• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's in a Username

Mine is a nickname for one of my favorite cars ever, a diesel w124 Mercedes. My next vehicle will be a diesel too and will have the same nickname
Look for a E320 CDI - W211 (2003-2006). A surprisingly nimble luxury sedan propelled by a straight 6 common rail diesel (without DPF and SCR crap) that gets 32 to 40 miles out of the gallon. It also accelerates faster than the gas version of the same chassis.

Look for a E320 CDI - W211 (2003-2006). A surprisingly nimble luxury sedan propelled by a straight 6 common rail diesel (without DPF and SCR crap) that gets 32 to 40 miles out of the gallon. It also accelerates faster than the gas version of the same chassis.
I had one, got 42 mpg on the highway. Fast ans handled like a sportscar, would stop on a dime and give you change. The downside is the repair bills. ...and the cost of diesel being as high as premium.

I'm left handed and my first name is Jason. Pic I found awhile ago here and mirrored the pic to make it left handed. This is the only place I use this name. Didn't want people finding things I posted previously.

I had one, got 42 mpg on the highway. Fast ans handled like a sportscar, would stop on a dime and give you change. The downside is the repair bills. ...and the cost of diesel being as high as premium.
I spent more than the first half of my mechanic career working on German cars, and primarily Mercedes so I’m well aware of how awesome the w211 cdi is.

My plan for the next diesel vehicles is an f10 BMW 535d to be a daily/sporty/nice vehicle. Then in a few years, when it’s easiest, to import a G400 cdi. I love the idea of this plan, just hope it plays out perfectly

I have a big fat cock.

Screenshot_20211027-055407_Chrome.jpg

I was young, Gundam Strike Freedom was my favorite mobile suit at the time. StrikeFreedom sounded too anti-American, anti-freedomish, so I just used Freedom + my squadron at that point in my career, 790.

When I was 15 I bought a Nissan 300zx Twin turbo, it was my favorite car, till I totaled it 6 days after I got my license. I had it for maybe 3 months. Luckily I wasn’t too hurt but damn was it a sad day. I started saving at 12 for a car and spent every dime I had on it. Used to have a picture of me and it when I passed my drivers test in it.

It’s been pickup trucks for me ever since, because I have no self control when it comes to going fast.

Never had a nickname, never wanted to make a cultural reference. Decided I didn't want my real name on the first social media/forums so used my first corporate email address. First initial of first name, first 5 letters of last name, number. Yes, even if only one, everyone gets a number. I think on most forums the number makes people think it's +/- a callsign etc but is just corporate IT dumbness.

Convenient, no one else has it so it's always free. If that username is claimed, it's me forgetting I signed up for the forum/service and I just recover the password, I'm in.

That has now become a nickname. People who know me with a significant online component (lots of shooting and outdoorsy activities therefore) call me "shoobie" when in person. Its... weird.

Reactions: jrassy
When I was 15 I bought a Nissan 300zx Twin turbo, it was my favorite car, till I totaled it 6 days after I got my license. I had it for maybe 3 months. Luckily I wasn’t too hurt but damn was it a sad day. I started saving at 12 for a car and spent every dime I had on it. Used to have a picture of me and it when I passed my drivers test in it.

It’s been pickup trucks for me ever since, because I have no self control when it comes to going fast.
I drive a truck for the same reason. My best friend has a 68 Stingray, 427, factory aluminum heads, 4 speed, etc., and encouraged me to take my wife out in it. I was sooo tempted, but declined, because I know myself. I don't need to be driving that car. I drive a truck, also, for that reason.

Bored as hell here at work, so got to thinking about the nicknames people use on forums like this. Just always been curious about the stories behind them or how they came about. I know some are last names with numbers, but there are several others I've seen that intrigue me. Don't know how many of you will contribute, but figured I'd see if anyone else would share how their usernames came about. Again, I'm just bored as hell and looking for something to talk about since I'm the only one in the office this morning.

I'll start. My username, which I've been asked about before on other boards, came about one day while sitting in a doctor's office waiting room. There on the table was a copy of Hot Rod Magazine. On the front cover was the text, highlighting and article inside, which read. "Inside the building of a 1000 HP Pump Gas Rat", which, to anyone who may not know, Rat, is reference to a Big Block Chevrolet power plant. So the article highlighted the building of the Rat motor, which produced 1,000 hp and could be operated on pump gas and not high octane race fuels. Just started using that name and have been for many, many years.
Bite my shiny metal ass

Back in the early 90's I spent a couple of weeks working on a USGS project in Seattle Washington. Spent many of those nights hanging out at Redhook Breweries Trolleyman Pub in the Fremont district. This was way before craft beer was a thing and way before they went corporate. Great time, great memories, and some pretty damn good beer. Just continued to use the name since.

Reactions: BLEE
I drive a truck for the same reason. My best friend has a 68 Stingray, 427, factory aluminum heads, 4 speed, etc., and encouraged me to take my wife out in it. I was sooo tempted, but declined, because I know myself. I don't need to be driving that car. I drive a truck, also, for that reason.
It’s a well known and documented issue with me in my friend group. I’ve crashed dirt bikes, atv’s, snowmobiles, go carts. Ever since I was a kid. I literally just can’t control my self. There’s just a part of my brain that shuts off when I have the ability to go fast. I have extreme self control in almost every aspect of my life but I just can’t not floor it in something fast.

Reactions: jrassy and BLEE
As a friend of mine used to say, "Hung like a tuna can." :ROFLMAO:

He never used that one. However, over the years, I heard him say like a babies arm holding a June Apple or Head on it like a House Cat…. Lol.

He was one of a kind for sure.

• Haha
He never used that one. However, over the years, I heard him say like a babies arm holding a June Apple or Head on it like a House Cat…. Lol.

He was one of a kind for sure.
My LEO academy instructors described his, as a "loggerhead snapping turtle with a Georgia peach in its mouth"... YES, there were females in the class and it was a long time, ago. Lol

My LEO academy instructors described his, as a "loggerhead snapping turtle with a Georgia peach in its mouth"... YES, there were females in the class and it was a long time, ago. Lol

Had to be a State LE instructor. No way in hell it was a Fed. They are some of the most monotone, no expression instructors I’ve ever seen.

Had to be a State LE instructor. No way in hell it was a Fed. They are some of the most monotone, no expression instructors I’ve ever seen.
That was a regional academy, run by a local community college, now defunct (LEO acad, not the commnutity college). All our local LE entities have their own academies, now. It was bare basics. We got much better training, after we went to work, at the SO, I was with. Now that SO has a really nice academy. I didn't last long as a LEO, thank goodness.

Shot High Power across the course in the 90’s with service rifles made Expert. Did Camp Perry in single and team matches. Wanted to make Master, then High Master, but never did. Turns out my ammo back then wasn’t up to par. Quit shooting in the 2000’s, our son race motocross and made right to the pro class then got hurt pretty bad, his # 684. So years ago I took up F Class shooting F/TR learned how to build better ammo, made High Master in a few months. So I want to loose weight, get in shape go back to Service Rifle, make High Master, then leg out and see if I can get Distinguished. I’ll be 64 in May. Gonna be tough!

My name is pretty self explanatory. Average Guy, I’m just an average guy who has been shooting since I could hold a rifle. No mil/le service, or high speed stuff.

Primarily a USPSA shooter, but being "down zero" seems universal and more exciting than "two alpha."

Shot High Power across the course in the 90’s with service rifles made Expert. Did Camp Perry in single and team matches. Wanted to make Master, then High Master, but never did. Turns out my ammo back then wasn’t up to par. Quit shooting in the 2000’s, our son race motocross and made right to the pro class then got hurt pretty bad, his # 684. So years ago I took up F Class shooting F/TR learned how to build better ammo, made High Master in a few months. So I want to loose weight, get in shape go back to Service Rifle, make High Master, then leg out and see if I can get Distinguished. I’ll be 64 in May. Gonna be tough!

Good luck on your quest. I wish you the best.

I'm a rugby fan, played in the forwards which have a way of restarting the game called scrummaging. Or having a scrum.

I have a somewhat naughty sense of humour and scumbag and scrum became merged to scrumbag

My name displays my complete and utter lack of creativity and disregard for self-preservation.

I really wasn't thinking when I signed up 10 years ago. ...Just means you all get my highly filtered views and my wife has to put up with my bombastic ravings.

There was a John Travolta movie that came out in 1980; the first word of the title is my last name. I grew up on a cattle ranch in SoDak, so naturally when I joined the military (or USAF cub scouts for you hard core MFers) the TI/DI started calling me "Cowboy"...better than "shitbird" that he called everyone else...I guess. After I got stationed at a place we don't talk about, one of the civilians in the shop stretched it out to "Cow Poke Eeee!" It stuck...he's still there, I think. We helped bad people get taken out of the game.

Reactions: jrassy
I'm a Warhammer 40K fan. A character named Rogal Dorn, one of the sons of the God-Emperor of Mankind, had his genetic material used in the creation of the Imperial Fists Space Marines and their successors including my favorite Chapter, the Black Templars. If I'm ever unpoor enough to afford to play tabletop, I'll play as a spinoff of the Templars. Hence, son of Dorn. Icon's the sigil of the Templars, signature's a quote from Dorn himself, "Castellan" is a rank among the Chapter.

Crimson tide fan, I make my home here in Alabama. I'm anticipating the next national championship! My fantasy is to live to see the 1st ever 3-peat, back to backs have just become the 1st 2 steps, but even those seem just out of grasp. Such is life. Roll Tide!

Reactions: Snipe260 and BLEE