGRAVATED THAT ASKING A QUESTION OR WANTING TO SIMPLY EXPRESS AN OPINION ON WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN USED MAKES ONE A FUCK TARD -- LIKE THERE IS NO REASON TO TALK OR ASK OR PARTICIPATE IF YOU ARE NOT THE REAL DEAL AND IF YOU ARE, YOU DO NOT NEED TO ASK OR DISCUSS...SO WHY ARE ANY OF US HERE ? FOR THE TALK AND DISCUSSINO AND LEARNING..
IF THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN HAVE AN OPINION OR A QUESTION ARE PROFESSIONALS, WHY COME HERE..YOU GUYS CAN JUST DISCUSS IT AT THE RANGE, OR THE INTEL GATHERINGS, DEBREIFINGS, ETC...GOTTA SEE EM TO KNOW THEY ARE REAL, YOU KNOW.. AND MAYBE RETIRED IS NOT COOL EITHER ...
THE REGULAR GUY MAKES THIS SITE AS LARGE AND POPULAR AS IT IS, AND THE REGULAR GUY SUPPORTS MANY SHOOTING SPORTS AND MANY OF THE SHOOTING INDUSTRY THAT EXIST OFF OF THE WHOLE GROUP AND NOT JUST THE PROS..THAT KIND OF INSULTING BS SPOUTED HERE IS NOT GOOD FOR THE SITE, FOR THE INDUSTRY NOR FOR THE IMAGE OF THE PROFESSIONALS THAT OTHERS HERE WOULD HAVE A GOOD MODEL TO IMITATE... YOUR DEMEANOR IS SLANDEROUS TO THE PROFESSIONALS THAT ARE ALSO INSTUCTORS TO THE REST OF US, AND MODELS TO THE REST OF US..I DO NOT CARE PERSONALLY IF YOU ARE THE BEST SNIPER, MOST TRAINED ETC. .. COULD HAVE FOOLED ME..
YOU SHOWED ME NOTHING BUT YOUR BUTT... I HAVE NOTHING BUT THE DEEPEST RESPECT THE ONES HERE WHO DO HAVE ENOUGH HONOR TO TREAT OTHERS WITH CIVILITY, AND PATIENCE; IF YOU ARE A GREAT HERO WHO HAS TO TREAT FOLKS LIKE YOU DID TONITE, I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU DO OR WHAT YOU DID.. YOU DID NOT DO IT FOR ME.. YOU DID IT FOR YOURSELF, YOUR OWN EGO TRIP... IF YOU THINK YOU ARE ENTITLED TO BE INSULTING INSTEAD OF HELPFUL, I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU KNOW NOR WHAT YOU THINK ON THE SHOOTING ARTS OR ME OR MY OR OTHERS' QUESTIONS; AND WILL NOT READ AGAIN WHAT YOU SAY OR FAIL TO SAY CAUSE YOU ARE TOO ATE UP WITH THE DUMB ASS..
(IGNORE BUTTON ON... BLOCK THE FUCK TARD..)-- ::
btw THAT IS A COOL WORD THOUGH, THANKS FOR THAT .. FUCK TARD... YOU FUCKTARD.. --DOES IT HAVE TO BE TWO WORDS.. OR CAN IT BE ONE .. OR HYPHENATED LIKE FUCK-TARD-- ? I GUESS YOU WILL GET YOUR HACKLES UP AT THAT TOO.. ONLY YOU CAN CALL OTHERS FUCK TARD... ? OR IS IT TOO ELEMENTARY A QUESTION.. ? HEY I ALREADY KNEW I WAS A FUCK TARD.. DID YOU NOT REALIZE YOU WERE ONE ? IT WILL BE OK.. SCREAM AT A NEWBIE TILL YOU ARE ALL WELL..THEY WILL GET OVER IT AND WHO CARES ANY WAY RITE ?
lol
DK

I think I agree but DAMN that was hard to read. My eyes are ringing
laugh.gif

Cheers,

Doc

Doc : SORRY FOR THE RANT..oops, doing it again.. I must have used my outside voice LOL..
beleive it or not, folks other than professionals shoot and do it well, and have some really nice equipment.. and they buy your old shit ... so ... it is best to help the newbies.
dk
i promise to not raise my voice again.. or to try.
dk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could R7A be Mike D. in drag?</div></div>

That's an image I really didn't need in my head.

maybe crosmans with laser sights and drop compensating coriolis detectors.

R7A, if you ever need anything done I can do let me know and if I had your address I'd send you a friggin' Christmas card every year from now on.

You weren't harsh; its just that the truth sounds harsh.
And if any of your people ever need anything my friends and I can do we would love the opportunity to be of service in any way.

And keep fucking with these pussies here and thanks for calling their stupid asses out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROGUE7A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Actually they would be... see, WE all chip in. And your <span style="color: #FF0000">apparant</span> lack of command of the english language and being able to compose a sentence in above <span style="color: #FF0000">grammer</span> school text is what keeps us coming back </div></div>

I went ahead and took the liberty of highlighting your lack of command of the English language. It would have taken too long to highlight the bad grammar also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROGUE7A</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> OH MY FUCKING <span style="color: #FF0000">GOOD</span>!

You people are <span style="color: #FF0000">wose</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">then</span> fucking CNN "Terrorism Experts"

HO-LEE-SHEE-AT!

Tell me which one of you fuck tards is the following

1. NAVSOF
2. USASOC
3. SOCOM

Or for that fucking matter even hold a fucking Sniper MOS twith operational <span style="color: #FF0000">experiance</span> (outside of what ever retard "Adventure" school you paid for)

but oooooh hell the fuck no, you fucking posers are all of a sudden "Experts"

Ass Clowns

It's kinda funny but sad though... kinda like a retarded kid with a jigsaw puzzle, <span style="color: #FF0000">elmers</span> glue, a hammer and an xacto. You know he's gonna hurt himself but you just can't help but watch 'cause he'll have that stupid self assured grin on his face the WHOLE time

You're right You poser little fuck. I am gonna ridicule them. Not for wondering but for speculating from the vista of knowledge and <span style="color: #FF0000">experiance</span>. Like this fucktard:

I'm not gonna even take time to pick his shit apart, cause to the actual trigger puller it will be <span style="color: #FF6666">aparent</span>. And you know what... No you don't have to be a sniper to post on here.... <span style="color: #FF0000">thats</span> why there are airsoft ads now. for fuck heads like you. <span style="color: #FF6666">BUt</span> don't worry little Jimmy, for 10 bucks a month you can the online training here and earn your degree online and in the comfort of your own home.

<span style="color: #FF6666">No</span> go cry to momma 'cause "dat mean, mean, mean rogue7a <span style="color: #FF6666">ridculed</span> you"

You're <span style="color: #FF0000">suckh</span> a fag... look at the power you give me to get you ramped up and ruin your day. Fucking losers. I may curse a lot on this but I am laughing my ass of at you fag ass fucking low life posers

Look Brother,
I'm kinda like a shotgun in this realm. I go off loud and I am not really concerned with "Collateral <span style="color: #FF6666">Damge</span>" (which we'll call feeling. Maybe "Idiot" (Did I say that?) was a little harsh... just a bit. But you know when all these <span style="color: #FF0000">quaterbacks</span> start talking about "tactics" and how it was done it gets really fucking annoying.

Heh heh heh..... "Private" whooooo you really slammed me to the ground with that one. My poor wittle fragile sense of self worth has been shattered!.

Whats really funny is if all they used were low tech M4's an big white lights from the ship. I mean jeeze it's not like the targets hey reduced didn't know that they were being watched...

Actually they would be... see, WE all chip in. And your <span style="color: #FF6666">apparant</span> lack of command of the english language and being able to compose a sentence in above <span style="color: #FF0000">grammer</span> school text is what keeps us coming back</div></div>

there's more, but damn that took a long time and I have to get to work
smile.gif
My grammar almost always sux......that's why I don't usually point others out like you do
smile.gif

1. Grammar Nazi
Someone who believes it's their duty to attempt to correct any grammar and/or spelling mistakes they observe. Usually found hanging around Irc chatrooms hounding "n00bs".

2. Grammar Nazi
noun (pl. -s)
1. A person who uses proper grammar at all times, esp. online in emails, chatrooms, instant messages and webboard posts; a proponent of grammatical correctness. Often one who spells correctly as well.

2. a – A person who believes proper grammar (and spelling) should be used by everyone whenever possible. b – One who attempts to persuade or force others to use proper grammar and spelling. c – One who uses proper grammar and spelling to subtly mock or deride those who do not; an exhibitor of grammatical superiority. d – One who advocates linguistic clarity; an opponent of 1337-speak. e – One who corrects others' grammar; the spelling police.

proper noun
3. A nickname, pseudonym or handle for a well-known grammar nazi (defs. 1 and 2) within a particular social circle, used to show either great respect or great contempt for his or her abilities.

verb (transitive)
4. To correct the grammar of (a person's speech, a piece of writing, etc.); to edit for grammar and spelling; to proofread.
1. A grammar nazi knows the difference between "there," "their" and "they're."

2. Teh grammar nazis haev invadd r formu.

this wont die yet...popcorn still sitting here next to me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could R7A be Mike D. in drag?</div></div>

</div></div>

ManChick.jpg

This is Mike D in drag downtown OK City, OK. Do you look like this R7A

What you guys want to restart this bar fight? let it alone; besides the seals used Crossman 788 BB Scouts with there dads unused Tasco scope duct taped on top.

mad.gif

Please lock this stupid fight down Please
cry.gif

i thought we settled this, but i was bemused the other day with a whisper on the wind saying, "they were uzi's wearing mildots and purple lasers."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badd Kharma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could R7A be Mike D. in drag?</div></div>

</div></div>

ManChick.jpg

This is Mike D in drag downtown OK City, OK. Do you look like this R7A </div></div>

This is wrong on so many levels it's giving me a headache
sick.gif

Re: what weapons did the SEALs us on the pirates?

Grabbing popcorn and a cold drink.... nothing going on at the office right now and this could get funny!!

This is a pretty old thread didn't realize it would be revived. Synchronized shooting does not require electronic trigger control. Just good shooters. synchronized shooting does not have to be milliseconds apart especially with silenced rifles.

funny that his posts are deleted now...lol
Can someone still explain to me how this syncrofire bull shit would be a good thing by not allowing the shooters to pull the trigger when they want to? I guess you've got to be sooo high speed low drag that you can hold dead nuts while you wait for everyone else to pull? Oh, and they have to hold dead nuts as well?

I'm sure this thread will never die, in fact we should keep it around for profiling purposes. seems to be working at least..lol

the only way it will work is to have the spotter have a countdown of some form of timing to allow the shooter to pace his breathing so all would be at the pause when all shots break. Just does not make any sense at all to have some shooters possibly on the exhale or inhale during shot break. Just plain stupid. Electronics are great but the human mind and body is just unbelievable

I move to have this thread locked and stored in the "threads not to be re-opened" box. Anyone else agree? (DON'T ANSWER... just let it die).