• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats a good SD for a rifle load 6.5 creed

tiger49931

Tiger49931
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2019
Houghton mi
www.906tactical.com
Took a couple box's of match ammo out and ran it thru a MPA BA PMR in 6.5 creed over the chrono and over 60 rounds got a SD of 36.867 with a mean of 2791 but the factory Hornady MATCH ammo 140 ELD had speed ranged from 2711 to 2869 that's over a 150 FPS swing in a box??? When you guys reload what kinds of SD's are you all getting? Cause 36 seems high to me but I'm used to pistol reloading getting single digit SD. Can you get the same with rifle? TY in advance..

If you can reload with SDs into the teens that is pretty good...

Some people claim single digit SDs but over 3 or 5 shots.

You need to do at least 20...

Reactions: DMP
Was able to get an SD of a little over 7 with starline brass. Was honestly shocked to be honest. Have yet to shoot at any type of distance yet, but that is planned for either this week or next.

Attachments

• 12186.jpeg
    12186.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 32
Which chrony?
Was just one or a couple shots Really high or low?

teens and single digit SD aren difficult to get.

Mine was just 5 to get a base line from multiple loads. Loading up more to get a few larger groups to see what happens

Agree though, that shooting fewer rounds really doesn't show the full story.

If you can reload with SDs into the teens that is pretty good...

Some people claim single digit SDs but over 3 or 5 shots.

You need to do at least 20...
yeah my SD was taken from 60 shots of boxed Hornady match ammo. Over an alpha chrony with fresh battery and a partly cloudy day. chrony set at 10 yards (25-28 feet )

That's awesome stats. What cal were you shooting?
I would guess 6.5 Creedmoor.
I never look at SD. ES is all I care about. Keeping it low double or even single digits tells me I have good node. If the ES is low, so must be the SD.

Reactions: NH4X
That's awesome stats. What cal were you shooting?

6.5CM
Lapua Brass SR
26" Bartlein Barrel / 1-8" Twist
41.5 gr / H4350
.040 off lands
Fed205M Primers
Hornady 129 gr InterLock SP

6.5CM
Lapua Brass SR
26" Bartlein Barrel / 1-8" Twist
41.5 gr / H4350
.040 off lands
Fed205M Primers
Hornady 129 gr InterLock SP
What's your fps runing if yoy dont mind sharing. 3000 ?

Shot this load at 200 yards yesterday. Only 7 shots. The 4 that are stacked are .16moa!! The other 3 opened it up to .47moa. Still a contender and I’ll massage it a little bit on either side and see if it’s repeatable.
42.0gr H4350
2843FPS with and ES of 9.
.120” off lands. CBTO 2.097”
140gr Berger Hybrid Target
Alpha LRP brass
CCI BR-2
0DC6C994-EC0F-4A3F-A0E5-A3FFE6773316.jpeg

Reactions: Slickrick0999
Get a Magnetto Speed or Labrador if you are serious about accurate data. I have had several "Light" chronos over the years never had great results with them they always seem to exhibit erratic behavior.
I think good SD is 20 or below great SD single digits.

Here is a thread I started a while back should give an idea of what other people are getting.