• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What would make someone take down my U.S. flag?

.30Nate

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2013
Lima ohio
So yesterday I come home from work and notice my U.S. flag is laying on the ground, pole and all. It hangs on the side of my garage in one of those holders that attach with screws and is at a 45* angle. I walk over and put it back it the holder and could not figure out how in the hell it fell out, it has never fell out before. Then an hour or so later I notice that my 2 house for sale by owner signs are missing. Now I'm pissed because I'm sure someone had to steel my signs and throw my flag on the ground. I set up a hidden trail camera to watch over the flag and a sign below it that reads "I hope your as good at dodging .45 rounds as you are at taking down my flag." Now I'm not going to really shoot anyone for fucking with my flag but maybe they will get the message to stay the fuck "OFF MY LAWN." I still have no idea why someone would want to take my flag down.

Even better round up some Marines and when the punks are identified and confronted, let the Marines teach them some respect about our US Flag.

I had the wind life my flag and pole out of the holder a week ago here in Colorado, saw it happen out the window, but if you get anything on video, post it!

They were just the cheap for sale by owner signs, not the realtor ones used for target holders. There is no way it was the wind. The flag pole mount has a screw that tightens into the pole. Someone had to take it down.

Does the OP have that flag lit up after sundown and through the night?

I fly Bonnie Blue in a 45 Degree holder like you described, but my holder has a thumb screw to hold the mast in place. Does your holder have a hole for a set screw?

Does the OP have that flag lit up after sundown and through the night?

If the person that did it was worried about proper flag protocol and had an issue with it not being lit at night, that same person would not throw it on the ground.

I today's day and age, you're a lot better off not displaying anything. I don't fly any flags or bumper stickers (or any stickers) for the exact reason that prompted this thread. There are simply far too many people who will attack you stuff based on your opinion.

On a side note: Now everyone knows you have guns in your house...

If the person that did it was worried about proper flag protocol and had an issue with it not being lit at night, that same person would not throw it on the ground.

Quite true. I'm just hoping that it is lit at night, and isn't all wind-ripped to shreds and faded to the point of being just about unrecognizable.

I fought my neighbor over his torn tattered flag that was flying in his front yard, now we are like best friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

...There are simply far too many people who will attack you stuff based on your opinion.

And if they choose to attack me based on my display of an American flag I would welcome their attack.